••March 2021 ttw & test thread••

Well, I've been feeling like af is coming since about Tuesday (earliest she was due was Wednesday) she's still not shown her ugly face, but the feeling is getting stronger. All I can think is ovulation got pushed back a good few days, maybe the stress of everything with my lump (which turned out to be harmless) or, that I've some how gained a couple of days on my LP giving me a "normal" length. It has been 12 for a few months now, but when we first started ttc in July it was only 10.

On the lp subject, when ttc ds4 I discovered after 2 years of trying that my lp was 6 days. SIX! Managed to get it up to 9 and conceived in 6 months. When ttc ds5 it was 10 days. I conceived after 7 months but miscarried, it continued at 10 days and took a further 2 years, 11 months, to actually conceive again. So I was actually pleased with my 10 days to begin with after he was born :haha: but it seems to be naturally increasing.
Yes this is what happened with me but I never got far enough over 5 years hence the IVF. Short luteal phase can make TTC so much longer than it needs be unless your lucky to get an early implanter. I wish health professional would take it more seriously and give progesterone support if it’s confirmed. Would save a lot of heartache x

Okay now I’m confused. Yesterday vs today. Yesterday (top) was evening whereas today (bottom) was fmu. View attachment 1095893
So so hoping those tests yesterday were dud and things are going as they should. It goes without saying that's much darker today! Sending you all the good luck possible x

Just wondering how you knew you o on cd10? I’m so confused with my cycle this month. I haven’t had a positive opk but I feel like maybe I’ve o already (I’m cd11). I’m definitely going to temp next month, opks make me crazy!
Are you checking your cm? It dries out after you ovulate or gets creamy.
I started temping in January and I find it very helpful. I have a clear temperature rise after I ovulate and I’ve noticed that my cm changes at the same time.
Putting all these together helped me to understand my cycle.
Ovulation tests might be confusing. I had one batch where the second line was never getting dart, it was so annoying, as I know I was ovulating, I always have ovulation pain, but could never rely on these tests.
I use Clear blue digital since February and find them ok, they show a rise 2 days before my temp rises.

Are you checking your cm? It dries out after you ovulate or gets creamy.
I started temping in January and I find it very helpful. I have a clear temperature rise after I ovulate and I’ve noticed that my cm changes at the same time.
Putting all these together helped me to understand my cycle.
Ovulation tests might be confusing. I had one batch where the second line was never getting dart, it was so annoying, as I know I was ovulating, I always have ovulation pain, but could never rely on these tests.
I use Clear blue digital since February and find them ok, they show a rise 2 days before my temp rises.
Thanks for you reply. I found my old tempting chart form 2013 (lol so long ago!) and on that I didn’t get a positive opk till the day of o and continued for 2 days after o so i really can’t rely on them. Think I may have o today (CD 11) and haven’t bd since CD 8 so really need to get onto it tonight! I do check my cm, I Usually get quite a lot of ewcm, this month it started on CD 6! So confused! Def tempting next month!

Thanks for you reply. I found my old tempting chart form 2013 (lol so long ago!) and on that I didn’t get a positive opk till the day of o and continued for 2 days after o so i really can’t rely on them. Think I may have o today (CD 11) and haven’t bd since CD 8 so really need to get onto it tonight! I do check my cm, I Usually get quite a lot of ewcm, this month it started on CD 6! So confused! Def tempting next month!
My daughter was born in 2013 :) I was in my twenties and did not care about TTC, it just worked out :D
I get ewcm two or three days before my ovulation, it gets to its peak the morning after positive clear blue digital opk.
I learned all these changes in my body the last two month since I’ve stated temping! Try it out next cycle, if you are not getting pregnant this month. I also find temping being easy, I got a 14 euro thermometer on Amazon, use it orally for about a minute when I wake up, done!

@loeylo The FMU test looks so much better! Maybe your hcg was just diluted in the afternoon?

@Lucy3 I also get my positive opk on the same day I ovulate. I need to rely on my body to tell me o is approaching. Luckily one of my main symptoms I’m about to ovulate is a seriously increased sex drive.

