Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Has anyone on here used Metformin who is not insulin resistant?

I'm on 1000mg of met a day, and I've never been tested for insulin resistance.

It would've been done with your testosterone blood test to confirm pcos

Doesn't it require a fasting blood test? That's what I was told and I've never had one of those. Doctor just said my testosterone was slightly up as that was the only thing they tested me for the first time before being referred, then again before I got the met for testosterone, FSH, LH and progesterone.

Hey ladies,

Just popped by to wish you all a happy Christmas & hope 2013 brings you all that you ask for.

Still keeping fingers crossed for you.

Xxxxxx

Doesn't it require a fasting blood test? That's what I was told and I've never had one of those. Doctor just said my testosterone was slightly up as that was the only thing they tested me for the first time before being referred, then again before I got the met for testosterone, FSH, LH and progesterone.

I never fasted for mine.
Doc just did them all in one go.

I never fasted for mine.
Doc just did them all in one go.

Then either my doctor was wrong or I didn't have it done. Either way, even if it was done, they haven't told me I'm insulin resistant.

I don't think I was checked...so maybe the protocol is different here? I definitely had my hormone levels checked though. That was the first thing they did.

Sugarpi, woow thats good ro know and see my level TSH goes on to 4 and Dr also recommends it as normal but dosage i am still taking in morning on fasting

alsi i am on Metformin now from kast 9 days, i hope too we all get sumthing new and change with our body soon

Did it help with regulating your cycles? If so, how long did it take to start working?

I started taking it in July and was already into a long cycle, which ended on cd 135 in September. Since then it's been 36 days, 35 days and I'm on cd 26 today. Before the 135 day cycle I had one that was 167 days and the first cycle after stopping bcp which was 60 days. The 167 day one only ended after taking norethisterone. I'd say it has definitely been the metformin that had shortened and regulated my cycles.

Hey all Young & Sweet Ladies...:flower:

get rid of all tensuons n worries this time

be Happy Smile, Cheers n say .., Happy Christmas to everyone :cloud9::happydance:

spend ur event very happily with your family, lots of hugs :hugs:

do share event pics with us

Hey all Young & Sweet Ladies...:flower:

get rid of all tensuons n worries this time

be Happy Smile, Cheers n say .., Happy Christmas to everyone :cloud9::happydance:

spend ur event very happily with your family, lots of hugs :hugs:

do share event pics with us

Happy Christmas to you, and to everyone else :) I hope everyone has a fab day tomorrow! It was DH's birthday yesterday so we went to his parents for a meal. Got a relaxing evening doing nothing today after he finishes work and then all go tomorrow, going to see my parents in the morning and then to his parents for lunch. :happydance:

woow thts cool nexis, enjoy ur time, hugs

Merry Christmas everyone..

I'm on my 1st round of clomid,, 15dpo today and still no AF but plenty of BFN's :/ usually my LP is 13 days so dont know whats going on.. waiting for the hospital calling back with my 21 day blood results..

Xmas is a welcome distraction

laurabe, yes dear you must go for blood test, i pray n hope u got your bfp this time to make ur Christmas more cherishful, hugs

Merry Christmas everyone..

I'm on my 1st round of clomid,, 15dpo today and still no AF but plenty of BFN's :/ usually my LP is 13 days so dont know whats going on.. waiting for the hospital calling back with my 21 day blood results..

Xmas is a welcome

distraction

I ovulated late on clomid , cd22 blood was only a 7 but cd29 was 34 (10-15 is minimum to get/ sustain pregnancy) so they think I had just ovulated at time of first bloods

wooow good for you hopeful, cherish :)

i am also on CD13 today, dun know when will i O or not :s

Just saying don't give up laurabe if your blood test isn't positive for ov it may have just been a bit later!

I hope everyone had a fab Christmas Day! We're off to see the rest of my family this afternoon, and then over to my inlaws for fry up and some board games this evening :) have a lovely Boxing Day :D

Hi all! I hope you all had a fab xmas day. I did.......dp proposed to me :happydance:
I was opening a dressing gown and out fell a little black box and i seriously didnt twig until dp picked it up and asked "will you marry me?" omg i cried lol! We always said we would marry one day but i didnt expect a proposal lol!

Happy boxing day everyone! Off to dp's mums now for roast pork mmmm yum!

(cd73, bfn 24/12.....oh well, nearly time for fs)

Omg congrats mumface!!! Have you set a date yet? :) so excited for you :)

Just saying don't give up laurabe if your blood test isn't positive for ov it may have just been a bit later!

Ive not got my day 21 results the hospital didnt call me back and closed for xmas hols. Im feeling a bit miffed though cos with Clomid I got pos digi OPK on CD15, thought I O'd on CD16 cos i had O pains but now nothing. So if I didnt O even after the LH surge on CD15 what is the point of the clomid, and what would have stopped me from Ovulating.? :shrug:

aarrgghhh sorry for rant, just wish things were more simple... when AF didnt show I really thought I was getting my xmas BFP but not to be..

anyway I will just need to focus on making a 2013 minime lol

Mumface: MASSIVE congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
How exciting! Yay! xxxxx

Laurabe: I didnt O on Clomid until cd 29 on both rounds. I was on lowest dose of 50mg and think it needed upping but i only did 2 rounds then we took a break until OH got his swimmers tested...luckily we didnt have to get that far before we got our bfp.

I got to see my little blueberry in an early scan on Xmas eve as we had a bit of a scare when i passed some blood clots and had stabbing pains. All seemed fine and i got to see the heartbeating :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->