2 DPO and looking for buddies!

Ooh and not wanting to hijack your thread momof3 but I have a thread over in 2ww for mid november testers there's a few ladies on there so if anyone wants to join us we can all symptom spot together and drive ourselves crazy :)

I've hit my 3:30 slump - this is the hardest part of the day to stay awake!! Anyone else feel like this day is going by too slowly?

Lol, it's 4:45 here..I'm off in 15 and am having visions of a bath and a book and a nap!

Sooo..yea I'd say so!

OOOh a bath sounds really good! I should do that- I haven't just soaked to relax in a looong time!

I've been planning it since I woke up this morning so it's not been the most productive of days ;). I'm about to head to the library now hoping to find something good to read

20 tests! Im impressed!
Haha I know I get them from a website here and I got Ov tests and preg tests 20 of each for half nothing! :) How could ya not pee on them :haha:

I keep forgetting about the time difference!! It's just after 11pm here now and I'm settling in for a night of tv watching cuz I'm home alone! A bath sounds so good but I don't have one in my new house :(
I haven't been to the library in ages!! What kinda stuff do ya read?

I notice the thread has been moved! Hope everyone still checks in a few days to let us know if they got their bfp's! I can't wait to see who gets theirs!

20 tests! Im impressed!
Haha I know I get them from a website here and I got Ov tests and preg tests 20 of each for half nothing! :) How could ya not pee on them :haha:

I keep forgetting about the time difference!! It's just after 11pm here now and I'm settling in for a night of tv watching cuz I'm home alone! A bath sounds so good but I don't have one in my new house :(
I haven't been to the library in ages!! What kinda stuff do ya read?

All kinds of stuff! I got that book The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo since the movies about to come out. Its sooo slow in the beginning tho!

I notice the thread has been moved! Hope everyone still checks in a few days to let us know if they got their bfp's! I can't wait to see who gets theirs!

Oh wow!

I will def be checking in..I can't think of anything else during the 2ww!

Well - I left work a bit early yesterday- getting the tub cleaned out for a bath seemed like too much work, so I took a short nap on the couch instead.

I'm an avid reader! I've read the whole "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series as part of a book club I'm in. They were ok- but I agree hard to get into. I'm glad that I read them, but at the same time wouldn't highly recommend them to anyone. Our book club has watched the original Swedish movies of the books- they're really confusing if you haven't read the book- too much is skipped over. We're really looking forward to the American versions coming out so we can compare them with the book and against the Swedish ones.

I went to the library this morning. My Hubby and I for Halloween watched all the "Hannibal" movies. I've never read any of Harris' books though so I thought that would be interesting. I just checked out "Hannibal Rising" and "Red Dragon" and will get started on it tonight!

Well - I left work a bit early yesterday- getting the tub cleaned out for a bath seemed like too much work, so I took a short nap on the couch instead.

I'm an avid reader! I've read the whole "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series as part of a book club I'm in. They were ok- but I agree hard to get into. I'm glad that I read them, but at the same time wouldn't highly recommend them to anyone. Our book club has watched the original Swedish movies of the books- they're really confusing if you haven't read the book- too much is skipped over. We're really looking forward to the American versions coming out so we can compare them with the book and against the Swedish ones.

I went to the library this morning. My Hubby and I for Halloween watched all the "Hannibal" movies. I've never read any of Harris' books though so I thought that would be interesting. I just checked out "Hannibal Rising" and "Red Dragon" and will get started on it tonight!

If this book doesn't get better idk if I'll read any of the other ones ;)

I read Red Dragon and it was pretty good. But to be totally honest..and you're probably gonna think i'm lame but my favorite genre is fantasy (like cs lewis, harry potter) stuff like that. My life is so serious all the time, I like to escape into a book in my free time. Although I love all the classics and I also read nonfiction self-helpish type books on occasion. And I can never resist the book-movie combos. Just finish Water for Elephants, book and movie were awesome!

Momof3-

LOL - I had a hard time getting through them and that is rare for me, usually I can't put a book down! I read a bunch of different genres, but those weren't really up my alley, I guess. I just finished Micheal Crichton's "Prey" - a thriller/suspense about nanotechnology taking over. I've also been on a little bit of a Stephen King binge lately- DH got me into those. The Shinning was the last one I finished- we've seen the Stanley Kubrick film version, but recently bought the Mini-series that King produced himself- way more accurate to the book, but of course he has 6 hours to do it in instead of only 2. We're still watching it- a part at a time.

