Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

I've always suffered with heartburn/acid reflux. Suprisingly it wasn't any worse when pregnant, and my baby was born with a full head of hair :haha:

I didn't know what it was for ages lol.
Was just in bed crying at night cos it was burning and making me vomit constantly!
Then, the other day I was in the back of my friends car and I vomited up acid that was orange from Doritos on my hand and didn't wanna tell my friends lol. So I wiped it on a tissue but I'm sure u could smell it! No Doritos since lol,
Zantac is AMAZING though!
Gaviscon was going nothing but Zantac def helps, try it!
2 weeks ago at my scan they said bub just has hair around the back and sides like an old person lol. I can't believe they can see hair!!

I get terrible acid reflux and so does my best friend who also has pcos. I find that gaviscon works brilliantly for me, and I've also tried ranitidine which was good too. Failing having anything like that in the house, a cup of milky tea normally helps.

Nexis & Mrs B - So that's another 2 ladies on here with PCOS and Acid Reflux, can't believe I wasn't made more aware of it as I saw doctors about Acid Reflux for years (because it caused damage to my asophogus for a while causing it to close)

Hopeful for 1st - Nexis is exactly right Milk is really amazing for helping with acid reflux, if its bad I drink a glass before each meal and it really helps.

I used to take Lanzoprosol from Doc but have stopped that since TTC becuase its harmful for baby if you get pregnant so gaviscon and milk it is for me lol!

xx

Hi ladies, im a sufferer of pcos and reflux too. Ive tried everything, and theres only two things that help me, milk and fruity antacids (like Tums in the UK).x

I never get heartburn or reflux so i guess im lucky in that sense. I do temd.to get bloated easily though.
Ok.so my oily skin is really pissing me off. Just showered so feel fresh amd clean now but give me a couple hours and i will be oily again. My forehead, nose and chin.
Ive tried clearasil products, clean and clear products, simple products, clinique, clarins and even supermarkets own brands. Ive tried tea tree from avon and various facial wipes. Ive even tried just using water to wash my face but didnt feel clean. I have now taken to carrying.face wipes with me to work so i can freshen up part way through the day. But then im oily within the hour.
I cant wear make up, my hair goes oily so it needs to be washed daily which has dried the ends out badly.

What products would anyone reccomend to me if any?

I didn't know what it was for ages lol.
Was just in bed crying at night cos it was burning and making me vomit constantly!
Then, the other day I was in the back of my friends car and I vomited up acid that was orange from Doritos on my hand and didn't wanna tell my friends lol. So I wiped it on a tissue but I'm sure u could smell it! No Doritos since lol,
Zantac is AMAZING though!
Gaviscon was going nothing but Zantac def helps, try it!
2 weeks ago at my scan they said bub just has hair around the back and sides like an old person lol. I can't believe they can see hair!!

i love cheesy doritos mmmmm yum! But after reading your post im not too sure.....:sick:

And my pours are visable on my nose and chin and have been since my teens. I didnt care about them til a girl in school laughed at them right in my face. I was 15 and since then ive been really aware of them.

And my pours are visable on my nose and chin and have been since my teens. I didnt care about them til a girl in school laughed at them right in my face. I was 15 and since then ive been really aware of them.

What a bitch!!
I bet she wasn't perfect either'

What a bitch!!
I bet she wasn't perfect either'

Yeah what a cow. I have visible pores on my nose and some either side of my nose too.

No she wasnt perfect! She wore the same school shirt everyday, i knew this coz hers had a blue ink stain on the cuff which was visable everyday. At least i had clean clothes everyday. Tramp.
Infact, all the girls who bullied me in school wernt perfect. I got into an argument once in school and she went to hit me so natural instinct i went to grab the fist but at the same time i pushed and she went face first into a wall and i hurt her wrist. I got detention for a few days but was worth it. She never bothered me again.
Bullies make me so angry. I would tell my son/daughter to give as good u get. Dont take shit of anyone. Teachers at my school did nothing about bullies, they just let it happen which was really sad coz some people had bad times. I was bullied because i was quiet, played the cornet in the brass band, and was a goth and liked slipknot and korn amd bands like that. Looking back it was pathetic how no one could be themselvs. And it affected my confidence for years.

