Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

I am definitely finding out the sex of the twins. There is no way needing twice the stuff that I wouldn't find out.

Hey guys! Sorry I've been missing for a while...I've been down with the flu---YUCK!

Hopefully, I'm on the mend and starting to feel more like a human. :)

Just went for an ultrasound today. Dr. said that my follicles look borderline PCOS, but combined with all my other symptoms, she's thinking that its a for sure diagnosis.

So, she's starting me on metformin.

I'm sure some of you guys have been on it before....any tips? Thoughts?

Happy Wednesday!

Welcome dear :happydance:

Glad to know you are at least diagnosed and starting treatment too , good luck :thumbup:
i'm also on Metformin 1000mg a day from last 2 months and some weeks

didnt got any side effects, and felt a better change myself
this month Clomid first round also given me with a HCG shot and will start taking progesterone from 22Feb

My mum had 5 children naturally, no pcos, regular af.
Big big sis had 1, no pcos but had a few mc and still birth
Middle big sis had 3, no pcos, regular af
Big sis had 2 close together, again no pcos, regular af.
Big bro has two boys so no fertility issues with him.

So that leaves me with pcos and irregular af....i dont think it always runs in families. Where did my pcos gene come from?? :shrug:

I coloured my hair :happydance: its a dark red but under the light dp thinks its bright!
My camera on my phone is bad so it doesnt show the colour v well.
I was careful, i taped bin liners to the bathroom tiles so i didnt splash them and had a supply of latex gloves so for once i dyed my hair without wrecking the bathroom :smug:
I think i will go brighter next time i colour it......

Mumface- my hair doesn't get oily at all I was it once a week!

Mine is awful if i dont wash it everyday :( if i have a few days off work and i know we arent seeing anyone i dont wash it. And if i know we arent doing anything at the weekend i wont wash it from friday until monday morning. If we go to the shops i just hide it under a beanie hat. I guess i do this to try and restore the natural oils? It never works tho.
Oilyness and iregular af are the only pcos symptoms i have.
When my hair was very short i would only shampoo my fringe, id use hair wax on the rest to spike it up so i could go days without washing it.

I have to wash my hair pretty much every day, too :( I try not to, because I think that washing it too much can be bad...washing out healthy oils etc. I tend to wash it every other day, and just spend the second day with it tied up. I also use dry shampoo, just to try and soak up some of the excess oil! Tbh, it's gotten much better in the last few weeks...maybe the acupuncture really is fixing my hormone levels? :shrug:

I have to wash my hair pretty much every day, too :( I try not to, because I think that washing it too much can be bad...washing out healthy oils etc. I tend to wash it every other day, and just spend the second day with it tied up. I also use dry shampoo, just to try and soak up some of the excess oil! Tbh, it's gotten much better in the last few weeks...maybe the acupuncture really is fixing my hormone levels? :shrug:

I started getting dry needling for my muscles and I swear it relaxed me so much and I think it helped me get pregnant.

thats fantastic, ghinspire...I'm really hoping the acu has helped me. I've taken soy this cycle, and tbh I'm having some serious cramping in my left side! Perhaps more than I did on the normal drugs! :shrug: here's hoping it's a good sign...I'd love to get pregnant without the need for ivf. If nothing more than to shove in their face that they were wrong to give up on me!

Today is cd23........
O-M-F-G.....i have EWCM....lots of it!!
Just went to the toilet, wiped and thought hmmm i feel erm....damp (tmi) so.i checked and my cervix felt high and i looked and saw i had clear ewcm!!! I checked again, parted my fingers and it stretched and i could see thru it :):)
Never before have i seen that much ewcm in any of my cycles :) i mean it stretched alot!!
But.....i have my lap and dye 4/3 so if we bd tonight and i catch then it will be too early to test and te lap and may kill the zygote as it travels trough my tube. Dp says we should leave bd :cry: because ive waited so long for help it would be a shame to cancel the op in order to wait for a bfp.....suppose hes right :(
Today is 21st feb and my op is 4th march, no way could i get a bfp in between....?
Sod it! Lets bd and i will poas the morning of my op and take it from there.....

So we're not going to bd. Because think about it yeah....it would be too soon to see a bfp between now amd march 4th so lets leave it.
Besides, im all ready for my pre op tomorrow, my legs and bikini are shaved, im super smooth all over thanks to endless supply of body lotion from the gift sets i got for xmas (my family must think i smell....? Dp and me always get toiletries for xmas) and my nails are done :haha: i know it seems silly but i hate going to doctors with scary hairy bits incase they need to examine you. :smug:

Mumface I would, that's 11 days, I got my bfp on an Internet cheapie test at 10dpo, then used a frer and it was blaring pos... Prob would've shown earlier on a frer if I'd tested earlier with that.

My mum had 5 children naturally, no pcos, regular af.
Big big sis had 1, no pcos but had a few mc and still birth
Middle big sis had 3, no pcos, regular af
Big sis had 2 close together, again no pcos, regular af.
Big bro has two boys so no fertility issues with him.

So that leaves me with pcos and irregular af....i dont think it always runs in families. Where did my pcos gene come from?? :shrug:

My mum never had it, I was conceived first month trying and my sis while on pill.
However her mother (who died when mum was 12) had bad periods, mum said the first day of her period she would spend in bed in pain- maybe it skips a generation?

We didnt bd in the end, id dried up! Maybe it was left overs..?
Today is my pre op and :bfn: am i suprised? No not really!
Pcos skipping a generation? I asked my mum about grandma and my mum doesnt recall, they didnt talk about womens things back then like they do now and grandma went to sleep in 96 so i will never know. However she only had two children (my mum and uncle) who were born in the 40's when contraception wasnt available like it is now. They are 6 yrs apart and grandma had no children after my mum in 1947 so unless they did have protection maybe she had pcos and didnt ovulate?

:cake:
Happy birthday nexis!! Hope dh is spoiling you rotten <3 have a great day!
Xxxxx

:sick: so thats the 2nd stinky bus ive been on this week. Smelt like wet dog mixed with unwashed clothes cranked up to full :sick:
Nearly at the hospital now, then im treating me to subway before work :smug: not good for pcos but good for my soul :haha:

Happy Birthday Nexis
happy birthdatpy to you,.., may you have many mire
with funn of happiness, joy and love

mumface, best of luck with your appointment

well we both are in the same way, just i'm start progesterone from today after HCG shot
and now long wait in tww till 6 March :)

Pre ops all done :) wasnt in long so went for mcdonalds breakfast :smug:
Ive got to be at hospital on monday 4th march at 7:45am and my lap will be that morning. I was instructed to buy some slippers with proper soles and thick sanitry towels or doorstops as dp calls them :haha: they said bring a dressing gown and i will go home in my hospital gown? Noooo i dont think sooo!
Omg its getting close. The sooner i can start clomid the better, hopefully i will be getting my first mothers day card next year :):):) we all will!

Thanks ladies :D so far I've been spoilt rotten! Off out for lunch with mum at carvery and then we're all out for tea later at TGI's. I'm sooo excited as I've never been before lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->