Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Ok, I'm not sure if i asked this here on this thread or not, so just in case... I'll ask again! :)

How do you get diagnosed with PCOS? I'm really starting to think my doctor is a head case and need herself a shrink.

Background:
I went to the dr 6.5 years ago, just before i got married, because i wanted to start trying right away, but hadnt had AF in ages. I was put on bc at 14 for heavy, irregular periods. after about 3 months of that, i stopped taking it for some reason. Since then, I've not had periods, or only 1-3 a year. Doc said that was fine, nothing was wrong.

oct 2011 i go to a different doc as in november it would have been 6 years ttc. No exam or anything, and BAM! diagnosed with PCOS, started on metformin due to not having AF in so long. they upped it on 11/7 as no AF had come, and had my female exam. 11/15 i had AF, and have had one every month since. on 1/20 i went for an US and an IUS. My ovaries were clear, no cysts. I had blood work done as well. Only prolactin and thyroid.

Isnt there more testing involved in being diagnosed with PCOS? After almost 7 years, shouldn't she have done more testing? a FS gave me a consultation and said the dr should have given me the basic work up, and started me on Clomid already. The dr hasn't even referred me to a FS yet, and that's the only way to get into one here.

Well they checked your ovaries and no cysts that's a major characteristic of pcos..you maybe could go back in to test your hormone levels. My doctor gave me a scan and because I don't see AF on my own and he did blood work up and saw I had a hormone imbalance.

I agree I say get a total blood work up checking your hormone levels.

Hey guys just checking in. So fertilaid was a no go didn't get results I wanted. Still no AF since nov 2011. Got placed immediately on provera for 5 days and I should start taking clomid on days 2-6 of my cycle...bottom line...PCOS SUCKSSSSSS!!!:growlmad:

Ok, I'm not sure if i asked this here on this thread or not, so just in case... I'll ask again! :)

How do you get diagnosed with PCOS? I'm really starting to think my doctor is a head case and need herself a shrink.

Background:
I went to the dr 6.5 years ago, just before i got married, because i wanted to start trying right away, but hadnt had AF in ages. I was put on bc at 14 for heavy, irregular periods. after about 3 months of that, i stopped taking it for some reason. Since then, I've not had periods, or only 1-3 a year. Doc said that was fine, nothing was wrong.

oct 2011 i go to a different doc as in november it would have been 6 years ttc. No exam or anything, and BAM! diagnosed with PCOS, started on metformin due to not having AF in so long. they upped it on 11/7 as no AF had come, and had my female exam. 11/15 i had AF, and have had one every month since. on 1/20 i went for an US and an IUS. My ovaries were clear, no cysts. I had blood work done as well. Only prolactin and thyroid.

Isnt there more testing involved in being diagnosed with PCOS? After almost 7 years, shouldn't she have done more testing? a FS gave me a consultation and said the dr should have given me the basic work up, and started me on Clomid already. The dr hasn't even referred me to a FS yet, and that's the only way to get into one here.

I'm fairly new to PCOS so I don't have a lot of answers for you. I was diagnosed because my ultrasound showed cysts and my bloodwork confirmed high testosterone.

Background:

I'm fairly new to PCOS so I don't have a lot of answers for you. I was diagnosed because my ultrasound showed cysts and my bloodwork confirmed high testosterone.

U need to keep on at doctors they can be stubborn and a bit heal thy self at times. I went back for hormone test and it came back normal. Now im waiting for a scan to see if i have pcos or just cysts as i dint display pcos symptoms.

Xxxx

Good luck with all the testing everyone.

Today is a good day physically for me. I went for a 1.75 mile run. It was great to lace up those running shoes and prove to myself that I can do it.

Mentally I am frazzled. My AF hasn't shown so I am trying to keep up the good vibes. I keep telling myself that there is a possibility that there could be a little baby in there making a home. I'm just nervous and afraid that it's going to be another let down.

Today is a good day physically for me. I went for a 1.75 mile run. It was great to lace up those running shoes and prove to myself that I can do it.

Mentally I am frazzled. My AF hasn't shown so I am trying to keep up the good vibes. I keep telling myself that there is a possibility that there could be a little baby in there making a home. I'm just nervous and afraid that it's going to be another let down.

Way to go girl!! I wish I had your motivation! I need to get my butt out there and start running again! FX'd you get your BFP! When are you testing?

FS upped my daily met dose from 1700 to 2125. Wondering what dose all you ladies that tale met and get AF w|out provera take?

Way to go girl!! I wish I had your motivation! I need to get my butt out there and start running again! FX'd you get your BFP! When are you testing?