Down with bullies!!

I never get heartburn or reflux so i guess im lucky in that sense. I do temd.to get bloated easily though.
Ok.so my oily skin is really pissing me off. Just showered so feel fresh amd clean now but give me a couple hours and i will be oily again. My forehead, nose and chin.
Ive tried clearasil products, clean and clear products, simple products, clinique, clarins and even supermarkets own brands. Ive tried tea tree from avon and various facial wipes. Ive even tried just using water to wash my face but didnt feel clean. I have now taken to carrying.face wipes with me to work so i can freshen up part way through the day. But then im oily within the hour.
I cant wear make up, my hair goes oily so it needs to be washed daily which has dried the ends out badly.

Me too!!

I started using the seaweed products from bodyshop whilst I was pregnant as I broke out in loads of spots, and they're great!

No she wasnt perfect! She wore the same school shirt everyday, i knew this coz hers had a blue ink stain on the cuff which was visable everyday. At least i had clean clothes everyday. Tramp.
Infact, all the girls who bullied me in school wernt perfect. I got into an argument once in school and she went to hit me so natural instinct i went to grab the fist but at the same time i pushed and she went face first into a wall and i hurt her wrist. I got detention for a few days but was worth it. She never bothered me again.
Bullies make me so angry. I would tell my son/daughter to give as good u get. Dont take shit of anyone. Teachers at my school did nothing about bullies, they just let it happen which was really sad coz some people had bad times. I was bullied because i was quiet, played the cornet in the brass band, and was a goth and liked slipknot and korn amd bands like that. Looking back it was pathetic how no one could be themselvs. And it affected my confidence for years.

Down with bullies!!

I can relate to this. Constantly had to put up with "mosher" being shouted everyday :dohh: now it's not so much of a problem as all my friends are pretty much into the same stuff as me, and I'm not quite as alternative looking these days apart from maybe my flesh tunnels :D

Hi girls.. Just checking in.. This is my 2nd clomid round but I've to go for an internal scan tomorrow cos my last CD21 bloods showed my progesterone too high :wacko:

I know that O tests for PCOS are not always reliable but in recent months they have worked for me.. However last cycle I got a positive OPK on CD15 but based on AF date it seems I O,d on around CD19 or 20.. Wondering why I got a pos O but didnt actually O until 4 or 5 days later.. I'm guessing this might be why my progesterone was so high on CD21 too though the nurse said it was still too high (over 100)

And thanks to that pos O test we ended up BD at the completely wrong time GRrrrr..!!

Maybe I will get answers tomorrow..

Just gonna BD every other day instead of using the tests this time

Hi all. Has anyone heard from Nlk? Just wondering how she was getting on with the agnus castus?

I only return to work tomorrow after the xmas break (school teacher!).
Soooo not looking forward to it. Morning sickness has been pretty bad lately and i am having trouble eating so energy and moods not great.
Havent told my head or deputy that i'm preggo yet either so i'll be expected to be firing on all cylinders :(

Have you tried using a primer? I've started using one under my makeup and it seems to help :)

I'm still here :wave:

Sorry I've been so absent...I was just enjoying the time off, trying to relax as much as possible, and getting up to date with all my uni work!

I haven't started the AC yet...I'm worried that it will stay in my system for a while, so I've asked my doctor to prescribe me some provera (which is proving to be pretty difficult actually!) and I'm intending on taking soy..I'm also considering finishing my letrozole. I have about 6 months worth left, and feel crap wasting it :( it can't hurt, right?!

Figured I will do this for 2/3 cycles, then if nothing I'll start the AC. Have also booked into a few open evenings for IVF clinics, just to get a feel for how they work, and to understand it a bit better.

Hope everyone had a good christmas. Hope we get some more bfp's in here soon :dust:

I don't know about oily skin sorry! (mine is oposite dryer than the sahara desert). But for your dry ends have you tried washing it and then working some leave in conditioner into the ends, this works really well for me as I have like you greasy roots but dry ends! Joys of PCOS!!

:flower: glad you managing to stay positive nlk

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back