1 or 2 DPO, testing around April 25th - buddies wanted!

So I went a little crazy last night, looking at hundreds of pregnancy charts on fertility friend and I seriously almost smashed my iPad cuz so many of them got preg BDing only once or twice around ovulation. Every month DH and I seriously BD like 3 times a day all week of ovulation and still no :BFP: yet!! So frustrating how it's so just luck of the draw

Oh my gosh, that's what happened with my friend! They decided to start trying, BD twice (literally, she sent me her tracker) and two weeks later got a positive. I'm happy for her but want to punch her too.

Haha I know the feeling my two best friends got preg last year without even trying. Happy for them yet secretly hate them for it at the same time

Hey! BDing that much may be your issue. If you're DTD 3x a day all week before you O, unless he's in his sexual prime or he comes from a family of super sperm/high fertility you are draining the healthy sperm/large numbers of sperm out of him during that early part of your window. Not all ejaculated fluids are created equal parts sperm.
I've heard mixed things about that, I have heard peeps saying what you are saying (it also seems like the logical thing), but then on the other hand I've heard that it's actually good for the man to ejactulate a lot cuz if he doesn't, some of the swimmers will be old and backed up...not new, healthy swimmers. A man produces new sperms every time his heart beats.

If it doesn't happen for me this month I'm going to try BDing once every other day during ov week next month and c how that works. Man, getting preg is hard work!

Bella - I bought a bunch of dollar store tests last night that I may or may not try this weekend (rationale a - they're cheap so who cares if I waste them early; rationale b - they're cheap so they probably won't show an early result). I have one clear blue from a pack that I was saving to try next Friday or Saturday, but I might just cave and buy an early response this weekend or early next week!! I made a photo book to use as a way to tell my DH when I get that BFP, and it hasn't arrived, so that's helping me wait, since if I get my BFP early I don't think I'll be able to keep quiet!

After feeling so strange yesterday I had a temp spike this morning that may have been questionable due to a restless sleep, but so have a bunch of my other temps, so not sure whether or not to read into it!

Bella - I bought a bunch of dollar store tests last night that I may or may not try this weekend (rationale a - they're cheap so who cares if I waste them early; rationale b - they're cheap so they probably won't show an early result). I have one clear blue from a pack that I was saving to try next Friday or Saturday, but I might just cave and buy an early response this weekend or early next week!! I made a photo book to use as a way to tell my DH when I get that BFP, and it hasn't arrived, so that's helping me wait, since if I get my BFP early I don't think I'll be able to keep quiet!

After feeling so strange yesterday I had a temp spike this morning that may have been questionable due to a restless sleep, but so have a bunch of my other temps, so not sure whether or not to read into it!

Aww that's so cool u made a photo book to tell ur hubby when u get ur BFP! That's such a great idea
Honestly, i don't see the harm In early testing. I know it's controversial cuz yes it can show an early positive and it end up being a chemical preg however if you are just honest with ur self that that may be the case then I don't see the harm in it at all. When I was preg last year I got my BFP 6 days before AF was due with FRER! :thumbup:

The photo book is a great idea! When I found out I was pregnant with my son I ended up texting my husband because I couldn't control my excitement. Not the best way to of told him! So this time I want to do it in a special way :)

We're not actively ttc but he knows I have stopped my pill and he doesn't want to use protection and said that if it happens it happens.

Oops sorry I submitted post by accident! Completely forgot what I was saying now!

I'm just on the bus to work so will reply later :) x

Yeah, I'm not sure how long it takes to replenish the sperm bank hahaha but that seems like an exhaustive amount of BDing for conception. Tbh, I'm worried. My family are those annoying girls who are super fertile and get pregnant while actively trying to not get pregnant. So I'm wondering if we'll be true to my genetics or if this is going to be along TTC.

A photo book sounds super cute!!! I've been trying to brainstorm ways to tell my SO, but I haven't thought of anything yet. Knowing me I'm just going to blurt it out hahaha.

UGH I want to test hahaha. Why has technology not evolved to tell us if sperm met egg the moment it happens?! I have four frers and two fr gold digis. dnsakdbajksbd

Thanks for the feedback! Lol I may still blurt it out...

We went on a big trip in January as our last hurrah before baby, so it's photos from that detailing our "adventure" and then on the last page it says "on to our next adventure...." At which point I'll tell him 😃

However we have a wedding right around when I'll be testing without a convenient time to do this whole photo book thing. My DH is in the wedding party and so I won't really see him for a while around testing. I can see myself blurting it out the first second we're together! Or I guess whispering it during a slow dance would be kind of romantic too...

