Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

I have just started reading a book on my kindle called the baby trap it's quite funny and is a story about a woman TTC and going crazy over it. I'm not that far into it but so far so good! Check it out! Xx

One of my friends announced they were pregnant.

*deep breath*

Trying to stay positive.

It's getting harder and harder this cycle to stay positive.

AF arrived this morning. Actually quite relieved. It's been 8 weeks. Started fertilaid a few days ago which helped me a few months back so really happy to be starting a new cycle. Back to CD1 we go xx

Cd28 still no af. Im having cramps on and off and my boobs feel a bit sore if they bounce like when i run up and down the stairs. I feel bloated and.constipated too. I actually want af to come so i can start my next cycle.
I think af is coming as i just bit dp head off over a very trivial and minor misunderstandng lol!

Ghinspire your bfp will come we need to stay possitive and on top! :flower:

MrsC10 if my af came later today we could be cycle buddies! :flower:

Its my pelvic scan tomorrow ........ :nope:

:dust:

Good luck with your scan tomorrow mumface, hope you get some answers!

Me and hubs are off to have a meal and spend some quality non baby stressing time :)

Cd28 still no af. Im having cramps on and off and my boobs feel a bit sore if they bounce like when i run up and down the stairs. I feel bloated and.constipated too. I actually want af to come so i can start my next cycle.
I think af is coming as i just bit dp head off over a very trivial and minor misunderstandng lol!

Ghinspire your bfp will come we need to stay possitive and on top! :flower:

MrsC10 if my af came later today we could be cycle buddies! :flower:

Its my pelvic scan tomorrow ........ :nope:

I'd love to be cycle buddies!

I need a bit of help from you girls. Beware...TMI alert.

I've always had pretty heavy periods when they have actually decided to show up and so this morning was no surprise when AF showed and was as heavy as it was. Although, it was VERY painful. I normally handle the pain after taking some painkillers, but this was mega sore.

I've just been to the loo. (TMI alert). There was a massive clot of about 3 inches in length. I often get small clots during my period, but this was huge. it wasn't the usual red colour either. Parts of it had a grey/white colour to it and was quite 'spongy'. Has anyone else had this before or have a clue to what it could be? It just seemed very unusual...:shrug:

hi only just seen this thread. im jennah im 20 years old and have been trying for 3 and a half years, only recently been diagnosed with pcos, think it was january 2012.
I had my first FS appointment last week, qite a positive result but no meds just yet.

currently on cd71 and desperatley begging for AF to arrive.

hope no one minds me butting in

much love xx

Hi jennah. Welcome!

Have you tried any natural remedies in the time you've been TTC to help with you irregular cycles?

no because my cycles have never been irregular, just this one cycle really. i did try soy a while back but that made me miss my period alltogether aswell xx

Happy Sunday everyone!

It's Father's Day. I feel like maybe there is a baby in there somewhere. I have been having a tender abdomen and twinges like crazy. I slept in even though I shouldn't because of the things I have to do today for the Father's Day BBQ we are hosting for hubby's father. It did feel wonderful though and I have found that I have been more tired than ever this last week. That has to be a good sign right?

I have 9 days until I can take a hpt. So I just have to keep myself busy. This party will be one way to do that but another is finishing these books I've been reading. I'm reading three at once and I better get on it! Another way is perhaps going to the pool with my best friend and tomorrow my friend is hosting a jewelry party. She's one of the few pregnant friends I have that I actually LOVE to death and I can't wait until she has her baby, which she found out is a little girl. :) She lost her first baby to SIDS which was probably one of the most heart wrenching things I have ever been through with my friend. I never wish that on ANYONE.

So I am trying to keep positive, enjoy a glass of iced tea lemonade, and do things that will keep my mind off of obsessing because that's no good either, even if they are good thoughts.

Hope everyone is seriously having a good day.

Sending good vibes to everyone.

When i was diagnosed with pcos my doctors told me there was a high chance that i was also Insulin Resistant, seeing as most women with pcos are. When i had my blood drawn to check my hormone levels they also checked my glucose, but never got back to me with the results. For years, even before my diagnoses (with pcos) i have had weird symptoms for no apparent reason: constant nausea, headaches, feeling extremely ill if i dont eat, but then still feeling sick after i do eat, always tired, ALWAYS thirsty and the wierdest one is that i have NEVER been able to eat breakfast without feeling sick. Yesterday i had a really bad day, i felt nauseous all day, had the worst headache, and i had these extreme hot flashes even though i usually feel cold all the time. My mother in law kept asking me if i thought i could be pregnant but i've been dealing with this long enough to know i was just having a bad day. So last night i was looking up symptoms and side effects of pcos and insulin resistance when i came upon this list of symptoms for IR. I'm going to put a "*" next to the ones i've been experiencing for a long time.