I tested on Monday and got a BFN but there is a chance that maybe I ovulated later than expected. So that means as long as my AF doesn't come that I'll just wait a week and test next Monday.

I keep patting my belly and saying.."Little baby are you in there?"

I'm hoping it helps.

I keep telling my belly "please stick tight" lol
I got my bfp 7 days ago so pretty sure my risk of chemical has passed. Not just to hope little poppy is healthy.
I was really scared but then I read from 4-6 weeks your risk of m/c is only 10% and at 6 weeks it goes down to 5
Those odds are better than I expected!!

I got my bfp 7 days ago so pretty sure my risk of chemical has passed. Not just to hope little poppy is healthy.
I was really scared but then I read from 4-6 weeks your risk of m/c is only 10% and at 6 weeks it goes down to 5

It will stick. I know it will. You are have your baby. :)

I'm just so unsure right now. I want to believe that there is a chance that my AF won't come but I'm not sure. Anything is possible...but I don't know if it's possible for me.

If you have a girl you could call her poppy lol! That name might end up sticking.
Your little poppy
Xxxx

CD36. Hate waiting :( Just want this cycle over with

why couldnt it just be normal!? :(

Sorry,. feeling sorry for myself.

Hey ladies, I'm 26 and TTC #1 me and my fiance'havebeentrying for1yr with. No results,I wasdiagnosed with PCOS officially in May 2012. I have been doing tons of blood work since January with normal blood work and cycles pretty normal just 1-3 days off. After u/s scan showed follicleson bothovariesand anotherbatch of normal blood work,with theexception thatno ovulation was detected finally it was confrimed. At this point I don't catch myselfsobbing uncontrollablyatthePampers commercials but that was me in January-April!!! I did a lot of research on PCOS so I had plenty of questions for my Dr. every visit. Currently I am taking 500mg of metformin and completed the first round of Clomid 50mg . I am to do more blood work next week to ensure that I ovulated with the help of the Clomid. If anyone needs a buddy or want more info please let me

Welcome MissPeachyP. And Goodluck TTC. Glad to hear u with such a positive attitude coming in. I did a lot research on it when I first found out, and I researched every drug and etc. It eased my mind a lot. Now that I am pregnant I still take metformin and my RE say that I may stay on it...for a while. Well ladies tomorrow is my 1st u/s and we will find out if we have a singleton or multiples. Look out for my signature to change. Lol GN

Welcome MissPeachyP. And Goodluck TTC. Glad to hear u with such a positive attitude coming in. I did a lot research on it when I first found out, and I researched every drug and etc. It eased my mind a lot. Now that I am pregnant I still take metformin and my RE say that I may stay on it...for a while. Well ladies tomorrow is my 1st u/s and we will find out if we have a singleton or multiples. Look out for my signature to change. Lol GN

Ooo, exciting Chile! Looking fwd to seeing what your new signature is :)

Chiles that is so exciting! GL for the US, I bet you must be so excited. Can't wait to find out if a single or twins :)

Welcome to the new PCOSers :)

AFM I'm (impatiently) in the TWW - 8dpo today. 7dpo bloods confirmed I def ovulated (my number was 59.7) so just playing the waiting game. Tested and Ovidrel has left my system now, so am crossing my fingers so hard that when I test next week it is a BFP! I am due for :witch: around my birthday so really hope she stays away!

I definitely had crampy feelings on my left side yesterday so hoping that it was ov pains... We BDed just in case. :)

Will see what today's ov test shows.

I definitely had crampy feelings on my left side yesterday so hoping that it was ov pains... We BDed just in case. :)

Will see what today's ov test shows.

I had crampy feelings too, also my nipples felt bruised. I thought i was on my way to a :bfp: but af came not long after so i reckon it was ovulation pain.
Good luck!!
Xxx

Hi Ladies. Just wanted to hop over here and give you some positive news. I was also diagnosed with PCOS and on top of that, just went through 9 rounds of terrible chemotherapy so my odds of conceiving were pretty low. My cycles were kind of regular, but pretty long and I was told that my ovulation isn't strong at all. We tried for 8 months (trying as in tried everything from preseed, Agnus cactus, soy etc). In December 2011 I was told that I didn't ovulate and I would start with Femara in January 2012. I got my BFP naturally the day after Christmas.

So never loose faith and hope. I believe there is a BFP lined up for each of you. Contrary to everything that the doctors said, I still got pregnant naturally and I am praying the same happens for each of you!!

Hang in there, I know it's tough but it is so worth it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->