Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Nlk thats rough. Im sure you will respond to whatever treatment they give you next. It really sucks knowing there is something not right.

Dp has been great, he thinks we wont need meds, he has a feeling af will come any day now.....? Hes so optomistic i wish i could be.

Welcome back misskaileigh! I bet it took you ages to catch up on the posts.

:dust:

Nlk I'm sorry to hear you're not yet having any luck with your meds. I hope that they find something suitable as I was told at my last appointment that there is more of a risk if you are very slim and diagnosed that you may not respond as well?

I thought that was an assumption or a wild guess from them as I'm always dubious how the consultants always have conflicting info! Still no sure. Very very frustrating.

I've not had any luck getting them to prescribe anything yet and they want to check over my BF before they try to help me :dohh: I think he is feeling more pressure each time we go like he's adding to my problem. It seems to affect every element of your relationship and how you feel about yourself which others that don't have a fertility problem don't seem to understand :nope:

Hope everyone else is Ok and apologies for the miserable post after so long...
I'm slightly blaming the rubbish weather!! :winkwink:

x

MumFace, My BF was absolutely sure that he had the super swimmers too!

He swings between thinking that thinking they'll check him over and find out somethime awful.

Not sure which I preferred, me worrying and him supporting or both having a meltdown after every appointment?!

:wacko:

x

:wave: welcome back misskayleigh!

I just got back from my tracking scan....completely didn't respond :nope: I'm so completely crushed. My follow up appointment is August 3rd, which means I can't do another cycle before then. And because I didn't respond to this cycle, I will need provera to kickstart me. I knew it would happen. It's exactly the same as with clomid. I respond the first cycle, and then nothing. There's nothing consistent about my response.

So now, either I'm going to go back up to the higher dose, where I overstimulated the first time, or going to try something else. I don't know what I'd prefer tbh. I'm scared that if they put the dose back up, it's too late, and I just won't respond again. But what else can they do? I can't have an IUI if I don't respond to the drug. Ovarian drilling maybe? Or start the investigations for endo? I'm so upset right now. Sorry for the depressing post.

*hugs*

I know it can be hard but you'll find the answer you are looking for and I will pray that the medicine will work. I think it's all a matter of finding the right dose.

I feel hopeless too sometimes especially because the Metformin isn't working for me and I have to wait until September to go see an OBGYN for the first time.

I know it can be a hard journey but I know that you'll have your baby. I know it!

How do we all deal with oily skin if your pcos gives you that.
i showered this morning and at lunch time my forehead was greasy. Luckily my fringe hides it. But also my hair will be oily again tomorrow.
I have spent loads on skincare products but nothing works.
Right now i use clearasil deep pore action wash, i feel very clean but oily again within 4 hours.
Any advice or does anyone get this with pcos?

Xxxxxx

MumFace, My BF was absolutely sure that he had the super swimmers too!

He swings between thinking that thinking they'll check him over and find out somethime awful.

Not sure which I preferred, me worrying and him supporting or both having a meltdown after every appointment?!

:wacko:

x

Dp will need to give a sample when i am referred. My gp said they will check his swimmers as a precaution. I hope its not both of us. I doubt it......
Just when dp and i decide to do something we always hit a hurdle somewhere down the line. Its so unfair.

Thanks guys :) It's so nice to have people who understand where you're coming from...OH doesn't quite get it when I get really upset after my appointments. He's like "what's the big deal? We can just try again next month". But I don't want to always be moving onto the next month :growlmad:

mumface, I use clean&clear blackhead clearing cleanser, because it's oil free. It's in a purple-ish bottle, and you just wipe it straight onto your skin, don't wash it off or anything. I also found that switching my make up to a powder has done wonders, because its not liquid so tends to not sit in my skin as much. I've also noticed that I have les breakouts since using it. Just a warning on the cleanser front though - it's disgusting how much crap it gets out of your skin!! I usually use makeup remover wipes before I go to bed, and I recently started using this cleanser AFTER doing that, and the cotton wool was FILTHY. I was actually a bit disgusted with myself, but I never realised how much dirt was still in my skin even after cleansing. It's quite interesting though!!

Thanks guys :) It's so nice to have people who understand where you're coming from...OH doesn't quite get it when I get really upset after my appointments. He's like "what's the big deal? We can just try again next month". But I don't want to always be moving onto the next month :growlmad:

mumface, I use clean&clear blackhead clearing cleanser, because it's oil free. It's in a purple-ish bottle, and you just wipe it straight onto your skin, don't wash it off or anything. I also found that switching my make up to a powder has done wonders, because its not liquid so tends to not sit in my skin as much. I've also noticed that I have les breakouts since using it. Just a warning on the cleanser front though - it's disgusting how much crap it gets out of your skin!! I usually use makeup remover wipes before I go to bed, and I recently started using this cleanser AFTER doing that, and the cotton wool was FILTHY. I was actually a bit disgusted with myself, but I never realised how much dirt was still in my skin even after cleansing. It's quite interesting though!!

