10 weeks with IVF twins

IVF twin mommy here too :) Id love to reassure you the worrying stops but it doesnt but i can reassure you that the bleeding is soooo common in pregnancies in general but especially twins. I had a small bleed at 6.5 weeks and then big bleeds at 10 and 14 weeks. Each time i was scanned and each time my little men were perfect fine and they spotted where the bleed was coming from. Hope all your pregnancies continue to be happy and healthy. Twins are awesome!!! :) xx

I love seeing the list of twin mommies to be explode!! Congrats to us all were doubly blessed!

Hey ladies, any of you measured the twins heart rate on a doppler? I am hpoing I am measuring mine wrong as I think both are around 90bpm x

Hi ladies, I'm just over 8 weeks with IVF twins and I just got back from my first visit with the high risk obgyn. I'm worried about losing one since that whole 'vanishing twin' thing seems so common. My only scan was at 7 weeks and both were fine, but my next scan isn't until 10 weeks. :nope: The wait is excruciating...

I know that having one baby is the blessing I've been praying for, but now that I know I have two cooking, I really want them both to come. How do people in our shoes get through nine months? lol... jeez. :wacko:

Hey ladies, any of you measured the twins heart rate on a doppler? I am hpoing I am measuring mine wrong as I think both are around 90bpm x

That sounds more like you are finding your own heartbeat or the blood going through the placenta. I believe the fetal heartbeats should be between 120 and 160. I would try to find them again a bit later. If you are concerned you can always go and have a scan at the doctor's. I had a hard time finding them early on but could almost always find my own.

As PP said about 90 is your HR. The babies are going to be hard to find and when you do they dont stick around long since they are so wiggly at that stage of pregnancy. The rate should be 120-160's. At 10W they were buried under my pubic bone and tough to find... but they are there it just takes patience.

You will get to learn the sounds... there is a weird underwater sound thats swooshes kinda that is the placenta... when you find that they are close by

Its so hard not to worry. I saw both of mine looking good at 9+3 and I am scared every day. We just have to keep fighting.

I think it might be mine too. Hmm well I will keep trying and see how I get on x

Hi ladies, I'm just over 8 weeks with IVF twins and I just got back from my first visit with the high risk obgyn. I'm worried about losing one since that whole 'vanishing twin' thing seems so common. My only scan was at 7 weeks and both were fine, but my next scan isn't until 10 weeks. :nope: The wait is excruciating...

I know that having one baby is the blessing I've been praying for, but now that I know I have two cooking, I really want them both to come. How do people in our shoes get through nine months? lol... jeez. :wacko:

I was an absolute wreck for my first 3 scans because of vanishing twin. I was scanned at 5w6D, 7W and then not again till 11W! It's common but the odds are more in your favor then they are against you :) Kinda like the cups 1/2 full!

I wish I could say the worry ends but it doesnt. I have just adapted and learned to cope. I still get nervous every scan and I have them every 2 weeks! This is the longest I have been without a scan in a long time :( Due to the holidays I wont have one till this Friday that makes 3 weeks.

I was told by 3 different doctors one of mine WAS going to vanish. I was in there every week for a scan terrified of what it would show. In the end both are doing fine. Eventually the little guy caught up and has looked normal ever since. I think when you have the early scans they can actually usually tell when one will vanish. It won't look right and the heartbeat will be too low. If you saw both of your's at 7 weeks looking good, odds are they'll both be fine.

Ahhh ladies I do worry each day too! Every time a symptom disappear off I go crazy and googling. My first scan was at 6+3 and can't wait for this Friday (8+3). Then I assume I'll get released to ob. Want to find a high risk one. I also worry getting off crinone at 10 weeks.

US ivf twin mums to be Will never stop worrying until they are here.
look at what we went through to get them :)

Im 19 weeks 2 days and still worry about my waters breaking early or loosing them somehow
or something wrong at my scan. . i won't be happy till my boys are here x

Ahhh ladies I do worry each day too! Every time a symptom disappear off I go crazy and googling. My first scan was at 6+3 and can't wait for this Friday (8+3). Then I assume I'll get released to ob. Want to find a high risk one. I also worry getting off crinone at 10 weeks.

Hey there flaggirl, you and I are just days apart....I'm at 8 weeks 5 days and also in Florida. :thumbup: I haven't really had many symptoms but am massively bloated...looking more like 5 months pregnant! Lol...

Hey there flaggirl, you and I are just days apart....I'm at 8 weeks 5 days and also in Florida. :thumbup: I haven't really had many symptoms but am massively bloated...looking more like 5 months pregnant! Lol...

Hey very nice meeting you! I'm in Tampa. I was kinda nauseous like week 6 and 7 but it seems better now as long as I eat regularly. U/s tomorrow! Definitely keep in touch! And yes me too, been bloated since my egg retrieval which was 2 weeks hehe. Finally everyone at work knows so I can wear whatever I want.

Ladies, quick question: I had my last progesterone level check today and it came back as 70 whereas last time it was over 100. The nurse said it was fine, but of course I'm worried. :nope:

Do you remember your numbers? Aren't they supposed to constantly go up??

Ladies, quick question: I had my last progesterone level check today and it came back as 70 whereas last time it was over 100. The nurse said it was fine, but of course I'm worried. :nope:

Do you remember your numbers? Aren't they supposed to constantly go up??

Your progesterone levels drop as you go further into the pregnancy as the placenta takes over and produces what the baby needs. I wouldnt worry about it.

Thank you!! I'm trying not to Google the heck out of this, but I just want everything to only go up...never drop! :wacko: I don't have a scan for another week and a half so now I'm really anxious :wacko:

Thank you!! I'm trying not to Google the heck out of this, but I just want everything to only go up...never drop! :wacko: I don't have a scan for another week and a half so now I'm really anxious :wacko:

It's totally understandable :) Did they ween you from your progesterone? Sorry if you've said before I have baby brain.

They had me stop at 10W. But I was a nervous wreck about stopping it so they told me just to finish the bottle I had lol that made me feel a little better. Now I get kicked all day so I have to assume they knew what they were talking about. It's just so hard to trust even the doctors when it took so much to get here haha!

I was worried about the same thing. My re said doctors are concerned when it drops below 10. So 70 is awesome! I think I hovered beteen 40 and 60 around the time I was getting it tested regularly in the first 10 weeks. I was also paranoid about stopping it and weaned off.of it, decreasing little by little every few days. It is very scarey but as other have said, your body takes over production of pregesterone at a certain point. You just have to trust in it.

Hey ladies I am on cyclogest pessaries twice a day and a gestone injection once a day. Ive been told I can come off it now and another doc said after 12 weeks. Ive never been told what my levels are but I have some extras so think I will wean off them too so its not a blunt stop x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->