All this of course depends on that elusive BFP!!!

That's cute! I figured I would get my husband this shirt and then we could use it again when we told our families. Double whammy!

Attachments

• 61TRNGdSp7L._UY700_.jpg
    61TRNGdSp7L._UY700_.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 0
Aww yeah that makes things a bit difficult timing wise. How would the bride feel about having it announced at her wedding? I'm a b, so honestly if something at my wedding wasn't about me and was about someone else then heads would fly.

Cute shirt!!!

My issue is SO is on the Autism/ Aspie scale. He's really high functioning, so we had talked about whether or not we wanted to invest in genetics. But the point is that all of the cutesy, romantic things are not really his style. If I got him a shirt, he'd probably just think, "Why would you buy a shirt you know I'd never wear?" since he's not a fan of text on shirts. He is really into sports, so maybe I might get him a kid sized football or something sport related.

Holly that's adorable and it'll get such a great reaction from family!

Dobby, sports stuff would be so cute, especially if that's what he's into!

I would only be telling my DH about the BFP, no one else, and he's not one to jump up and down screaming at such news haha. I'd never want to take the attention from someone else's day! My only worry would be him celebrating TOO much and then telling friends thanks to some liquid courage. I guess only time will tell!

Hahaha got to love liquid courage. Does he get loose lips when he drinks? I was going to ask if you get them, but if you get your bfp then you wouldn't be drinking! Any thoughts on how to get around the, "Why aren't you drinking?" I want to try (doubt I will) to keep my mouth shut until I know the sex. But I have my MS graduation in May, so if I get my BFP before that I won't be drinking. And I'm a heavy drinker. So my family would notice.

I know it's not really on the same topic as how we'll tell everyone, but my friend showed me this video today and it's just too cute not to share. It maaaaay have also made me cry a little at work.https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-friends-family-introduce-surprise-twins.html

I cannot believe how this did not occur to me. SO is IN LOVE with The Canadiens. Which is going to stink for him since he and his brother were planning a trip with their dad in Dec to see them, but I will be super pregnant (hear that universe?!). Anyway, best gift is a Canadiens onesie and bib! Even better if I can score sharks tickets. His team only plays in Canada, and I'm not flying to Canada just to make that announcement haha.

https://shop.nhl.com/Montreal_Canad...ckey_Montreal_Canadiens_Infant_Beeler_Creeper

https://shop.nhl.com/Montreal_Canad...nfant/Montreal_Canadiens_McArthur_All_Pro_Bib

I cannot believe how this did not occur to me. SO is IN LOVE with The Canadiens. Which is going to stink for him since he and his brother were planning a trip with their dad in Dec to see them, but I will be super pregnant (hear that universe?!). Anyway, best gift is a Canadiens onesie and bib! Even better if I can score sharks tickets. His team only plays in Canada, and I'm not flying to Canada just to make that announcement haha.

What really caught my eye in your posts (i was stalking) is that your SO is Montreal Canadiens fan - what a small world! I am the BIGGEST Canadiens fan. (He must be happy about last night's win). And you live in San Fran? My son, DH and I are going to Disneyland on Sunday for a week (we live in Calgary, AB, Canada). I will be testing on Tuesday. I think AF if due that day. If all works out this will be my 4th pregnancy (2 miscarriages). Good luck everyone, and GO HABS GO!

That's cool! It is a small world! His dad is from Quebec, so he has been raised to love them. He is very happy with them this season in general. In fact, I have strict orders to wear only red and blue and not black or gold until further notice lol. I'm not a big hockey fan. More into baseball and college football, but I enjoy a sharks game every now and then

Disneyland is awesome!!!!

So.. been temping to confirm O. Thought I was feverish the last two days with a BBT of 98.6 which is what happens when I am sick. Nope. New thermometer and I forgot to peel the sticker off. Good old 97.9 which is still a post O temp for me but omg I felt really dumb

Hello :) i'm 3dpo today.. I have used opk and Babycomp and fertilityfriend ;) testing 26.april on my birthday with sensitive pregnancy test :D i'm so excited! Ttc #3

Good luck everyone ;)

Morning ladies!
2dpo today and have terrible acne. Usually I get that with pregnancy but not until closer to 8/9 dpo. I also get it before AF arrives. Ugh. Hate acne so much.

I did another test today.. Totally addicted to peeing on sticks again.. Even though I know it's far too early for a bfp! Think I have a problem :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->