1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

My hair didn't start falling out until a few weeks after I stopped breastfeeding. I only made it 2 months breastfeeding because of all the mastitis and overproduction issues. I so hope next time I can go longer!! I think breastfeeding helps get weight off initially really quickly but holds onto those last few pounds to make sure you have enough "reserve" for the baby. People told me that and I didn't believe them until I stopped and dropped 5lbs after. I'm sure you look great! I'm sorry you have to go back to work soon :( It was really difficult for me for a few months, and even now I still miss him. But I do think it helps me appreciate the time I have with him a lot more.

I didn't get stretch marks on my belly, I got them on my thigh/hip area, which I thought was a really odd place to get them!

Oakley is refusing to go down for his nap right now, I think he's turned 360 in his crib about 4x in 30 minutes now...lol maybe later I guess!

Yes my temps have been so weird this month! Definitely a huge temperature spike today, hopefully that's a good thing. I want to wait for another high temp or two before I start the progesterone just to be sure but its looking like O on CD 17. Hopefully the BDing was timed OK. I had planned to do it the next night as well but just couldn't muster up the energy to do it.

Lindsay - I am loving your remodel pics on FB so keep them coming!!!

Kelsey - yes I read a spoiler too :winkwink:

Mar!!! Waiting for your update!!!

LOL!! Sorry girls.

Well not much to report. I'm alittle disappointed :( The doc did the run through of family history and a basic physical. She wrote me a prescription for dilecton and then gave me some bloodwork and a script for an ultrasound. NEITHER of which could be done yesterday. Brutal!

So all I know is what I knew going in... my due date is October 31. haha. I went today and had my blood work done and my ultrasound on Monday at 8 and 1/2 weeks. Fingers crossed.

Ugh Mar, dont you just hate the waiting game! Will they be able to give you your blood test results tomorrow if you call?

No :( they send them away and then the results go to my doctor. I might call next week and make sure everythings ok. I dont even actually know what all they tested for! haha I'm already not good at this.

Mar - usually they test for HsG and progesterone. With the HsG they usually repeat it a couple days later to be sure your values are doubling. Although with a scan on Minday they may not repeat. I would call the doctors office tomorrow afternoon to see if they received the results. HsG usually gets turned around pretty quick, the progesterone often takes longer.

Mar - Sorry they didn't give you an ultrasound! I would try to call today too to see if they have the bloodwork results in. It won't tell you too much at this point with only one HcG result but you can get an idea of what's going on. I'm sure you're doing fine if you're super nauseous! With my first pregnancy I didn't have any symptoms at all but my second I was running for the bathroom practically every hour and Oakley is a very healthy baby now!

Jess - Temp is still up! you going to start your progesterone today?

AFM - working from home today, excited for another weekend to work on the house but Kirk has to work tomorrow, so won't get as much done as we would like, but that's ok!! he's not feeling well anyway so it's probably good for him to go to work and out of the dusty new house! Our Kitchen cabinets came into home depot yesterday and Kirk picked up our new hvac system yesterday - woohoo! :) progress, progress!!

Oakley's napping so I'm going to try to get some work done - anyone have weekend plans??

Lindsay - yes - started the progesterone this morning and strangely my boobs feel a little sore today. :wacko:

How exciting about your cabinets! Do you have other things to do before you can install them? What color did you get? I had a very hard time deciding on a color for ours. It seems like the off white/distressed look is very in now as well as the dark expresso color. Chris really liked the expresso but I thought it was way too dark (its almost black) and I didn't know if it was too trendy so we still went kind of dark with a color called Sienna so we'll see how it looks. Our last house was very light and neutral - tans, beiges, creams, etc. and although I still want to stay neutral we wanted to pick some darker colors this time (floor, walls, etc) to add more color to the house. Chris and I aren't very adventurous when it comes to getting crazy with colors LOL

We got this color:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton...-CHR/202519704?keyword=KDB18-CHR#.UUxK9o6UeUg

I wanted something that was neutral but not trendy like you said. I'll go trendy with wall colors but wanted to stay traditional and middle of the road with the cabinets since we're not sure how long we'll stay in the house. I'm going with a grey color for the walls in the kitchen, living room and hallway because thanks to Kirk knocking out part of a wall it's now "open concept" and I want the color to flow. The bathrooms are a darker gray color, the master will be a creamy yellow, Oakley's room will be a green color that matches his bedding and my office will be a grayish green to tie everything in together - I CAN'T WAIT! haha!

Oh and yea, in my opinion we should paint before we put the cabinets in but Kirk wants to install them because they're going to take up so much room not installed - which I understand but it will be so much easier to paint without the cabinets on the walls. Although I'm tempted to put them up too just so it will feel more like a kitchen again!

Oh I love the cabinets! Ours are just slightly darker I think they will look lighter in our kitchen since we have so many windows.

Maybe Kirk will compromise and you can just paint the wall the cabinets are going on so you don't have to work around them later.

Yea, haha I'm tempted to head over there during Oakley's next nap and paint them really quickly, but I think there's probably drywall work to be done that will just cover my painting job anyway, so probably not worth it :/ I'm working from home today but am hitting a wall with productivity, haha.

Nice cabinets Linds. Medium Grey is the color of the walls in my house. I really like it. It goes with everything. My bathroom is yellow walls. It all blends nicely :D It sucks you can't paint before hand. It would def take a lot of time off your hands. I bet it was nice to work from home. More time with little Oakster! Is he teething?

Jess i have so much baby dust blown to you this cycle! praying for you, always!

Kelsey, Sam, Mel............ girls?!!?!? WHERE ARE YOU?????? It's not the same! :( I hope y'all are doing wonderful. Love the pictures everyone posts of their little ones!

Oakley is teething - he just got his first tooth on Monday, poor little booger! I think that's why the transition into our in-laws house was so difficult for him, he was in a new bed, new house, new schedule, and a new tooth was on it's way! He's sleeping much better now that it has broken through. Such a good baby! He's eating those little gerber crackers, such a big boy!

Jess - hoping those temps stay high and we move onto a successful pregnancy for you this time!!

Rach - Hoping you get all your insurance stuff worked out soon!!

All the other ladies - sending love to you! :)

Today, I am catching up on chores around the house - laundry, baby food making, and organizing while Kirk is at work, then we are back over to the 'new' house for me to paint and Kirk to hang cabinets! I got a layer of primer behind the cabinets so that painting will be easier. Yay! So excited :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Lindsay - saw Kirk was starting to hang cabinets yesterday. I bet it will start to look totally different when they get up. I have chores to do tomorrow, not really looking forward to it, but our Canadian friends come in on Wednesday night so I don't have much time left to put things off. LOL

Jess - temps are looking good!! I bet your friends from Canada will be excited to get to warm Florida!! Kirk's cousin just moved back here from Florida and I'm pretty sure she's "miserable" weather-wise! It's snowing here today! I can't believe it - it's the end of March! I'd say the groundhog was wrong!! Kirk did start hanging cabinets but only got to two of them bc he hasn't been feeling well for almost a week now - I feel so bad for him. I spent painted - I am starting to be able to see us in the house instead of imagining how the other people could have lived there. They must have burned candles or something bc I had to paint the window 4 times to cover all the black dust that would not even come close to wiping off!
Hope you have a great visit with your friends :)

Rach - did you get snow? Get out of work today?

I SAW MY LITTLE BEAN!!!!!!!!!! HEARTBEAT 157 TIMES PER MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edd Nov 4. :)

Oh my gosh Mar!!! :wohoo: that's fantastic!!! Did they give you a pic of your little bean that you can post? Oh and we need a ticker so we can keep track of you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->