• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2 DPO and looking for buddies!

i took a cheap'o internet on I think Friday. BFN....I am not going to take anymore unless AF doesnt show. If no AF then I will buy a good one and test Saturday! How abt you?

Nateslove~CONGRATS ON THE BFP! I agree..a line is a line..bet it will be darker tomorrow!

Jewls~So sorry about the witch :( Here's to a new cycle tho!

Babywishes~My symptoms def went away before I got mine so YOU'RE NOT OUT YET!! If no af will you go get a blood test?

Tjsmami~ I have my fingers crossed for you hun!

Future~Yep I almost bought a pair today too..I can't close my damn pants today! LOL! I know my coworkers are looking at me like "girl I think the last thing you need is that cookie in your hand" :)

i took a cheap'o internet on I think Friday. BFN....I am not going to take anymore unless AF doesnt show. If no AF then I will buy a good one and test Saturday! How abt you?

I tested this morning it was a BFN. :(

I have always had irregular periods so I don't really know my luteal phase because this is my first time actually tracking my temperature... My last cycle was 51 days long and this cycle I o'd 10 days after AF...so I am not sure when exactly AF is supposed to show...but the luteal phase can vary in length so i really don't know I assume 14 days after ovulation but it can been anywhere from 10 (or even earlier) to 18 or 19 days I think...this is like my trial run...hopefully it will be my last... take a look at my chart https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/228047

So I'm just going to wait it out for now....since I used up all my pg tests....Keeping my fingers crossed for us both...

I wish I understood charting better! I think I am going to try it this month. Looks like cd10 you had a nice dip (i think thats what they call it)!

Nateslove~CONGRATS ON THE BFP! I agree..a line is a line..bet it will be darker tomorrow!

Jewls~So sorry about the witch :( Here's to a new cycle tho!

Babywishes~My symptoms def went away before I got mine so YOU'RE NOT OUT YET!! If no af will you go get a blood test?

Tjsmami~ I have my fingers crossed for you hun!

Future~Yep I almost bought a pair today too..I can't close my damn pants today! LOL! I know my coworkers are looking at me like "girl I think the last thing you need is that cookie in your hand" :)

Thanks hun! I am not sure. I know that doc said if I started we would do 100 mg of clomid again. If I dont get af I will test with a good one before calling the doc.

WOW a 51 day cycle!! That would drive me crazy!
I think the cycle length is determined from when you O and since you can O sooner or later in the month that is why the cycle length changes. The usual LP is 12-16 days long from what I remember reading. So if you Oed on CD10 this time hopefully you'll know soon whether you've got a BFP or AF coming.

ok I am prob wrong here but I thought AF came 14days after O. I read (somewhere!) that you can O at diff times during your cycle so sometimes you can start AF sooner if you Oed early or later if you Oed late. But you always have AF 14 days after actaul O.

Babywishes- I did a quick google search for luteal phase
https://www.ovulation-calculator.com/luteal-phase.htm

"The Luteal Phase

The Luteal Phase is the time period beginning with the day after ovulation and running through the remainder of your menstrual cycle (ends the day before your next period). Typically, the duration of the luteal phase phase lasts between 10 and 16 days - and is generally consistent from cycle to cycle, averaging for most women at 14 days.
In the Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community, the luteal phase is also referred to as "DPO" - or days past ovulation. At the onset of the luteal phase, women's body temperature increases (Basal Body Temperature) in order to provide a fertile environment for the ovum."

I think I've read it elsewhere too.

Babywishes & FuturePhotos - on my 51 day cycle my O day must have been between 14 or 16 days before af came....my last af, before this cycle was on 9/3 and had my next af on 10/24 (51 days). So my O day for last cycle must have been like October 9 or 10 (14-16 days before...don't really know because I wasn't charting or using OPKs wasn't really TTC because just came off BCP) That is where I am stumped...not sure of the LP...meaning the days after O leading up to AF...If I am 14 days that means AF happens tomorrow if I am 16 days then it won't happen till Thursday....

Babywishes - I highly recommend charting because it can show you exactly when it happened...Not necessarily when it is happening because you won't really know till you see the temp shift way way up....So yeah the 10th day of my cycle I o'd because you see the corresponding shift in temperature that stays way up....if it starts to dip back down that means af is on her way....it is a very great tool that eliminates the guessing...the only guessing I have now is my LP...don't know since I have never really tracked and have never been regular........

Babywishes- I did a quick google search for luteal phase
https://www.ovulation-calculator.com/luteal-phase.htm

"The Luteal Phase

The Luteal Phase is the time period beginning with the day after ovulation and running through the remainder of your menstrual cycle (ends the day before your next period). Typically, the duration of the luteal phase phase lasts between 10 and 16 days - and is generally consistent from cycle to cycle, averaging for most women at 14 days.
In the Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community, the luteal phase is also referred to as "DPO" - or days past ovulation. At the onset of the luteal phase, women's body temperature increases (Basal Body Temperature) in order to provide a fertile environment for the ovum."

I think I've read it elsewhere too.

