Your next birth plan

I know, and it feels better to sit up and move around and stand and stuff, and everytime I would get up a nurse would come check on me because the monitors would move, it drove me crazy. And the only thing I could do was lay there. I'm glad my labor was only 8 hours, if I had had a 12+ hour labor that would have been unbearable

The one thing I DO hope for next time is to be able to hold my baby after the birth... I was so disapointed when they had to take her :( That isnt really an issue with the birth plan though.

Exactly the same except maybe at home. Dont think my hubby would agree to a home birth though.

I would still like to spend time in the birthing pool and hopefully would like to do it without an epidural. I have a feeling that when I asked for an epidural, I was actually in the transition phase and may have been able to cope if I had known I was going to fully dilate in under an hour after getting one. At the time, after about 25 hours of active labour and only dilating up to 7cm, I was not sure how long it was going to take me to fully dilate with that level of pain - so I asked for an epidural.

However, the hospital may recommend me having an epidural anyway. This is because I had a retained placenta the first time round and had to have it manually removed in theatre afterwards, they may recommend that I have an epidural in case it happens again (apparantely there is an increased risk of it happening again if you have had this once before). An epidural means that they just would top it up for theatre rather than putting you under general anaesthetic or something. However, if possible, I would like to avoid an epidural for as long as possible.

If my labour looks like it was going to slow down like it did with Tristan, I would like them to break my waters earlier, as this sped things up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->