• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

••March 2021 ttw & test thread••

Is anyone trying to gender sway? As in timing sex for a girl/boy? I did it with my 2 (sex on ovulation for my ds and 3/4 days before for my dd) I’m not this time but just curious if anyone is?

@Lucy3 I’m not actively TTC so I haven’t but I know lots of people who have. My parents actually did it with my sister and I, and it worked!

Currently 7dpo and I noticed earlier today my cervix wasn’t as low as it has (it’s been low/firm since O) and just now I checked and it’s in the high position... I shouldn’t get my hopes up because little fluctuations happen and it may not mean anything, but I’m really hoping it’s a good sign. I didn’t temp this morning because my sleep schedule got all messed up, and I took a 4 hour nap and temped when I woke up so I imagine that temp may be falsely high. I might test in the morning (8dpo) because I’m impatient, we’ll see.
ETA: my breast tenderness is following the exact same schedule as last cycle, along with being gassy, so I’m not suuuuper hopeful but fx’d anyway.

Last edited:
Is anyone trying to gender sway? As in timing sex for a girl/boy? I did it with my 2 (sex on ovulation for my ds and 3/4 days before for my dd) I’m not this time but just curious if anyone is?
No, but I know the timing of BD for all mine as they've all been the month we only managed to squeeze in one BD, and only one of them was on ovulation, the others were all varying amounts of days before, one was even 5 days before and I was sure I was out, but I have all boys. I gave it a go last time with diet and got my 5th boy. Keep going back and forth on doing diet and exercise this time as I don't believe in it all any more and don't actually care if I have a 6th boy :haha:

Woke up to some mild night sweats, so I’m probably out. That always happens a few days before AF arrives. It could’ve been because I fell asleep in fuzzy pajamas pants (I usually sleep w/o anything) or that the building heat got too high (I keep having to open the window to cool me down) but most likely it just means AF is coming. I started getting them at 8dpo last cycle :/

Woke up to some mild night sweats, so I’m probably out. That always happens a few days before AF arrives. It could’ve been because I fell asleep in fuzzy pajamas pants (I usually sleep w/o anything) or that the building heat got too high (I keep having to open the window to cool me down) but most likely it just means AF is coming. I started getting them at 8dpo last cycle :/
Sorry you're feeling out. I always get really hot right before too.

No, but I know the timing of BD for all mine as they've all been the month we only managed to squeeze in one BD, and only one of them was on ovulation, the others were all varying amounts of days before, one was even 5 days before and I was sure I was out, but I have all boys. I gave it a go last time with diet and got my 5th boy. Keep going back and forth on doing diet and exercise this time as I don't believe in it all any more and don't actually care if I have a 6th boy :haha:
Wow 5 days before ovulation! My dd was 4 days before I think, and definitely only bd once that time lol. I think 6 boys sounds amazing, how fun for them all having each other to play with.

That sucks. Still heaps of time though! Funny, I feel so cold before af comes, sure sign she’s on her way when I just can’t get warm.

Wow 5 days before ovulation! My dd was 4 days before I think, and definitely only bd once that time lol. I think 6 boys sounds amazing, how fun for them all having each other to play with.
I know! I was absolutely sure I was out. Can't remember what happened but we hadn't managed to squeeze another BD in for whatever reason. I only tested out of habit haha

I didn’t intentionally with dd but I did conceive her 5 days before ovulation. I had sex every second day with this one so could go either way.
Neither were intentional. I always knew I wanted to have a girl, but I’ve got her now so I’m not fussed if this is a girl or boy. I’d probably have a very slight preference for another girl, but only for ease.

Cd 7 and af has finally stopped! Definitely not fertile yet as I usually ovulate around cd 15 or later.

Sorry to hear last month wasn't your month Teafor2.
Ovulation day today for me!

Sorry to hear last month wasn't your month Teafor2.
Ovulation day today for me!
Woohoo! Happy ovulation day! How many cds are you? I’m CD 9 and feel like I might o early this month

I didn’t intentionally with dd but I did conceive her 5 days before ovulation. I had sex every second day with this one so could go either way.
Neither were intentional. I always knew I wanted to have a girl, but I’ve got her now so I’m not fussed if this is a girl or boy. I’d probably have a very slight preference for another girl, but only for ease.
Ooh another for 5 days before ovulation. So cool! The image of the little spermies swimming around in there for 5 days waiting patiently for the egg to drop is such a funny thought

My cervix dropped back down so I guess it was just being variable. Praying I still have a chance but the night sweats are pretty damning for me. I know that your temp decreases when your progesterone drops but for some reason when my progesterone drops (or a few days before) I wake up soaked.
Edit: Google says it may actually be because estrogen is at its lowest right before AF arrives and it declines in the second half of the luteal phase so maybe that’s why. But if you implant, your estrogen is supposed to stay high :/

Last edited:
Ooh another for 5 days before ovulation. So cool! The image of the little spermies swimming around in there for 5 days waiting patiently for the egg to drop is such a funny thought
Considering the sperm came from my fiancé, I doubt they were patient

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"