Lol...I just saw this one after I had posted my comment. Yes this is what I was trying to explain....I don't know my LP.....but again babywishes...charting is the best method to confirm the actual day of O...since with OPKs you can have + for 3 or more days and I see women always saying they are unsure because they had positive readings for days in a row...but charting would confirm exactly when....and it can also tell you when your af will show because the temps dip way back down...so far my temps have been up so we'll see what happens....

](*,) Just started playing with fertility friend....i am so lost! Do you temp same time every day?! I get up anywhere from 5:30a.m. to 6:30! ugh....:hissy: Why does ttc have to be so hard!

](*,) Just started playing with fertility friend....i am so lost! Do you temp same time every day?! I get up anywhere from 5:30a.m. to 6:30! ugh....:hissy: Why does ttc have to be so hard!

Yes, you are supposed to temp at the same time everyday and should have a good 3 hours of un-interrupted sleep before temping. Also the later it gets from the time you choose as your "temp time" usually the higher the temp will be so it is important to do it at the same time for consistency....I believe some girls shave off .5 degrees for every hour past their "temp time"....I set my alarm clock for 5:30am because that is when I get up for work...So on the weekends I'll set it for the same time, take my temp and then go back to sleep and will log it later...you may want to keep a pen and paper handy by your bedside to write it down for the weeknds too because sometimes I forget what it was when I wake up fully (probably from being half asleep) I think I did that once and then just kept something to write on handy by my bedside ever since...... You will need to purchase a Basal Body Thermometer not just a regular one too...I was just telling my friend at work about doing the same today because she has been TTC number one for years now....I told her you might just be "missing" the time to bd because you don't know when you ovulate.....so anyway....it is a great tool....good luck.....:thumbup:

You'll have to set your alarm, BUT I have used an online BBT adjustor if I don't temp at the same time which really works.

You WILL love it I promise. It'll take the guesswork out. And you won't have to wait for the blood tests to come back to tell you whether you ovulated or not. Your temps will tell you!

14DPO today, no af yet and no dip today either.... check it out... https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/228047

I might have a 16 or more LP so not safe yet.....did not test though, ran out or else you know I would've been p'ing on that stick...lol...

Good Morning Ladies! Just went to the restroom and there was pink...looks like the :witch: is making her grand entrance! So I guess today is CD1 for me! I do have the BBT thermometer already so I am going to try and temp this month! Maybe if I set my alarm for 5:30 and temp I will actually get up and work out:haha: Funny thing is I am really not even upset the witch is here. I think I have a better grip on myself right now. Here is to a :bfp: right before christmas. Atleast there will be a ton of fun ways to tell DH if I do get it next month:thumbup:

well for me that faint faint faint line my bff saw it too, must have been a faulty......not even a hint of a line fmu this am. oh well. its only our first month ttc. i figured it would have to take longer than that, im not that lucky. it took 4 years of ttc my 6 year old and surprise with my 4 year old.....blah. i guess u just never really know. it couldnt have been an evap either cuz it showed up within 3-5 min. but even the best tests arnt perfect every time. just like a car you can always end up with a lemon. oh well heres baby dust to all and happy ttc!

well for me that faint faint faint line my bff saw it too, must have been a faulty......not even a hint of a line fmu this am. oh well. its only our first month ttc. i figured it would have to take longer than that, im not that lucky. it took 4 years of ttc my 6 year old and surprise with my 4 year old.....blah. i guess u just never really know. it couldnt have been an evap either cuz it showed up within 3-5 min. but even the best tests arnt perfect every time. just like a car you can always end up with a lemon. oh well heres baby dust to all and happy ttc!
Were they the same brand of test?

Good Morning Ladies! Just went to the restroom and there was pink...looks like the :witch: is making her grand entrance! So I guess today is CD1 for me! I do have the BBT thermometer already so I am going to try and temp this month! Maybe if I set my alarm for 5:30 and temp I will actually get up and work out:haha: Funny thing is I am really not even upset the witch is here. I think I have a better grip on myself right now. Here is to a :bfp: right before christmas. Atleast there will be a ton of fun ways to tell DH if I do get it next month:thumbup:

Aww..I'm sorry hun! I'm glad you are not that down in the pits about it though I know it is very disappointing when I saw her last month...so props to you girl!...You may want to link up with Jewls48 as cycle buddies....You are now equipped with the tools to help you next month...Please do keep me posted. Hope you do get the greatest Christmas gift of all of that BFP!!!!

I may join you soon...we'll see....

Aww..I'm sorry hun! I'm glad you are not that down in the pits about it though I know it is very disappointing when I saw her last month...so props to you girl!...You may want to link up with Jewls48 as cycle buddies....You are now equipped with the tools to help you next month...Please do keep me posted. Hope you do get the greatest Christmas gift of all of that BFP!!!!

I may join you soon...we'll see....

fingers crossed you join the others with a :bfp:! If not you, Jewls n I will have to buddy up! I am going to need the help with charting:) I think getting the bad news helped me get in the right mindset of going again. Also, since we have a game plan I am actully excited to start gain. And with the holidays so close it should make the evil TWW not so bad:thumbup:

yup......all the same brand of test. but the witch insnt due till the 21st so still very early. but good luck to all. if i am ill have bump buddies and if not then ill have some cycle buddies. :thumbup: happy thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->