I'm waiting for "The Help" to come into my library system- I must be pretty far down on the hold list though, because it has been a least a month that I've been waiting so far. I want to read it before I see it- so I've already missed getting to see it while it was in the theatre.

I read mostly fantasy in high school- fav. author was Terry Brooks. Only recently did I read the whole Harry Potter Series and I loved it!! I didn't jump on the bandwagon when the movies started coming out - not wanting to just follow the trend, but after the initial craze died down I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. They were really good! I've liked the movies so far too- I haven't gone to the theatre for them, I've only watched when the have the first ones on cable tv. Shortly after these I read Lemmony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" those were definitely juvenile fiction, but I was looking for some mindless brain candy and got into them. Twighlight was the same way. Those are really fast reads- you get sucked in!

I'll have to get Like Water for Elephants - so far I've only seen the previews for the movie, but it looked interesting!

Momof3-

LOL - I had a hard time getting through them and that is rare for me, usually I can't put a book down! I read a bunch of different genres, but those weren't really up my alley, I guess. I just finished Micheal Crichton's "Prey" - a thriller/suspense about nanotechnology taking over. I've also been on a little bit of a Stephen King binge lately- DH got me into those. The Shinning was the last one I finished- we've seen the Stanley Kubrick film version, but recently bought the Mini-series that King produced himself- way more accurate to the book, but of course he has 6 hours to do it in instead of only 2. We're still watching it- a part at a time.

I'm waiting for "The Help" to come into my library system- I must be pretty far down on the hold list though, because it has been a least a month that I've been waiting so far. I want to read it before I see it- so I've already missed getting to see it while it was in the theatre.

I read mostly fantasy in high school- fav. author was Terry Brooks. Only recently did I read the whole Harry Potter Series and I loved it!! I didn't jump on the bandwagon when the movies started coming out - not wanting to just follow the trend, but after the initial craze died down I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. They were really good! I've liked the movies so far too- I haven't gone to the theatre for them, I've only watched when the have the first ones on cable tv. Shortly after these I read Lemmony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" those were definitely juvenile fiction, but I was looking for some mindless brain candy and got into them. Twighlight was the same way. Those are really fast reads- you get sucked in!

I'll have to get Like Water for Elephants - so far I've only seen the previews for the movie, but it looked interesting!

Mindless brain candy is the perfect term!! I'd like to read the Help too. I might order it on Amazon. I bought the Lemmony Snickett series for my son and he loved them..I just never got around to reading them.

Twilight..loved them too :blush:

:wave:Just wanted to jump in here and suggest David Baldacci for you ladies....check out his book "The Winner" Great Great book!!

Ooo haven't heard of that one! What's it about??

This is what is online about it.....I loved this book!

Publisher's Summary
LuAnn Tyler is a twenty-year-old unwed mother in Rikersville, Georgia, a woman who can use her fists as well as her wits, a woman striving to escape an abusive relationship and a life of endless poverty. Suddenly, under the pretense of giving her a decent job, a mysterious Mr. Jackson makes her an offer he thinks no one can refuse: a guarantee to be the next winner of the $100 million national lottery.

But LuAnn won't do it. At first. Then, less than twenty-four hours later, she is fighting for her life and running from a false murder charge. Jackson's offer -- and its condition that she leave the country forever -- seems to be her only hope. She accepts his proposition and the new life the unlimited wealth buys her and her infant daughter. Ten years later, LuAnn disobeys Jackson and secretly returns to the United States, where she is still wanted for murder.

There, she meets Matthew Riggs, a man whose origins are as murky and troublesome as her own. LuAnn's life is shattered when a canny reporter smelling a scam in the national lottery picks up her trail, and Jackson, a seemingly omniscient master of impersonation, comes to punish her for disobeying him. At the same time, the FBI is set on her track when investigators suspect someone may have fixed the lottery. While the hunters close in for the kill, LuAnn finds herself turning to Matt Riggs for help, but he may be just another predator in her life.

Introducing the most inspiring heroine in recent fiction, a woman who embodies the pioneer values of ferocious courage and redoubtable emotional and physical strength, and one of the most sinister criminal minds ever created, the faceless, mercurial, and icy-hearted Jackson, The Winner is an intelligent, action-packed thriller that moves as fast as the little numbered lottery balls that hold so many fragile dreams.

That sounds great! I will def check it out. Thanks babywishes :)

That sounds great! I will def check it out. Thanks babywishes :)

Welcome! Its one of those books that you can not put down once you start! I love the auther! I have read almost all of his books. Some are really hard to get into and then turn into cant put them down books :) Check it out and let me kow what you think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->