Your next birth plan

have the fifth revision going... so... let me see, just more of what I like with each and mixing them..

- Wear oxygen by request (was a good thing I always do this)

- Hold baby before it is cleaned and moved to warm bed (unless critical)

- OH cut cord again (last time Doctor said No)

I had planned a home birth, but ended up with a c-section. I was in my home birth pool and everything before having to go to hospital.

The next time, (if there is one) I will just plan to have baby in hospital. That way if baby is too big again and gets stuck, I'll already be there. I won't plan to have a c-section though, I had an infected hematoma under my incision, and I'm still having a home nurse come to pack it everyday. I'd be scared to have another one.

Id probably have most of it the same, but I will definitely be going for another water birth.. don't think I could give birth on dry land now, id be scared.
Id have gas and air again (unless completely necessary to have more than that) it was painful with no other pain relief, but I got there in the end and felt so proud of myself.
I requested Bethanie to be taken/checked/cleaned before being given to me, just to make sure she was ok etc.. but they put her on me. I wouldn't have it any different next time as I felt the instant bond that way!
Id want to go home asap!

I'd do it all the same, cept next time not even bother with the G&A as it almost made me pass out. No pain relief and a 6hr active labour again. :)

I'd like to try having a natural birth the next time around.

With the first, I didn't know what to expect at all, and so I wasn't prepared for the pain by any means!! I elected to get an epi, and my labour & birth lasted about 15 hours.

Seeing as the next is supposed to be faster, and because I know how painful things get, I'd like to see how long I can last without the epidural, and hopefully do it all on my own. I'm not going to beat myself up if I opt for it anyways, but I'd just like to challenge myself the next time around.

I wouldn't really change anything, although i would prefer a home birth next time round but I'm not allowed one :hissy:

I made a birth plan this time but didnt use it and because my labour was so quick I did it completely differently to how I wanted to beforehand but it was better. I wanted an epidural and gas and air but didnt have time for the epi and gas and air made me fall asleep. I also said that under no circumstances would I have pethedine, which was the only thing I used in the end. But Im pleased it worked that way.

So (long story short) I wont bother with a birth plan next time and just go with the flow :)

xxx

I'll be having a planned c-section as well. I don't care how much it hurts, it won't be as bad as waiting around in limbo for days, being thrown into a c-section without much warning (okay you're being admitted, we're giving you a section), having to wonder when the hell something was going to happen.

my feelings to i dont want the trauma if it all x

yeah i'm the same

Don't think i'll bother with a birth plan next time.The labour and birth were the complete opposite anyway. Probably best to go with the flow.

next time it will be planned c-section for me too! after 40hours of labour and still only 3cm, i had an emergency section, she was 9lb 3 half oz, so don't think i could ever get a baby through there! i too have suffered from the truma of emergency section, and have pnd as a result, so c-section seems my only option x

Maybe be a lot more organised cos i didnt have anything ready, i had a water birth and no drugs and i'm not so sure i want to do it again :lol: I'm going for 'too posh to push' :rofl: hmmm... i want to have drugs.... or maybe i'll do the exact same and then reaslise when its too late that i wish i'd taken the drugs :)

I'm very sure that there won't be anymore births for me but if there were I'd be having a planned c-section.
I gave birth to Lola vaginally and I'm not really keen on doing it again. :lol:

i want a water birth next time and oh really wanted to cut the cord this time but couldnt as it was around his neck so nect time would like him to cut the cord

Well I wanted to do a natural water birth this time, but didn't get to, and in the hospital i had an epidural the pain was too much on top of the back labor. So I don't know if I'd be able to do a water birth for the next time, even though I really want to, I couldn't handle the pain this time :(

The only way I managed it was not being allowed to have an epidural, that's why I'm going for a homebirth next time. No chance of having one!

Yeah, my thing was i was induced due to preclampsia and so the jelly they put on my cervix made me contract. And the contractions were awful. I had a couple contractions that last over 3 minutes. It was terrible so as soon as I was deemed in labor I wanted the epidural. Though if I had gone into labor naturally things might have been different

I was induced, but I told the midwife not to let me have an epidural unless everyone in the room was agreed that I couldn't cope without it. I could. I hated them all at the time :blush: but I am so thankful now!

Yeah originally when I got to the hospital I told them I wanted an all natural birth no epidural, I didn't want any meds for pain, but things were so much better after i got it. And to make it worse, before i got it I was bedbound because of my blood pressure, I couldn't stand up and had to stay laying down. Because every time I sat up the monitors moved.

Yeah I hated them for not letting me move around. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and she wouldn't let me! Cow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->