1dpo (June 7) Looking for 2WW buddies

I'm not having any symptoms yet, either, except I've been a little weepy yesterday and today. I think that's normal for me around o time. Oh, and hot flashes. I think that's the progesterone.

Wow, never heard of taking Mucinex before, I'll have to try that next cycle if there is one! :flower:

Yeah, it's the Mucinex Expectorant (guaifenesin) some people take Robitussin but I hate the taste. They do make a maximum strength one that you'd only have to take 1 tab twice a day, but I didn't want to fork out the money for it (it's expensive here -- robitussin is cheaper), so I ended up taking 2, 600mg tablets twice a day. I didn't know when I was going to O so I started taking it the day after I stopped my Femara (cd8) and took it until 2 days after my positive OPK. I haven't O'd on my own for months now so I'm not sure if my body would've done a good job without it, but it's always nice knowing that something can help. It does help to thin out the CM making it more "fertile".

Few Q's for everyone
How long have you been ttc?
Did you try/use anything this month?(opks,preseed etc)
When is everyone planning on testing?
Any Symptoms so far?

Hope we get bfp's from this group!

TTC: Got the Implanon out on 17 May so TTC for almost a month
Haven't used a thing/tried anything... except... well pillow under the booty for a good hour or so after each love fest ;)
I plan on testing no earlier than Father's Day
I've been symptom spotting quite a bit: nausea, fatigue, twitches, cramping, bloating, gassiness, and now nothing.

And what the heck is mucinex for? I took that and it made me feel SOOOO sick! Dizzy, light headed, just out of it, worse than percoset!

Mucinex, ONLY the expectorant (guaifenesin) is used to thin mucus in the body. It reacts to CM as it does the mucus in your nose/throat. If you O and don't get good CM guaifenesin can help thin it out some so it becomes a less hostile environment for sperm.
Mucinex shouldn't make you feel that way unless you were already sick. I can't stand to take it when I am sick, however, we were trying different things to try and help us conceive. Maybe you are allergic to one of the indredients if it's having this affect on you? Or quite possibly you already had something going that was making you feel light headed, dizzy, etc. I know I feel that way when I have an ear infection or a sinus infection. In most cases when I'm sick I look for medication that DOESN'T have guaifenesin in it, I don't like having thinned out mucus that my body wants to cough up, I usually just go for the cough suppressant part of it.

Sorry Mucinex didn't work for you... maybe try preseed? There are a few other products out there for fertile CM, one is actually called Fertile CM (by the makers of FertilAid) and I THINK that evening primrose oil is supposed to help as well, although I'm not 100% sure about that.

When does everyone plan on testing this month?

I'll probably test around 6/17. Waaay early but I don't care. :)

nostress, I have had a similar reaction to some decongestants-- I wasn't taking them for cm, just for when I had a cough or something. Nyquil and I think a certain kind of robitussin. They made me dizzy and lightheaded and I thought I was going to pass out or throw up. Awful. I think maybe it's the phenylephrine? Did what you took have that in it? I know I have no problem with guaifenesin, though. And normal mucinex was fine for me. (Again, took it for sinus infection, not cm.)

nostress, I have had a similar reaction to some decongestants-- I wasn't taking them for cm, just for when I had a cough or something. Nyquil and I think a certain kind of robitussin. They made me dizzy and lightheaded and I thought I was going to pass out or throw up. Awful. I think maybe it's the phenylephrine? Did what you took have that in it? I know I have no problem with guaifenesin, though. And normal mucinex was fine for me. (Again, took it for sinus infection, not cm.)

I think that's what I can't take. Most of the things that end in "rine" (such as sudafed) and are used for colds make me feel a little loopy. I've never really liked Mucinex for coughs/colds as it hadn't done much for me.

I do have to say that for OH he was coughing more as everything was loosened up in his chest from it. He toughed it out for the sake of hopefully conceiving though. (Which is why I hate taking expectorants... lol)

I have the day off! :happydance: but OH has to work today. I'm thinking after he takes off I'll be passed out, although, then I go to lay down I feel restless even though I'm tired which is even more exhausting. :sleep:

This morning, like yesterday, I had that same bit of mucus that had a red tinge to it. It wasn't a lot, seriously, maybe about the size of one of these smilies on a regular size monitor... haha. It wasn't stretchy, pretty thick, if you put TP to it and tried to move it/stretch it the whole thing moved. This time instead of in the toilet it was on the toilet paper. :shrug: I wonder what's going on.