Possible symptoms of insulin resistance...

abdominal bloating*
acne*
addictions, alcohol abuse or craving
alopecia
anger, mood swings, irrational behaviour, aggression*
anxiety, agitation, nervousness, constant worry, tension, panic attacks**
caffeine needed to get going in the morning
clumsiness
constant hunger, appetite high, inability to tolerate long intervals without food***
cramping in legs
cravings/binges for sweet things; sugar, breads, cakes etc*
depression*
dizziness*
dry and itching skin*
easily upset, quick to cry
excessive facial and body hair on women*
excessive yawning*
exhaustion, chronic fatigue, tired all the time, stamina decreased*
frequent infections, poor skin healing*
fuzzy brain, mental confusion, inability to concentrate*
headaches*
high blood pressure*
high cholesterol, non-alcoholic fatty liver
hot flushes, night sweats***
hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)- not sure if i have that, havent been tested
inability to eat breakfast****
increased abdominal fat*
infertility, difficulty in falling pregnant***
TEinsomniaXT
irritable, jittery, weak, tired or depressed if meals are skipped**
muscle weakness**
nausea, particularly in the morning***
palpitations, shaking, trembling
PCO (poly cystic ovarian disease)*****
swollen feet and/or ankles
tendency to feel cold*
tight chest*
water retention
weight gain, inability to loose weight

Any body else have Insulin Resistance? and do you suffer from any of these symptoms regularly? I swear they're making me absolutely miserable :(
I'm starting ttc in september, and i know metformin can help but i'd rather try something more natural with less side effects (been thinking about FertilAid). What did you do to help yourself with this?

Mrsc10,
That sounds awful!
Had u taken a hpt?
That sounds alot like a chemical pregnancy (where the egg is fertilized and doesn't attach properly and leads is very early m.c. Often b4 you know your pregnant)
I was told if I was to mc the things to look out for would be
Extremely heavy period
Lots of cramping
Lots of clots(thickened lining)
Grey tissue like matter(embryo)

I hope it sorts itself out soon- if it was a c.p your generally extra fertile the next month though

Mrsc10,
That sounds awful!
Had u taken a hpt?
That sounds alot like a chemical pregnancy (where the egg is fertilized and doesn't attach properly and leads is very early m.c. Often b4 you know your pregnant)
I was told if I was to mc the things to look out for would be
Extremely heavy period
Lots of cramping
Lots of clots(thickened lining)
Grey tissue like matter(embryo)

I hope it sorts itself out soon- if it was a c.p your generally extra fertile the next month though

I was starting to think it was a chemical too. The pain this morning was excruciating. It's down to my usual AF dull ache now. Had some small clots since the big one earlier on but nothing too out the ordinary.
All tests I took came back bfn. There was one where I was certain I saw a 2nd line but it was very light. All rest were definite negatives. I hope it sorts itself out and that I'm back on track next cycle.

Congrats Samantha!
Group bfp numbers are definitely on the rise last few weeks!

When i was diagnosed with pcos my doctors told me there was a high chance that i was also Insulin Resistant, seeing as most women with pcos are. When i had my blood drawn to check my hormone levels they also checked my glucose, but never got back to me with the results. For years, even before my diagnoses (with pcos) i have had weird symptoms for no apparent reason: constant nausea, headaches, feeling extremely ill if i dont eat, but then still feeling sick after i do eat, always tired, ALWAYS thirsty and the wierdest one is that i have NEVER been able to eat breakfast without feeling sick. Yesterday i had a really bad day, i felt nauseous all day, had the worst headache, and i had these extreme hot flashes even though i usually feel cold all the time. My mother in law kept asking me if i thought i could be pregnant but i've been dealing with this long enough to know i was just having a bad day. So last night i was looking up symptoms and side effects of pcos and insulin resistance when i came upon this list of symptoms for IR. I'm going to put a "*" next to the ones i've been experiencing for a long time.

Possible symptoms of insulin resistance...

abdominal bloating*
acne*
addictions, alcohol abuse or craving
alopecia
anger, mood swings, irrational behaviour, aggression*
anxiety, agitation, nervousness, constant worry, tension, panic attacks**
caffeine needed to get going in the morning
clumsiness
constant hunger, appetite high, inability to tolerate long intervals without food***
cramping in legs
cravings/binges for sweet things; sugar, breads, cakes etc*
depression*
dizziness*
dry and itching skin*
easily upset, quick to cry
excessive facial and body hair on women*
excessive yawning*
exhaustion, chronic fatigue, tired all the time, stamina decreased*
frequent infections, poor skin healing*
fuzzy brain, mental confusion, inability to concentrate*
headaches*
high blood pressure*
high cholesterol, non-alcoholic fatty liver
hot flushes, night sweats***
hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)- not sure if i have that, havent been tested
inability to eat breakfast****
increased abdominal fat*
infertility, difficulty in falling pregnant***
TEinsomniaXT
irritable, jittery, weak, tired or depressed if meals are skipped**
muscle weakness**
nausea, particularly in the morning***
palpitations, shaking, trembling
PCO (poly cystic ovarian disease)*****
swollen feet and/or ankles
tendency to feel cold*
tight chest*
water retention
weight gain, inability to loose weight

Any body else have Insulin Resistance? and do you suffer from any of these symptoms regularly? I swear they're making me absolutely miserable :(
I'm starting ttc in september, and i know metformin can help but i'd rather try something more natural with less side effects (been thinking about FertilAid). What did you do to help yourself with this?

Hey I am insulin resistance, but I'm not a big symptom spotter, but Going down the list I can relate to like 4 or 5 things. I was put on metformin and still on it... probably for my whole pregnancy.

Got my bfp!:d

Congrats!!!!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back