1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

I hope everything goes well next time too!! Thank you guys for the encouragement:)! I don't really chart but I have the my days app and I have been using opks this month we dtd on Tuesday night then Friday and saturday and according to the opk I ovulated Friday or early Saturday? So I may have missed out this month but hopefully not!!! It's sO frustrating lol!!! Good luck to you too I hope we all get our rainbows soon without complications!

Pinkerton - When was your + OPK? If you DTD Friday and Saturday and had a positive on Friday then you should be good to go!! :)

Rach - can't wait to see a picture of your little one tomorrow! Fingers crossed the cyst is smaller and makes the decision that much easier! I also hope you have a nice US tech and they'll let you peek at the baby's bootay!!

pinkerton - I would say the same as Linds, if the + was fri then is seems bd was well timed.

Rach - Hope you get a sneak peak at babies bits, I am sure she could to a quick sweep across and see the baby. Hope things look abit better with the cyst and you get a good chat with the Dr. I can't remember if I guessed anything earlier but I think girl.

Linds - I really hope Kirk gets to come to this scan, can't wait to see a new pic.

B slept okay till about 3am but very disturbed after that, we eventually brought him into bed with us and he was boiling so had to strip off his sleeping bag and his breathing was noisy and a bit faster than normal. He seems a bit better now he is up and about but much more subdued and I don't usually have the TV on during the day but we cuddled up on the settee and watched a disney film. Normally he would only sit with me for a short while ( 5 mins max) but today he has just wanted to be close.

I can see my belly moving from the outside now especially when I am in the bath, not big movements and probably not any that OH could feel but I can see them. One of the nurses I work with was talking about bumps, there is another colleague who is just under 2 weeks ahead of me and has a pronounced bump (although she is much taller and very much thinner). the nurse friend said that I still didn't look like I had a bump, which upset me a little as I was beginning to think I had and it wasn't just looking fat.

Aw, poor B!! Sometimes you just have to bring them into bed with you! Good for you not having the TV on during the day. In the mornings, I let O watch his shows until around naptime and then in the afternoons I put on my shows and he has to play with his toys. He's pretty good and just watches specific shows - I don't know if you have "Super Why" there but he's just OBSESSED with it and it's really helping him learn letters, so I really like it. But other than his favorite shows, he's typically asking to go outside (but it's FREEZING right now) or asking to color or play games with me. Plus - I try to work from home during the week with him and need him to be occupied if I'm going to get anything done but I wish I could not have the TV on with him!! I can't wait for summer so I can let him play outside while I do work on the patio.
Don't worry about what other people say!! She probably thought she was giving you a compliment. I had someone tell me I was already "redistributing" my weight the other day and I wasn't sure how to take that but decided to take it as a compliment even though I don't think it was meant to hurt or flatter! I lost a good bit of weight this first trimester but since I've gone about a week and a half or so without being sick (aside from one day) I've gained a lot (5+lbs, probably 10 by now) in a short amount of time, which I knew was a good thing but it's odd to go from buttoning your pants to not even being close and then getting comments from people!
I'm really looking forward to seeing this baby move and feeling this baby move. I bet DH will be feeling your little one before you know it! We would love to see your lovely bump if you're willing to share with us :) Do you think this will be your last baby? Or maybe you'll try for a pink smartie?

Hi! Idk y I made my username Pinkerton lol it's my cats name! My name is nikki :)! Here's the stupid mistake I made this month I have been tracking my cycles with the my days app and since my mc a few months ago my cycles have been weird but just got back to normal last month at 28 days but the app predicted my ovulation to be Sunday (30 days) since that was the in between, so I started the opks Saturday just to make sure I was ovulating and I never got a smiley then I realize 28 days would have been Friday and I didn't do an opk that day!!!! So frustrating!!! But hopefully since we dtd a couple days before Friday and on Friday and the next day hopefully we got it!!! Or maybe I just didn't ovulate idk?!?!? I am waiting until next weekend for af if not I'm testing!!!! Fx!!!!

Oh and I did get a smiley last month and I've never had a problem ovulating that I know of before so I'm sure I just missed it darn it!!!

