Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

:cry:
they say its genetic but it depends on weight / health / diet / exercise.
so yes my mum had me easily... but she was aboout 3 sizes smaller than me, had she been my size perhaps she wouldve had more trouble.
plus pcos increases m/c rate and my mum had one of them.
so im massuming its hereditary but the degree varies on the individual

You dont look big on your photo hunni.
I weigh 149lb and wear a uk size 14 or 16. I was 140lb when pcos found but i only gained my weight because i gave up smoking and ate rubbish. If my weight gain was pcos related then i would have weighed more at the time of diagnoses.
This time last year i weighed about 160lb approx and lost my weight, it tok months but i believe it has calmed some of my pcos symptoms down to almost zero.

We shall see when my blood tests are revealed on tuesday.

Hi everyone!
I know this thread has been going on for awhile, but I'd love to join!
I'm 22 and got diagnosed with PCOS 7 weeks ago. I was put on metformin 1000mg/day & I've lost 18 pounds in that amount of time. Not horribly overweight, but I was insulin resistant as well. They started me on 1 month of bc pills because I couldn't stop bleeding with last af. I THINK I just ovulated, but with PCOS...who knows right? It's the first month of hoping things could be normal. I have heard some great success stories with metformin though..so we shall see!

Baby dust to you all!! :dust:

Haven't been on for a couple days....have been super anxious for my 2ww to be over and done so I can take my 1st round of clomid! Its driving me crazy!

on day 2 of my clomid only side effects so far are hot flashes and headaches... not too terrible tho. :) hope it works baby dust to all!!!! :baby:

good luck to everyone!

im on day 3 of clomid now. hoping this is the month. FXed for everyone!

Hey everyone who is new! Welcome!

I still haven't ovulated. I am still going to bd anyway because this is supposed to be my fertile few days before I ovulate on Monday. So I am trying to remain positive. Hope everyone is doing well. I hope those of you taking clomid will see that BFP and those of you on Metformin will too.

Right now Metformin isn't doing much for me so I have a feeling that the next step will need to happen soon.

Since my wedding I've gained about 10-15kg (20-35 lb for u guys)

I still haven't ovulated. I am still going to bd anyway because this is supposed to be my fertile few days before I ovulate on Monday. So I am trying to remain positive. Hope everyone is doing well. I hope those of you taking clomid will see that BFP and those of you on Metformin will too.

Right now Metformin isn't doing much for me so I have a feeling that the next step will need to happen soon.

Good luck hun n stay positive! Got my blood test in 36 hours , then to wait n see results to see if I ov'ed!

Hi ladies! I'm out for this month. AF arrived today after 53 days. The metformin isn't doing anything for my cycles unfortunately. Oh well

:dust:

Good luck hun n stay positive! Got my blood test in 36 hours , then to wait n see results to see if I ov'ed!

Good luck hun!!!

GL to everyone! I'm 8dpo on my 2nd Clomid round and not sure how I feel about this month...

GL to everyone! I'm 8dpo on my 2nd Clomid round and not sure how I feel about this month...

Fx we bring some good luck to this thread! I'm prob towards the end of my huge amount of dtd! Doc said 12-18 every 2nd day but I went 7-20 to be safe! Currently laying here holding them in lol. Hoping I've ov'ed this month as Im all sexed out!

Haha I know what you mean! DH and I were relieved when the scan showed I had o'd and we could take a little break... We dtd every other day CD 6-13', every day CD15-20 (o'd CD18) and again on CD22 to cover our bases. So hopefully we caught the eggies! Just nervous about my thin lining not being enough for the little guys. I'm trying not to symptom spot, but I'm going crazy waiting!

GL and :dust: to all of us!

Hi ladies! I'm out for this month. AF arrived today after 53 days. The metformin isn't doing anything for my cycles unfortunately. Oh well

:dust:

what dose of met are you on? if its not doing anything for your cycles, you may need a higher dose

Hi rainangel! I'm only on 500mg once a day. I probably need to up it to twice a day but I feel like I may as well not bother and just get on with clomid?

Hi lovely ladies! Do you know if you have to have metformin before docs will give you clomid? I just feel like giving up on metformin and would rather get on with trying clomid... Xxx

Hi lovely ladies! Do you know if you have to have metformin before docs will give you clomid? I just feel like giving up on metformin and would rather get on with trying clomid... Xxx

I told my fs I wanted metformin and he told me I shouldn't, as it's like a pre-diabetic drug and it would mean I'm worse than just pcos. He made me have insulin / blood sugar test and said my levels weren't bad enough to need it and I should try hard to move away from one day possibly needing it cos it would mean I'm on my way to diabetes. He gave me clomid and said they are for different things and I wasn't in the pre-diabetic state to need the met!

I'm the same as hopeful, my doctor said that my insulin levels were ok and I went straight to the Clomid.

weirdest feeling today.... is this a clomid thing?
pressure like feeling across lower abdomen, like right where the crease is between your vagina and that fatty pouch part of your belly under the belly button.
like the kind of pressure / fullness u feel when u really need to pee! but i dont lol. im even more aware of it when i walk i can feel it moving with my body. argh wtf. has the clomid swollen my insides? do i need to worry hmm.
crappiest part is not even knowing if i oved from the clomid argh :shrug:

has anyone experienced this???

how much does clomid cost? my df and i got into a huge fight because he doesn't think we can afford it since i have only been back to work for a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->