Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

i have to wait to call my doc back tomorrow, but if all he says is provera i swear i'll lose it.
this is way more than provera can fix.

what are you hoping to happen miss kaileigh? are you almost ready for meds?

I'm definitely thinking that I'm going to need meds. Technically we've been trying for a year, because we never prevented. But only recently did we really want to try hard to get pregnant. We figured it would have happened by now. But of course with pcos I should have assumed it wouldn't be that easy.
Hopefully they can help me & I'll see what my options are at that point

Don't be frustrated the medicine could help and you could be pregnant in no time. Metformin hasn't done a lot for me but I did ovulate once. It might mean that I have to go to the next step but I haven't exhausted everything. PCOS is a journey but we will all get or babies. I know it.

I even started doing couch to 5k. I hear that exercise can really help sometimes so I thought why not? PCOS has been making me gain weight and I am tired of it. I am taking control and doing the best I can to get healthy for not only myself but for a future baby.

We can do it.

Well my doctor has his nurse call & she said he recommended birth control or provera. Ugh. I explained again that I'm trying to get pregnant so she said she would talk to him some more and see what else we could do.
I definitely need to lose some weight, I've gained about 70 pounds with pcos. That's definitely a factor with my problems I'm sure. The only problem is losing it, because I have to eat barely a 1000 calories a day and work out at least once a day to even lose 5 pounds. Its terrible :( I'm not going to lose hope that I'll get pregnant, it's just going to be a lot more challenging that it was for a lot of my friends

Well my doctor has his nurse call & she said he recommended birth control or provera. Ugh. I explained again that I'm trying to get pregnant so she said she would talk to him some more and see what else we could do.
I definitely need to lose some weight, I've gained about 70 pounds with pcos. That's definitely a factor with my problems I'm sure. The only problem is losing it, because I have to eat barely a 1000 calories a day and work out at least once a day to even lose 5 pounds. Its terrible :( I'm not going to lose hope that I'll get pregnant, it's just going to be a lot more challenging that it was for a lot of my friends

You could speak to your doctor about Metformin. There are a lot of success stories with it and as I said before it did get me to ovulate and get on a cycle at least that was normal. I was on birth control since I was around 18 so I never knew I had PCOS until I started TCC. I found out in January so imagine my surprise and frustration when I found out my journey to get pregnant was not going to be easy.

I've gained somewhere around 50 pounds and it's definitely not easy to lose. I've read a few books that have helped me get a hold on what I need to do. Green tea seems to help me a lot with the weight loss and it helps with fertility so that's something. Also, you could always do some mini workouts at home. I got my hubby involved because I think he and I both are a little more overweight than we should be.

I know it's hard and frustrating. Everyday I see people getting pregnant around me and having babies and I ask, "Why isn't it me?"

The fact of the matter is I think we are going to appreciate it all the more when we get there because we put so much into it. That baby is going to have us as parents who wanted it and want to love it so much.

Chin up sweetie. We got this!

I plan on asking for metformin when I hear back later today!
I've been drinking green tea a lot more lately, and I think it makes me feel a little bit better so hopefully that's just going to be one step towards getting to my ultimate goal!

If weight can make pcos worse then i should be fine.
Last year i tipped the scales at almosy 12 stone and went on a diet and now im 10stone 9lbs and my pcos symptoms may have eased as i no longer gain weight easily and skin isnt as oily as it was 1 year ago.
The only sign i have pcos now is a garden path, ie a line of hair from my belly button to my pubic hair bit even that isnt very hairy.
Having my bloods taken tomorrow for hormone levels, maybe ive not got pcos as bad as i think??

I hope everyone else is ok.
Xx

I honestly think it depends on the individual person... i have had pcos for 5 years been ttc for 3 1/2 years while taking metformin for a year, loosing 35 pounds exercising 3 days a week and eating all organic all natural foods. with all of that being said i still do not have periods or ov on my own. :( the metformin made me sick all of the time and i didnt ov with it... so i had to decide that my body needed help... and talked with a doctor that would support my decision. So now i am getting ready to take my 1st clomid pill tomorrow!!! I have had to take provera to start my periods and that doesn't make you ov so i had to take clomid cycle days 5 - 9 50mg to try to get prego. hang in there and find a doc. that will support what you want to do and that will listen to your wants and needs in this situation... after all you are paying them to do that right!! :thumbup:

Miss kaileigh and ghinspire, my weight gains about 20kg, I think that's about 45 pounds..I wish we lived close and could help each other

Hi all, i'm stacey (obviously lol) me & oh decided to try, i was diagnosed with pcos in 2010 & had a m/c in 2009. So nervous! x

Hi Stacey! Welcome to the group! :)

hopeful- It would be so nice if we could all work out together, that way we don't lose motivation! I need a work out buddy!

I'm a size 16, been this size for long as i can remember & can't seem to loose the weight, so i need a workout buddy too..

Silly questions but does anyone get facial hair & how do they treat it? its so embarassing!!

Work out buddies dont always work, iv had many of them and they have proved to do worse than good, like if they say oh will we not workout today your more likely to say oh ok and sit there and eat cake!! I think you need to get the will power by yourself!! Thats just my experience of a few different gym buddy, and defo dont buddy with your OH!!!

I'm a size 16, been this size for long as i can remember & can't seem to loose the weight, so i need a workout buddy too..

Silly questions but does anyone get facial hair & how do they treat it? its so embarassing!!

I wax but I know that's not for everyone.

Loulouamy is correct about workout buddies, best off going it alone. Its good to have support though.
Just had bloods taken for hormone levels etc......would be ironic if they detected a pregnancy lol!
Xx

Ps
Does anyone bloat when they are meant to ovulate? Im fine now but from last thursday to yesterday i was cramping and had a bloated mid drift.
I refuse to use opk as i fear it would just add to my worries, id like to think i have ovulatex.

welcome guys!

coco what time is your appointment? good luck with it all!

loulou i agree, we all need a holiday! it can get so stressful at times!

11dpo today....still holding out, going to try and hold out until friday...but may have to test earlier!

almost time nlk!!!

I hope that everyone is having a good Thursday. I hope those of you who are getting ready to test will see that BFP.

Right now I'm just waiting to ovulate but so far nothing. It's a frustrating thing but today I decided to start Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred to go along with my Couch to 5K work out.

I figure if I'm not getting that BFP that I should be doing something good for myself. Oh and did I mention I signed up for a 5K in July? I am excited. It's something I have wanted to do for awhile.

hi guys, sorry i havent been on in so long.

long story short, AF is here. and has been for just over 2 days now. im a little bit gutted, not going to lie, seeing as when she arrived i thought i was only 10/11dpo. but nevermind. onto the next cycle!

have started taking my clomid again today, so hopefully this cycle is the one. i dont know if i can go through what i just went through for a second time.

if any of you actually want to know, its on my journal. i just cant be bothered to type it all out again lol. sorry!

welcome to all the newbies, i will add you all in a sec. also, hope that everyone is doing well, and that those waiting to ovulate are BDing lots, and those getting ready to test are managing to hold out that little bit longer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->