I’m on cd 10 and actually feeling very chill about the whole ttc thing. I think I felt a lot of pressure last month after having two chemicals in a row. Now I feel very ‘if it happens it happens’. I think I want to think less about the baby making and more about being a good friend, partner, etc. Get back into some exercise that I was scared to do because of ttcing and losing pregnancies. We’ll see how long this blasé attitude last though :haha:

My daughter was born in 2013 :) I was in my twenties and did not care about TTC, it just worked out :D
I get ewcm two or three days before my ovulation, it gets to its peak the morning after positive clear blue digital opk.
I learned all these changes in my body the last two month since I’ve stated temping! Try it out next cycle, if you are not getting pregnant this month. I also find temping being easy, I got a 14 euro thermometer on Amazon, use it orally for about a minute when I wake up, done!
That’s great! I only temped once with my ds and that was the most the month I conceive. I’m so glad I did as I was ovulating well before the opks were saying. It’s so fun to put the data in the charts too! I’ll keep chugging along this month but if it’s a no go def get back into charting and throw the opks away!

@loeylo The FMU test looks so much better! Maybe your hcg was just diluted in the afternoon?

@Lucy3 I also get my positive opk on the same day I ovulate. I need to rely on my body to tell me o is approaching. Luckily one of my main symptoms I’m about to ovulate is a seriously increased sex drive.

I’m on cd 10 and actually feeling very chill about the whole ttc thing. I think I felt a lot of pressure last month after having two chemicals in a row. Now I feel very ‘if it happens it happens’. I think I want to think less about the baby making and more about being a good friend, partner, etc. Get back into some exercise that I was scared to do because of ttcing and losing pregnancies. We’ll see how long this blasé attitude last though :haha:
That’s such a good attitude to go into a cycle with. It’s so easy to get so absorbed into the who baby making process and forget to live life at the same time. It’s all consuming! I’m trying to do a bit of yoga every day (just do a 15min YouTube one) which takes me mind of ttc for a bit!

Surely yesterday CB must of been faulty in some way cos that's a great line today!!! ICs are pretty rubbish at progression too so I wouldn't be concerned with them at this point, the progression on the CBs are looking great now with today's. Best of luck that all is actually well! X

Surely yesterday CB must of been faulty in some way cos that's a great line today!!! ICs are pretty rubbish at progression too so I wouldn't be concerned with them at this point, the progression on the CBs are looking great now with today's. Best of luck that all is actually well! X
It’s so strange, the way I got two lighter tests on the same day. I didn’t drink any more or anything. Today’s and yesterday’s were from the same packet.

Acrually, today’s test didn’t work and I had to dip it in the toilet to make it work. Could the hook effect be a thing already?

That’s such a good attitude to go into a cycle with. It’s so easy to get so absorbed into the who baby making process and forget to live life at the same time. It’s all consuming! I’m trying to do a bit of yoga every day (just do a 15min YouTube one) which takes me mind of ttc for a bit!
I used to do yoga every morning but when my work schedule changed this year I couldn’t force myself to wake up at 5.30 everyday just to fit it in. Starting a daily yoga routine is also a goal I have.

It’s so strange, the way I got two lighter tests on the same day. I didn’t drink any more or anything. Today’s and yesterday’s were from the same packet.

Acrually, today’s test didn’t work and I had to dip it in the toilet to make it work. Could the hook effect be a thing already?
Maybe so?! Could you be further on than you thought? Could you maybe contact your early pregnancy unit or doctor to discuss it and see what they say? X

Maybe so?! Could you be further on than you thought? Could you maybe contact your early pregnancy unit or doctor to discuss it and see what they say? X
I have a gp appointment on the 18th and the epu on the 23rd for a scan. I don’t really know what else they can do?

I just wondered if you may be further on than you thought if it really was the hook effect, glad you have some appointments soon for answers! X

@loeylo can you request serial quantitative hcg blood tests? If not, is there a cash lab where you can pay out of pocket to get them?

10dpo and BFN today. Cervix feels a bit more closed this morning but low and firm, and I’m very dry, there’s no CM and barely any moisture. I’m hoping it feels more closed because I just implanted or something, but it’s unlikely, especially with the other symptoms. I keep waking up sweaty but sometimes just in the nether regions, and that happened this morning, gross. The sweating is a PMS sign for me :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->