1dpo (June 7) Looking for 2WW buddies

ArmyWife- It's suspected that I have one of the types of PCOS. I was started on Metformin but it makes me super sick =( My cycles are short and for the most part pretty regular, but getting an OPK to turn up positive happens once every 5-6 months. PCOS runs in my family. My sister has been TTC for a LONG LONG time. And, my mom had problems TTC me! My sugars are relatively normal, but as I said, there are different types of PCOS, and I do have some of the "hormonal" side effects.

I took Femara which is the reason I think I O'd. Good luck with the Clomid. If it doesn't work for you, ask for something else. Femara doesn't thin the lining of the uterus as much and it's believed that the chances of multiples are lessened with the Femara. (It's also considered a Breast Cancer drug so some insurance companies do cover it!)

On the symptom front, (TMI ALERT) I did check my CM this afternoon. It's not obvious when I wipe, actually it appears to be quite dry. However, my CM is really thick and there isn't alot of it, but it does seem to have a light pinkish brown tint to it. I don't know what to think of it since AF is due to arrive on the 16th & I've never really paid that close of attention to my CM before AF unless I was obviously spotting. More cramps through the morning and into the afternoon today.

Hey, everyone!
Nothing new to report here. Fatigue and hot flashes continue... had a fight with dh this morning 'cause he wanted to dtd and I didn't. He blew it way out of proportion. Men. :wacko:
Hope we get some bfp's pretty soon!!

Hey, everyone!
Nothing new to report here. Fatigue and hot flashes continue... had a fight with dh this morning 'cause he wanted to dtd and I didn't. He blew it way out of proportion. Men. :wacko:
Hope we get some bfp's pretty soon!!

I'm actually having the same argument right now. Just not in the mood for it, I guess.

For fun, the tests may start tomorrow! :wacko:

once they get the idea in their head theres no trying to stop them lol. ..they just go on and on and on!! =| haha

C x

ArmyWife- It's suspected that I have one of the types of PCOS. I was started on Metformin but it makes me super sick =( My cycles are short and for the most part pretty regular, but getting an OPK to turn up positive happens once every 5-6 months. PCOS runs in my family. My sister has been TTC for a LONG LONG time. And, my mom had problems TTC me! My sugars are relatively normal, but as I said, there are different types of PCOS, and I do have some of the "hormonal" side effects.

I took Femara which is the reason I think I O'd. Good luck with the Clomid. If it doesn't work for you, ask for something else. Femara doesn't thin the lining of the uterus as much and it's believed that the chances of multiples are lessened with the Femara. (It's also considered a Breast Cancer drug so some insurance companies do cover it!)

On the symptom front, (TMI ALERT) I did check my CM this afternoon. It's not obvious when I wipe, actually it appears to be quite dry. However, my CM is really thick and there isn't alot of it, but it does seem to have a light pinkish brown tint to it. I don't know what to think of it since AF is due to arrive on the 16th & I've never really paid that close of attention to my CM before AF unless I was obviously spotting. More cramps through the morning and into the afternoon today.

Do they think its PCOS because of the short cycles and no positives on an opk? Im not too familiar with PCOS , what is it?

My sister got pregnant right away both times and so did my mom. But they also were very young when they got pregnant. I was 26 when I started to try. Now I am 27. Not old at all for ttc but old compared to them lol.
I think something is up with me and not my hubby because my shortest cycle was 26 and highest was 37. And I also have spotting between periods sometimes. And when I do get my period it is one week of hell with (TMI Alert) lots of clotting. I was thinking of trying baby aspirin because i heard that helps with blood thining.

I haven't been checking my cm, just when i wipe. But it has seemed really dry.
Me and DH had sex the other night and the night after O and I cramped after sex which is unusual. Not sure if thats a good or bad thing.

I'm so glad this thread is doing well. It's nice being able to vent and see how other peoples 2ww is going.

Pcos is suspected because I am not ovulating, and MAY have increased androgens. (& I am a bigger girl). My last obgyn wouldnt test me. I am going to try and get on the computer later and find you a good link, there are 5 types of PCOS. OH just got his SA ordered.

AF is either coming 4 days early (@ only 6dpo - usually if I have any spotting I have a 28 day cycle instead of 25 and spotting right before starting my period) OR I have implantation bleeding. Fx'd and everything else over here. Cramps. Irritability. It sucks how PMS and early pregnancy symptoms go hand in hand. =\

Do they think its PCOS because of the short cycles and no positives on an opk? Im not too familiar with PCOS , what is it?

Here's a link to a page that explains it, and also a brief description of PCOS. Many doctors will tell you that there are only 2 types, but here's a breakdown of 5 categories that someone can fall into. https://www.wdxcyber.com/dxinf001.htm
1.traditional PCOS -- anovulatory, increased androgens, no insulin resistance
2.endocrine syndrome X -- anovulatory, increased androgens, insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes
3.non-traditional PCOS --anovulatory, normal androgens, obese, insulin resistant or type 2 diabetes
4.non-traditional PCOS -- ovulatory, increased androgens, mild insulin resistance
5.idiopathic hirsutism -- ovulatory, increased androgens, no insulin resistance

If you suspect PCOS try to have your doctor run bloodwork on it. I'm a bigger girl so my last ob/gyn wouldn't test me (I didn't like him - big girls can make babies too!)... so I switched doctors and I'm trying to get her to test me.
OH's doctor had said that he ordered the test but when we called nothing had been ordered. He asked me if I believe in the sort of thing where it happens for a reason... like, it didn't get ordered because I'm pregnant or something. :wacko: but, I totally wish!