Sam - the whole bump thing upsets me too. Mine just looks fat. At the end of the day i look pregnant because of all the bloat, but i can suck a lot of it in. I'm sure you look pregnant. She probably tried to mean that in a good way. Making you feel like you are still small. I guess it all depends on perspective. Aww extra cuddles from little B today must of been real nice. I feel so bad that he's sick a lot, but sounds like a lot of teething going on too?

Nikki - if you did O on Friday and you DTD then i think you're covered. If you don't have a problem O'ing then i am sure you already did if your cycles are persistent. When is AF due?!

AFM -- getting anxious for tmrw. I really hope the tech lets us see. I think i'll be doing the surgery, but i will know for sure tmrw. I'll update as soon as i can. Appt. is at 11am. Seems like they're always a half hour behind.

Af should be arriving next Friday I believe but hopefully not lol!!!! Babydust... I see you are pregnant with your rainbow baby congratulations!!!!!!! What surgery are you having?!?

aww thank you! on my first ultrasound they found a cyst on left ovary and a dermoid tumor on right ovary. Dr wants to remove it but it's risky either way. I have a 1% chance of miscarriage with surgery but possibly an even bigger chance without. it's been a hard few weeks with deciding. tmrw they are doing an ultrasound to see if tumor has gotten bigger. I'm hoping to get a gender guess to.

good luck with this cycle! I'm rooting for you

Nikki - I'm Lindsay (if you haven't already figured it out) - I've got everything crossed for you AF doesn't show next Friday :) I'm sure you O'd but you just missed it if you typically have a predictable cycle. OPKs can be tough like that sometimes.

Rach - good luck today!! My scan is tomorrow at 10 but I have an appointment with my OB at 830 and my SIL is demanding she gets a peek at the baby first so she'll scan me before I head up for the NT scan at the other doc office.

I talked to Kirk last night and with my pregnancy with Oakley, the high risk doctor ended up telling me what the sex was and my SIL I think was pretty upset that she didn't get to tell me. SO - his family is really big on having little parties and get togethers and what not and I thought it would be really nice if my SIL could scan me and tell me to look away while she's figuring out the sex and then she could bake a cake that is either blue or pink and we could have all our family over and we can all find out together. I think everyone would love it! My only hesitation with it is that I REALLY want to know like now, haha!! She won't be able to tell this scan but they told me what Oakley was at my 14 week scan, so maybe I could get her to scan me at 16 weeks and she should have a decent idea. :p

that's a cute idea Lindsay! I know what you mean about wanting to know now. so am I lol. I'm thinking boy for you again but I am sooo rooting for a girl

IT'S A BOY!!!! TEAM :blue:

Attachments

• 20140327_114432.jpg
    20140327_114432.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20140327_114439.jpg
    20140327_114439.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 2
Yay! congrats, Rach!! How exciting! so glad you were able to get them to look!! How about the tumor??

Rach - Fab pictures and wow congratulation I was wrong about a girl, no doubting that potty shot!!. Any names in mind now you know? What about the cysts?

Linds - the gender reveal sounds like a wonderful plan and I can't wait to see new pics from you too tomorrow.

nikki - I think you'll have ov'd as you thought so bd will be well timed. Fingers crossed no AF next week!!

afm - B got sent home from nursery again today. B seemed a bit better yesterday afternoon and this morning although not a great night (put that down to teething rather then high temp) but his temp was back up again this afternoon. OH picked him up and said he was very hot (38.8oC) and just wanting to cuddle into daddy. I warned work that I might be off tomorrow but we'll see how he is tonight.

I'll maybe try to get a bump pic over the weekend. It mothers day over here, OH forgot last year and I was very upset, I am not sure hes thought much about it this time either.

Thank you lindsay and Rachel! I'm hoping this cycle worked and congratulations on the boy!!!! Boys are so fun my husband has a biological son and I'm mom to him, his bio mom hasn't been around since he was 2 and he's now almost 8! So I've raised him as my own and it's fun with the dirtbike riding and these crazy video games lol!! Still I want to have a little one who I get to go through the pregnancy with and get all the feelings of having my own child:)

Sam - I'm sorry B is feeling bad again. I hope he feels a lot better tmrw. I also hope OH remembers Mother's Day for you. I'd be upset too if Andrew forgot...

