10 weeks with IVF twins

Northernmonke

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to this thread and really happy to be here.

Its been a really tough 3 years TTC after 5 IVF rounds and we are so happy yet so nervous and worried. I have had 5 scans already due to IVF and a bleed. My 12 week scan is booked for the 30th December and my last scan was at 9+3 and all looked good apart from the SCH but it had reduced in size.

I haven't had much sickness, a few times I felt a bit nauseous but since yesterday I have woken up feeling pretty crappy and can't eat breakfast. I also had pains from ET to about 8 weeks ish and they eased off, now they are back and worrying me.

I know all stages of pregnancy is a worry but due to our struggles I am finding myself paranoid all the time at the moment.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx

Congratulations!! A fellow ivf-er here. I wish I could say the worrying will stop, but for me it certainly hasn't. It definitely does get better though. I thought I'd be better after passing the dreaded 12 week mark, but I really only over the past couple weeks gained a bit of faith. But you've had a scan at 9 weeks which was good - after my 9 week scan my doctor told me I had a 95% chance of having the 2 babies.
The pains you're feeling now are likely just your uterus and ligaments stretching. With twins you grow pretty quick so it can be pretty achy sometimes. I find it feels similar to the pains I had after the ivf. But I know - every little sensation will freak you out. :hugs:

Thank you, they haven't told me anything about chances. I am really hoping this is it but with so much heartache its so hard to let yourself get excited.

Yes the pains I get are similar, I had cramping from ET which was different than my BFN cycles.

Well heres hoping we all have a happy and healthy 9 months and little ones x

Welcome Northerner. My twins were conceived from IVF as well, we had 2 embyros put back. I've been silently worrying as well but as I am so near the 12wk mark my worry has eased up some. I'm one of the lucky women who dont have much in the way of symptoms when preggo. I hope you get to feeling better. I'm sure after the 12wk scan you will be able to relax and enjoy being pg more.

Congrats! We are doubly blessed! My twins to be are IVF too.

The worries never end for me, I keep panicking and calling my husband thinking something is wrong... you'd think I'd learn after things always being okay but I am just soo terrified of anything happening to either one of my twinnies.

congrats and welcome! Im also a fellow ivf twin mum to be
this was my third go. . i know what you mean about worrying. .
Im 18+3 never though i would get this far lol! i had big bleed at 6 weeks but all was ok
it doesn't stop you worrying all the time. . as for aches and pains i realised its part of having
twins now, Im slowly getting use to it. . nothin else we can do. scan at 9 weeks looking good is great so try and relax. . i had terrible sickness from 5 weeks to 14 weeks, so your lucky so far :)
its a blessing to get 2 babies especially through ivf cos we all been through so much already x x

Thanks ladies, it is a double blessing. I never wanted to have an only child and hopefully now I won't. We also got our first 2 frosties from this cycle so you never know we might end up with more but for now I am really hoping it will all be ok. We are telling our parents on xmas day and I am so excited to see their faces. My next scan is after Xmas though so I am just praying it is all still ok and my twinnies are healthy and happy. X

Ladies can I also ask if any of you have used a doppler. If so when did you pick up hb and can you pick them both up separately? X

I haven't on my own. I've been too scared I wouldn't be able to find them and then totally go mental with worry. But my doctor used one at my last visit which was around 14 weeks I think. He told me not to worry if he can't pick up both, but he did find them. They were very close together in terms of the location that he found them and I would have only known that it was 2 separate hb's bc one is slower by about 10 bpm's so I was able to hear that they were different rhythms.

Well I am kinda the same, worried I won't find them but would like to try. I've just bought a second hand one from ebay. I am hoping it will arrive on Saturday so I will keep you posted x

Congrats!!! I also am having IVF twins. We had 4 miscarriages over a years time prior to IVF and this pregnancy has been anything but easy. I had daily cramping from two hours post transfer to about 17 weeks. I have also had random spotting which nearly gave me a heart attack every time it happened because I would fear the worst. Morning sickness went away at 20 weeks and has now returned at 26 weeks. I also have gestational diabetes which has made things even more complicated. The worrying does get better but every milestone is a big deal. I bought a doppler at 10 weeks and started using it right away. I only use it for less than a minute at a time and only the 2 to 3 times a week that is recommended. It has helped so much!!! Every time I panicked about something it is reassuring to hear the heartbeats. Sometimes just the thought that I could use it if I wanted to was enough to help me feel better. I would recommend it but only if you do not allow yourself to freak out if you cant find the heart beat. In the early weeks it can be hard to find and sometimes it took a while to find and I did not let myself panic during those times. Looks like your next big milestone is the 13 week mark. Hang in there....it seems like it will never come and then all of the sudden you are there. :winkwink:

Hi,

I am a fellow IVF'r! We were so lucky to conceive on our first try, after 2.5 years of trying for our 2nd. The pains and aches never go away, i tried to think of them as reassuring that things were stretching and growing inside. As for feeling reassured, i got better the longer i went on. I am now at 22 weeks and starting to let myself believe. the 20 scan helped, and getting to V day in a couple of weeks will really help me i think. believe in your body, you can do this and your 2 precious bundles will be in your arms before you know it xx

Congrats!!!!
Fellow multiple IVFer here as well! The worrying will NEVER go away! Every scan you will be at the edge of the seat. Its just the way it goes after all the things we have been through. Before my MC, I was never scared, but after that, I turned into a chicken at each scan and doc visit. Fortunately, my OB and high risk docs are very accommodating, and have told me anytime I am scared, call and we will do a scan. Made me feel a lot better.
As hard as it is, try to relax, you can't keep putting your body in stress. As the weeks do pass by, it does get a little easier, then once you feel them, every kick eases you a bit.

Congratulations! I am also an IVF’er.. Mine was on the first try luckily but with almost 4 years of TTC and other interventions and losses so it was a much needed BFP for my sanity.
The statistic shows that you’re much less likely to miscarry after 12 weeks. This include vanishing twin syndrome. So you’re doing great!
Bleeds in twin moms to be is VERY common! We create much more blood to sustain 2 babies so its very easy to get a bleed that isn’t dangerous for the babies… it’s not reassuring to us but it is much more common. I had 2 bleeds my biggest being at 7W.
I used a Doppler and picked up both the babies around 9W. It took a lot of patience though in finding them and learning the difference in their heart rates. The babies are so small that they may only be an inch or 2 away from one another when locating the HB’s. Also if you have an anterior placenta on one or both that it’s going to be harder to get a reading early on in the pregnancy… If you’re someone who panics or worries easily I wouldn’t use a Doppler. I got mine with the mindset that there would be days I wouldn’t find it and I was right.
I constantly thought for sure I had lost 1 or both of the babies from day 1 because I didn’t have any PG symptoms… Didn’t have sore breasts, no MS, never lost an appetite, no cramps etc… So it was really hard for me not to constantly freak out. Looking back I am not sure how I made it this far with my sanity still intact! It’s a rollercoaster of a ride but well worth it in the end :)

Thanks ladies. I have another uti now so back on antibiotics. Its painful but not when I wee. I hoping that's what the pain is anyway. I also think I've popped today. Ive had bloating for a while but today me and hubby both think we can feel my uterus above my pubic bone. When did you all pop? X

Thanks ladies. I have another uti now so back on antibiotics. Its painful but not when I wee. I hoping that's what the pain is anyway. I also think I've popped today. Ive had bloating for a while but today me and hubby both think we can feel my uterus above my pubic bone. When did you all pop? X

Mine was noticeable to me 11-12 weeks for sure.. noticeable Others probably around 14 weeks.

Well yesterday I looked about 6 months pg now its not as bloated. I I think the antibiotics have kicked in and maybe the uti was making me feel fuller? My doppler didn't come today im so hoping it does tomorrow x

Well yesterday I looked about 6 months pg now its not as bloated. I I think the antibiotics have kicked in and maybe the uti was making me feel fuller? My doppler didn't come today im so hoping it does tomorrow x

Not sure if it's the antibiotics or not but my bloat came and went till 2nd tri... then it was all bump.

Ladies, may I join? I'm on due august forum, but no twins or many IVF folks there yet. We tried for 2.5 years, incl three clomid cycles and three IUIs. Only seven weeks, but IVF did a miracle - got me pregnant first time ever! And twins! Been feeling ok, mostly, some nausea, lots of hunger and peeing.

Congrats Flagirlie!! And welcome! I think I remember seeing you around the LTTTC boards. Sounds like we had very similar paths - I was also trying 2.5 years, lots of IUI's and Clomid etc. ivf did the trick. I still can't believe I'm finally pregnant. It's so amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->