Going to start POAS tomorrow morning (7dpo) wish me luck for this cycle!

Oh! he also thinks my BBs are a looking a little bit bigger. LOL not sure I'm going to believe that one but, hey. Here's to hoping!

:happydance:

morning ladies! how is everyone today my headache has gone thank god ive never moaned so much about a headache ever i constantly feel like im full so not really interested in eating at the mo i had a tantrum last night lol dh made boiled eggs and toast and the eggs yolks were hard so i was like a little kids over a bloody egg lol embarrassing i know hehe i never normally flip out over a egg even my 5 yr old looked at me like i was crazy! but hey i woke up feeling better today so im 6dpo now i have no cm no sign of any spotting or anything so just have to wait it out now and see when i every one testing good luck to everybody fx for bfp for everybody xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all. How are you feeling today?

I have decided that I ovulated on the 10th and not the 9th - I had twinges on the 9th but mittelschmerz on the 10th. We have been DTD with regularity and I'm planning to test on the 25th.

I wouldn't really know where to begin with symptom spotting. What should I be looking out for?

Morning, ladies!
Absolute, you can go to countdowntopregnancy.com to see percentages of the most popular symptoms by dpo, or twoweekwait.com to read the symptoms of women who went on to get pregnant. Two of my obsessions during the tww.
But as KEslinger said, PMS and pregnancy symptoms can be very similar. :wacko:
madis, sounds familiar. I flipped out over a little thing last night, too. So we had a second fight after we had already had one in the morning. I'm not saying I was completely to blame for both, but def feeling hormonal. So glad your headache is gone. :)
KEslinger, did you test? Waaay early, of course, but any hint of a line? Glad that you switched dr's. Hopefully if it's not a bfp this cycle, you'll get the help you deserve.

AFM... nothing much new. My neck is hurting (still), and I'm super dizzy this morning. I don't know why. Maybe I'm getting sick. I've never heard of dizziness as an early pregnancy symptom. :) And still having hot flashes. Have to go to the gym today, since I haven't gone in forever-- but I hate going during the tww 'cause I feel like if I run too fast or something, I'll hurt a possible bean!

KEslinger, did you test? Waaay early, of course, but any hint of a line? Glad that you switched dr's. Hopefully if it's not a bfp this cycle, you'll get the help you deserve.

AFM... nothing much new. My neck is hurting (still), and I'm super dizzy this morning. I don't know why. Maybe I'm getting sick. I've never heard of dizziness as an early pregnancy symptom. :) And still having hot flashes. Have to go to the gym today, since I haven't gone in forever-- but I hate going during the tww 'cause I feel like if I run too fast or something, I'll hurt a possible bean!

I'm thoroughly convinced AF will show her face in a few days, & OH was in the locked bathroom that had my sticks in it, so I'm not going to. The test needs to be done on cd20 or 21 if I remember correctly (which was yesterday and today)... of course I work today and don't have long enough to run down and get it done. :dohh: So, next cycle it is. Hoping for a :bfp: still but totally expecting af. :cry:

Symptoms wise, lesser cramps, but I still get them randomly and twinges. I still feel like I'm coming down with a cold that hasn't yet hit. Still a little bit of chunky brownish CM. Still bitchy. And, tired.

Morning, ladies!
Absolute, you can go to countdowntopregnancy.com to see percentages of the most popular symptoms by dpo, or twoweekwait.com to read the symptoms of women who went on to get pregnant. Two of my obsessions during the tww.
But as KEslinger said, PMS and pregnancy symptoms can be very similar. :wacko:
madis, sounds familiar. I flipped out over a little thing last night, too. So we had a second fight after we had already had one in the morning. I'm not saying I was completely to blame for both, but def feeling hormonal. So glad your headache is gone. :)

This is my first month not exercising in the 2ww. I always run a couple miles about 3 times a week but Im scared of hurting the little bean as well.

I thought I sent a post earlier but nothing came up. So I will type it again :)

I am also convinced my AF will show up as well. After 14 months of BFN's, its hard to remain hopeful.

But I am fairly confident 2011 will be the yr.
With all the technology and treatments, I feel confident it will happen.
Also with having faith :)
When I look at it that way, I dont feel so bad.

ArmyWife, that's about the same as I do. A couple miles, a few times a week. I go back and forth between thinking I'd better take it easy and thinking I'd better get into shape before I'm pregnant and can't run anymore. Hopefully at least I'll walk through the pregnancy, and I'd like to get into swimming, too.
I understand how you feel about 14 months of BFN's (I've had nine). But I also try to tell myself, we've been trying for ten months. It's time for that BFP!!
So you go to the dr on Wednesday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->