I completely understand. My husband is so positive and he's always like, "Next time we'll get it" or "We just have to wait until September and the obgyn will help us get back on track."

The thing is that I don't want to wait all that time. The more I keep waiting the more I think: What if there is something seriously wrong with me? What if I can't get pregnant? What if there is something wrong with him? What if I'm trying for no reason?

It's hard for men to see the toll it can take on us women. It's something so natural and yet when you have issues it's so hard to focus on the bright side of things and not feel frustrated.

i showered this morning and at lunch time my forehead was greasy. Luckily my fringe hides it. But also my hair will be oily again tomorrow.
Right now i use clearasil deep pore action wash, i feel very clean but oily again within 4 hours.

Xxxxxx

I get this really bad! Had no idea it was from the PCOS though. My skin is really bad for getting oily on my forehead and my cheeks right by my nose. My hair is gross if I don't wash it every day. I wear a lot of makeup (I have anxiety problems, can't physically even answer the door without it on) and I always thought it was because of that that my skin was so oily. Think I'll have to try a cleanser after my makeup wipes :)

Xxxxxx

I get this really bad! Had no idea it was from the PCOS though. My skin is really bad for getting oily on my forehead and my cheeks right by my nose. My hair is gross if I don't wash it every day. I wear a lot of makeup (I have anxiety problems, can't physically even answer the door without it on) and I always thought it was because of that that my skin was so oily. Think I'll have to try a cleanser after my makeup wipes :)

I never wear makeup as it makes my skin a heck of a lot oily. Its a shame as i like it but it doesnt like me!
I have started using face wipes mid afternoon in work and that seems to help but my hair will never be ok. I once didnt wash it for a whole week thinking i could reset the oil production. I wasnt in work and i hid under hats if i went out but it did no good at all.

Its official, non pcosers do not understand how it can affect you mentally.
Just got back from my friends, i needed a shoulder, she was great but said the same as everyonw else, get meds to bring on ovulation etc but its not that easy is it?
Then her dp chimed in saying to chill out (in a nice way) i will be fixed. So i said right if a gp told you you had low sperm count you wouldnt be impressed would you? You would want to do all you can to fix it wouldnt you? Gradually they understood why its upsetting.

Mumface, maybe do away with the fringe? Having hair on your face definitely adds to the oiliness. My skin is pretty good, but I only wear foundation when I go out to tea or something (and not always) maybe once a fortnight, if that.
During the day I just wear eyeshadow and mascara, I think it really helps!

Mumface I know exactly what you mean with people trying to be encouraging! The next person who tells me to
relax will be gettin their head ripped off! clearly relaxing hasn't helped the past 4 years!!

DH has a friend who keeps giving him tips on the best ways to concieve...as if we haven't tried it all already!!

Mumface, maybe do away with the fringe? Having hair on your face definitely adds to the oiliness. My skin is pretty good, but I only wear foundation when I go out to tea or something (and not always) maybe once a fortnight, if that.
During the day I just wear eyeshadow and mascara, I think it really helps!

My fringe is badly needed as my forehead goes back pretty far. I look kinda wierd qithout it lol!
I used to really cake it on when i was in college i dont think my skin has ever forgiven me since.

Mumface I know exactly what you mean with people trying to be encouraging! The next person who tells me to
relax will be gettin their head ripped off! clearly relaxing hasn't helped the past 4 years!!

DH has a friend who keeps giving him tips on the best ways to concieve...as if we haven't tried it all already!!

We have been trying almost 3 months and im worried it may turn into years.
We are.not even going to think about it anymore, get on with it (literally) and hope tor a miracal!

Morning everyone.

I woke up feeling so restless and blah this morning. Hubby is still on his business trip in Toronto. I feel like this whole cycle has been a wash. There is no chance that I am pregnant because hubby hasn't been here to try.

I am thinking that it is perhaps a journal day. I am going to find my pen and sit down for a little while with one of my freshly baked chocolate chip muffins and some seat to write. There is just so much hopelessness going on that I need to get it out in hopes that I'll get better.

Hopefully everything is going well with you girls. I know that I've been thinking of all of you and praying. I'm sending good vibes your way.

I think AF is on its way I'm wellll grumpy! Looks as though it will be 3rd time lucky with clomid :(

I think I shall bake lots of cupcakes this weekend!

Someone say cupcakes?? Chocolate chip.....??? Ooohhh yum count me in im overdue a baking session!! Make mine chocolate batter, chocolate chips topped with white chocolate frosting omg comfort on a plate yum!

Dunno where af is. Cd54. Kind of care as i want to move on to next cycle........hhhmmffff!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->