Your next birth plan

I plan to pack my hospital bag well before due date.
I plan to know when it's starting and get to hospital in good time!

Seriously though I would like a hospital birth again in case I have chest problems again and seeing as my first went well apart from that I hope the next is as good.

I will be going to the hospital again.. and playing it by ear again... that worked best, I dont know how the next birth will be so im not making any plans or promises... I really dont want a c-section but we'll see next time, I had bad BP issues and a long labour.

Although it might be cool to do a birthing pool, I dont know if my hospital has it.

No different I don't think

I hate bright rooms so the OH was told to make sure they didn't blind me I don't do pain well in a spotlight!! & don't take my socks off :rofl:

Only thing diff for me is after 23 hours I didn't get a shower/abth nobody offered or thought I'd need one?? dunno if I could have had one but a wash would have been nice I felt awful after a nap so told OH he must see I'm ok.

I always wanted a home birth but next time I will be having a hospital birth again by choice because I could not bare having an ill baby at home and the blue light journey to get them to the NICU. So I would have a hospital birth, but I would do a hympnobirthing course and would tell all the doctors and midwives to leave me well alone until pushing time! :rofl:

No different I don't think

I hate bright rooms so the OH was told to make sure they didn't blind me I don't do pain well in a spotlight!! & don't take my socks off :rofl:

Only thing diff for me is after 23 hours I didn't get a shower/abth nobody offered or thought I'd need one?? dunno if I could have had one but a wash would have been nice I felt awful after a nap so told OH he must see I'm ok.

:rofl:@ giving birth in your socks

I wore my socks... it was cold in there!!!

Wobbles, I just TOLD the nurses that I wanted a shower, I told them to get the iv out cause I was up walking already and they did it :)

Be more assertive ;)

I'd be having an elective section.

No way on earth could i put a baby and us through hell again!

(Thats if we ever dtd again!!)

I wouldn't change alot to be honest, i didn't write birth plans with my 2 and i wouldn't again, i just went with the flow, the only thing i would say is that iwon't to go home asap, it was nice to stay in with Kieran as he was the first, but with paige i just wanted to be home. I had her at 00.28 and didn't get home til 4ish because the docs saw me last and i was in the last room to be checked out, it wouldn't have been as bad if i hadn't had a hour and halfs sleep in 2day and hadn't been sat up waiting to go since 9am. I know this isn't always possible but it would be nice!! lol x

I'd love a water birth! I think i'd opt for hosital, the idea of a home birth is really great. But its just the thought of anything possibly being wrong. I was in the birthing pool during some of my labour and it was amazing! Gutted I couldnt go ahead with the birth tho :(

c-section , my birth canal is much to narrow apparently i cant give birth naturally? :shrug:

Haha, birth plan! What a laugh! I'd like to try for my birth to resemble any part of my birth plan next time instead of being the exact opposite.

i will do everything the same except i want some pictures of me in labour!!

id like to stay the hell away from anything to do with the nhs

Exactly what I was going to say!! I'd pay anything to go private and not have to go through that again.

well.. my first labour was 1hr 20min of active labour, my second labour was 25min of active labour...

so my plan with my 3rd is call the ambulance as quick as f'ing possible!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: My first was 4 hours, I am hoping the second will be about 2!

*touch wood*

well.. my first labour was 1hr 20min of active labour, my second labour was 25min of active labour...

Is that because everything happens without you knowing about it? i.e. the dilating? Forgotten what thats called something beginning with p......

Did you make it to the hospital both times?

Is that because everything happens without you knowing about it? i.e. the dilating? Forgotten what thats called something beginning with p......

Did you make it to the hospital both times?

no, its because i dilate really quickly!

i got to the hospital with my son, not even dilating but my waters had gone so they kept me in, luckily, my husband went home and only just made it back in time.

with my daughter i was checked over at 2am and i wasnt dilating, she was born at 2.25am, my husband walked in 2mins before she was born!

personally i wouldn't want a home birth. so nhs all the way. regardless of the staff shortage i'm so glad they were around for me when things got hairy. water birth at the hosp i think! x

To be quite honest, my friend who's training to be a midwife was more help than the cow in the corner doing paper work :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->