Nikki - That is awesome you took your husbands child in as your own. I can only imagine the love and thanks that little boy has for you. I hope you get your rainbow a week from tmrw! :)

Alyssa - How is AF? I hope she's almost done!!!

As for the tumor, i go in tmrw at 930am to talk to the dr about it. The ultrasound today was more so for the ovary/tumor, but i made it more about the baby. I was really upset the last time i went and she rushed through it all. This time she took more time to explain what certain things were. I was real pleased with it. I'm so happy the baby cooperated! He was laying on his back and i honestly saw the wee wee before she even said anything. I was super excited as this is what Andrew and i both wanted first!! Now to think of names is going to be a joke! LOL. Anyways, tmrw at my appt i will see if tumor has grown or not. Still looked big on the ultrasound screen. I'll let you ladies know as soon as i find out.

Hi Ladies!

Pinkerton - how nice you already have DH's son in your life and it will be just as fun to have your own :) 1 week until testing!

Sam - hope DH remembers Mother's day!! Kirk and I don't celebrate any of that stuff but we always acknowledge it - so I hope you have a great day! Kirk typically brings home flowers the day after because they're on sale and he knows I won't mind not getting them on the main holiday but I think I would definitely be upset if he didn't remember!! You guys started the name game yet??

Rach - good luck with the tumor!! Anxious to hear about it!!

Alyssa - how's AF going?? meds?

AFM - had the NT scan today and all was perfect <3 Little one measured exactly 12wks 1day - but did NOT behave for the ultrasound tech!! They were scanning me for almost an hour trying to get the baby in the right position and finished with transvaginal scan to try to get a different angle but it didn't really seem to help. She was looking for the nasal bone but the baby was turned in just the right way and my uterus is tilted back so much that it was really difficult for her to see the face but eventually she got it! The NT measurement was normal too and I get the bloodwork back in a week. They said I won't have to get scans every two weeks this time which is a relief as it's kind of a pain to get to that office!! Plus, they're just not very friendly in there.

Morning sickness seems to have passed almost completely - still get uneasy but I haven't thrown up since last Sunday. I didn't gain any weight from my first appointment until today so they talked about nausea medication but I don't think it's necessary since I'm on the upswing.

Any fun weekend plans? Kirk is spending the weekend with his brother a couple hours away so Oakley and I are on our own - hoping to get a lot of cleaning and errands done that have been lacking with me being so sick!!

Attachments

• 12w1dMar282014.jpg
    12w1dMar282014.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1
Lindsay im glad every thing went well. sounds like your baby is already a trouble maker :haha: im glad u got to see him/her. I was offered NT scan today but I need to call insurance to make sure it's covered.

as for the results. tumor was 5.6 three weeks ago. today it's 5.9 but dr said it's positioned different than last time. I'm going ahead with surgery. he said he's 95% confident. the percentage of miscarriage is 1% only dangerous thing is infection. just like every surgery that's a factor. he said he may give me the type of anesthetic that they use for C section bcz it would be less harmful. also said I would still be awake just numb from stomach down. I cried all the way home in hopes that I'm making the right decision

Aw, Rach! Your doc knows best and everything will work out! I hope they can do the C-section type anesthesia for you!!

Linds - fantastic photo. I am glad all was well with the scan, I am going to guess boy but it'll probably be a girl as I got Rachels wrong. Hope you ahd a lovely weekend just you and Oakley.

Rach - I an sure all will be well but can only imagine the worry you feel. I hope they can do it under spinal. When will the surgery be?

Nikki - I hope next week brings a bfp and you get a sibling for your step son.

Hi Kels, Jess, alyssa and MAr

afm - he didn't forget mothers day. I got a lovely card and some flowers but he did go out at 2 am on sunday morning to buy them!! After researching it looks like B had/has Roseola. He has a rash onver his belly, back and neck a couple of days after the last of his fevers. Seems a common thing but I had never heard of it. Anyway he is getting back to his cheeky, smiley self a bit more today. V day was on Friday - yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->