Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Random question, how is my avatar displaying for everyone? I changed it the other day and it's been fine but just noticed now that it's showing up for me as the hugging smilies....it was fine earlier...

Mumface, not all Pcosers require metformin, I asked my fs for it and he said only if I'm insulin resistant and we had to do a fasting glucose test to check my blood first, I said, "I want it, I hear it makes the weight fall off you" and he said "no, u do not want it, it has horrible side effects on the stomach, and would mean your borderline diabetic". My blood test showed my insulin wasn't too off the chart so I didn't get it!

Mumface, not all Pcosers require metformin, I asked my fs for it and he said only if I'm insulin resistant and we had to do a fasting glucose test to check my blood first, I said, "I want it, I hear it makes the weight fall off you" and he said "no, u do not want it, it has horrible side effects on the stomach, and would mean your borderline diabetic". My blood test showed my insulin wasn't too off the chart so I didn't get it!

I havent had an insulin test but then again when my doctor weighed me i was onky about 8lbs over weight for my height and she didnt seem concerned about it.
remembering back to my appointment she said i have polycystic ovaries but nothing about the syndrome. Maybe i just have the cysts?

Im super confident i have ovulated! Monday-tuesday and a bit of wednesday i had mild cramps on and off. I didnt have ewcm but i was well lubricated (tmi sorry) and i had one or two ewcm blobs.i.saw another forum on here and a few women have said they have had bfps without ewcm.
My nipples feel a bit different today, kind of sensitive and my boobs dont feel as firm as they did a few days ago.
Ive got a wicked sore throat! I hope it goes or doesnt turn into a cold as i want to.see my new.noece on saturday and cant be all sick around her.
Im not a religeous person but im praying i ov'd and also that we all get a bfp soon!
Xxxxx
Ps dare i post a pic on my avatar of my erm......stretchy cm i found.....? Tmi....?

Random question, how is my avatar displaying for everyone? I changed it the other day and it's been fine but just noticed now that it's showing up for me as the hugging smilies....it was fine earlier...

I see your avatar of you with glasses on wearing a black top.
Xxx

Mumface, in regards to your avatar...I'd say - please don't. Lol

And my bmi is 32 so I'm technically obese! So if your not too bad you prob don't have insulin resistance

Mumface, in regards to your avatar...I'd say - please don't. Lol

And my bmi is 32 so I'm technically obese! So if your not too bad you prob don't have insulin resistance

She gave me a bmi of 26.5 slightly over as i should be 25. I was suprised as i think im big, i weigh 151lb and 5ft3in so i dont think she was worried. Fine with me.
i will get my bmi down as i have a feeling an fs will moan otherwise lol!

Can I join? My name is Kate, im in the UK and I've been ttc #2 for over 2 years. I was diagnosed with pcos a year ago but known ive had it much longer. Im taking metformin 2gs a day and had my 1st af in 6 months so im now cd18 :) hoping the met will be enough to help me O on my own x

welcome :)

That's so fantastic that the metformin seems to be working! You should be so proud....It's so good that Af has returned for you! Hope she starts to make a regular appearance for you :thumbup:

Hello wanna_bump i hope you get your bfp soon!
Meanwhile join in our discussions. We help each other and give advice an .stuff its good.
Xxx

mumface, just wanted to say how absultely ADORABLE she is! Am I right in thinking that she is your great niece? I remember you telling us, but I don't quite remember, and don't want to scroll back through all these pages :haha:

mumface, just wanted to say how absultely ADORABLE she is! Am I right in thinking that she is your great niece? I remember you telling us, but I don't quite remember, and don't want to scroll back through all these pages :haha:

Thankyou! Yes my great niece. Im seeing her on sat so major cuddles and kisses from great aunty jojo!!!!
Xxx

ahhhh I'd just want to sit and cuddle her alllllllll day!!! So so scrummy!

Hope to be posting my own baby pics within 12 months. So precious!
Xxx

Welcome to all the new ladies. It's so nice that you all have joined us.

Today I'm finishing up my laundry and gathering things so I can start packing for my beach holiday. I am so ready to have some beachy drinks and some wine as I lounge with a good book on the sand.

Frustration about this whole ttc thing has me down and I just want to forget about it for a week. I just want to have my drinks, read my books, and enjoy time with my husband and our friends. Yes, my best friend and her husband are pregnant but I'm happy for them. I just need to get out of my own head for awhile.

We leave Saturday and I keep telling myself it will get better.

Hi all,
Looking for advice from experienced clomid ladies.
I am on second clomid round, 50 mg. As you can see from my signature, I ovulated on cd 30 first round. Today is cd 23 and no real signs of ovulation!
Doc isnt monitoring me at all, just gave me a batch of clomid pills and said do 3 50mg rounds and then we'll move you onto 3 100mg rounds.
I phoned him after 1st round to say I still had a 6wk cycle and should i up the dose but he said no and repeated the intitial instructions.

Well, now it looks like i am heading for another long cycle I really dont want to do a 3rd 50mg. I want to up myself to 100mg next cycle.

What do you think? Should i go ahead and up it withouth telling the doctor? He is just my GP, not a FS or anything.

I understand there are issues with overstimulation etc, which makes me nervous about upping it with no monitoring but I really dont want ANOTHER long cycle!!!!
Help???

As long as you ovulate and have a decent luteal phase I probably wouldn't interfere! Especially if you aren't being scanned... I wouldn't risk damaging an ovary by overstimulation to save 2 weeks.
If you are concerned maybe get a 2nd opinion? maybe an fs?

I ov'ed on day 20-21 of my first 50mg cycle and got my bfp 10 days later. I was concerned about late ov (we gave up on constant bding cd17 and luckily slipped one in cd 21.)

Good luck!!

Also stellabella- opks etc never picked up ovulation for me (common for pcos) yet it obviously happened! So don't pin all your hopes on them

Thanks hopeful.
I also temp as i know opks can be dodgy for pcos'ers.
Thinking i may make an apt with doc to discuss face to face again and ask why i am not being monitored and if he is happy to up my dose in 2 cycles time, why wait?

Thanks for your advice, its hard to know what to do for the best. I want to trust docs opinion but also know how very frustrating it is only being able to try once every 6-7wks. (And that's if i do ovulate at a similar time this cycle)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->