your xmas traditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kimber89

first of All just want to say how much I love Santas grotto its getting me All excited I love it.
so anyway back to the thread do any of you have something special that you do the same every year any little traditions you have done over the years and still do? just interested to know what everyone does.
every year me and my dad do the Christmas tree its our little tradition and although ill be 22 and have a baby I will be doing the same thing this year. I may be a mother now but I Can still bat like an excited kid at Christmas Haha!
on Christmas eve All of us open a small present! on Christmas morning I always wake mad early and wake the hole house my dad goes down to light the fire and get the Christmas songs going makes everyone a cup of tea and then the fun starts, the presents. my sister is like Santa in my family she gets so much Hehe. this year is going to be extra special because I have my lovely daughter to share it with and she is the first grandchild in the house ill have to start my own little traditions with her now Hehe.
so what do All you ladies do the same every year that makes your Christmas extra special x

We didn't have very many traditions as such but we would all get up and we weren't allowed downstairs until everyone was awake.

Our stockings would not be presents, they would be full of sweets, chocolates, an orange and a banana.

The youngest would always pass out the presents (i am the youngest and actually hated doing it...i felt embarrassed for some reason haha)

You're traditions are cute. I love how your dad starts the fire and makes the tea ;).

I miss the traditional things I use to do at parents house. Me and OH moved into our house together a year ago and I was gutted last year when I missed the things at my parents which are:

- Me and dad alwaysssss did the Christmas Tree. It's a huge 12foot one and has all different sections. I'd sort all the colours out whilst he was on the ladder and I'd pass the branches one by one. Whilst mum would do the Garland over the Living Room Fire and then place my moose stocking on the edge which I got for my First Christmas. :)

- When I was about 3 and at the back of the CocoPops box there was a santa decoration. Mum cut it out and it's always at the top of the decoration pile and I've got to put it on the tree first before the rest of the decorations.
Christmas morning I always go downstairs first and get whatever out of my stocking then back upstairs into my parents room and sit on the bed to open it.

- We'd then go downstairs together and I'd sit on the floor all excited having to wait for dad to take the dogs out for a quick 10 minutes. Once he was back we'd put MTV and listen to the Christmas Songs whilst I'd always open the largest present first. Then go down in size; it was always the presents my parents got me first before open family and friends gifts.

- After the presents were opened mum would make a full English Breakfast whilst I'd decided what to play with first and dad would be fighting with the dog to clear the wrapping paper off the floor which the dog thought was a game.:haha:

- Then around 12pm we'd go to the local pub to see everyone before going to family and seeing them then we'd go home and have a traditional Christmas Meal and them a game of Jenga which my dad always took so serious and still does now. No hands, arms or elbows on the table. Only allowed to tap with one finger and no pulling out! Serious stuff! :)!

Writing them down then made me a little upset. Knowing I'm going to have my own family unit this year; even though we're going to my parents this year and Peanut will be no older then 4 weeks and the traditional meal and Jenga will be out but it's the tree building, 4am exciting waiting in bed and laughing at the dog fighting again. Even though he's old now and doesn't want to be bothered just loved Christmas when I was a child. :cry:

I just miss them a lot and I know that OH and Peanut when older will be making the tree just like me and my dad and I'll be plodding round in the kitchen. Hope I can keep up with the traditions I grew up with. Christmas makes me all emotional! Haha good thread though :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"