Weird.

I'll start testing the 13th or 14th just for fun. I have a ton of IC. My cycles are short so I may not be able to get a BFP until I'm a few days late anyway.

im 4/5dpo gna start testing at 8dpo for fun as ive got lots of ic's and tbh im a bit of a poasa lol hoping for lots of bfps for us all this month :)

I am 5 dpo and hope to test on fathers day so only 8 days to go - can I hold on???
Lets hope so...

I'm 1DPO today (I think - not temped this month so it COULD be longer) so I could maybe join you?

Welcome, Fliss! :hi:

KEslinger, I have long cycles, so I have the opposite problem. I have a loooong time to wait until AF is late and I can technically test. My LP is 16-17 days-- it's almost impossible not to test early!!

My cycles are usually almost exactly a month apart so if it doesn't show up on the 24th of June then I'll really start to get my hopes up, especially if my father's day pee test was false.. then I'll be like, well, it still could be:) Not driving myself as crazy with symptom spotting today. I ran a 5k yesterday, felt fine but kinda hurt my knee (part of it was up and down hill). I guess I'm still having stomach twitches, gassiness and the occasional yucky taste in my mouth. No CM at all anymore though (PISSING ME OFF, I hate not being able to get all.. well ready to do the do with the hubs, kinda sucks, not too mention its not an excellent sign of pregnancy)

Welcome, Fliss! :hi:

KEslinger, I have long cycles, so I have the opposite problem. I have a loooong time to wait until AF is late and I can technically test. My LP is 16-17 days-- it's almost impossible not to test early!!

Awww boo! Yeah, hopefully I implant early one of these months so I can get a :bfp: on time. Later this morning it ALMOST looked like my CM might be a different color (an inbetween color of pink and brown) but it quickly went away. :shrug:

im 4/5dpo gna start testing at 8dpo for fun as ive got lots of ic's and tbh im a bit of a poasa lol hoping for lots of bfps for us all this month :)

Love it! Haha, I've never tested early before but I think I'm going to this month. Knowing that we used the Femara and everything else I'm hoping that we upped our chances a little more than they used to be. We also used the Instead Softcups to try and keep the :spermy: in longer! Due to our work schedules we only :sex: at night this cycle. Day of positive and day after (6th and 7th). By the day after that my CM had changed so much that there wasn't a prayer one of his little swimmers would stay alive (skipped the 8th, bd'd on the 9th). However all the :spermy: got to stay inside OVERNIGHT. Thanks Softcups!!!

I really do think that I O quickly after my surge and that I caught it on the trail end down. I had A LOT of CM the night before my smiley on my digi (I pee too much to test @ night) and had O pains as well. They started and ended abruptly so I'm going to assume it was the rupture of the follicle that caused the pain. Next morning, really quick smiley on the test.

I'm so glad this thread has taken off. I thought I'd be sitting here talking to myself for the most part. :wacko: The more the merrier in the 2WW

I'm glad, too. I love to have a good, chatty tww thread!! If not, I'm sitting around like :coffee:

I'm glad, too. I love to have a good, chatty tww thread!! If not, I'm sitting around like :coffee:

I've seen some of them that no one has posted on, or like one post, one reply and then nothing and I was thinking I'd be pulling my hair out!!!
I'm glad that this group is a little more chatty, this my first cycle that I've actually gotten online and started chatting through and I think that maybe it helps. Then you've got a great group of people to continue on with if you get the dreaded :bfn:, a support network if you will... and SO many people wishing you :dust: and a :bfp:! It's awesome!

It is awesome.
We've been trying for ten months, and for the first six or seven months, no one in my family knew, so I had no one to talk about it with but the girls on here. And it was so nice to have a support system.
I would've gone crazy without this site. :)

His family knows but doesn't really ask aside from the random "When are you guys going to have a baby?" It's like HELLO! people don't realize that it isn't super easy to conceive. My family absolutely doesn't know, although a baby is more than welcome. We've kept it pretty hush hush and people do ask, I usually dance around the subject and change it quickly. I'd love for more than one of us to get a :bfp: so we end up with bump buddies, too.

If I do get that :bfp: I'm going to get it confirmed right away with blood work, so I can tell OH with confirmed news.

DH told his family right away and I was like, oh, so we're telling people? Oh, well. But they don't really bug us about it.
My family, like yours, I was dancing around the subject and then one day they asked me and I started to cry. I couldn't help it. So I told them. Still not everyone knows, but my closest family do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->