2009 March Mummies

Well I've ordered two cheap pocket cloth nappies and a Itti bitti d'lish snap in one! Only took me 3 hours to decide :haha: think I get it all now it's just all the brands and different names inserts/liners/nappy/wrap/cover/booster

If I need some extra absorbency I can just purchase some fleece and cut it up to make liners etc. Now I need a nappy bin. Also picked up a tip for sloppy poo - hold it in the loo and flush :thumbup: saves me rinsing in the sink :haha:

anyone got a sick bucket? ive felt sick all day, was actually sick this morning. think connor has passed his bug onto me

niiiiiiiiiiice. i feel vommy every morning after my meds... ohhh joys of side effects...

evening ladies, Wow i am exhausted Oscar hasnt slept in days for some reaosn so i am doig the super nanny trick putting him back to bed and sitting outside the door but to no avial percervering but gosh its knackering keep saying to myself "I will not be beaten by a 1 year old lol".

How is every 1 ??, Wow pregnancies on here progressing real quick now 99 days for some big congrats :), I have 1 month left exactly i think so getting real real close . xxx

Less than 2 weeks until full term Gemma! Good luck with mum vs child on sleeping! I don't even sit outside I just turn the monitor down and let her get on with it if she screams :blush:

It's 6am I've been dreaming about nappies and have woken up wanting to buy another one! My aunt lives in oz and the ittsy ones are sooo cute and come from oz so may ask her to ship some over on the cheap :thumbup:

Think I'm going to get an ittsy and a Cushie tooshi next :haha:

I'm blaming this obsession on jade my husband is laughing at me coz he said "they're just nappies" and I was like :smug: "they are more than nappies they are pretty" :haha:

Still don't know how to launder them properly though so going to keep researching (with purse hidden away) and try get some more tips. Got to buy some fleece and make baby wipes!

X

at the risk of being shot...... am i the only person who is horrified at the thought of buying an item that somebody elses kid has sh@ it? liners/boil wash etc aside..i know theyre clean but would you wanna buy some old dears used incontinence pants?*shudder* i know the plusses etc. just cant get my head round it.. its in the same strain of used pants from ebay... :p

*gone to hide*

been @ work today for a change..... been manicly stoopidly busy and im grumpy... can u tell?

:rofl:

Ewwwwwie!

Ok now I don't know if I want an all in two :haha:

I'm looking at the Itti bitty d'lish at the moment?! Bloody nappies are way too pretty! X

I got some ittis for both babies. I also use Issys for night and day. Have some Tots Bots Easyfit v1s (AIO) and some weenotions (you dont wanna go there - major addicition!). I have a few blueberries and bambootys, these brands are my fave. But as i said I have fitteds for Alex to contain the explosive BF pooh :haha:

Well I've ordered two cheap pocket cloth nappies and a Itti bitti d'lish snap in one! Only took me 3 hours to decide :haha: think I get it all now it's just all the brands and different names inserts/liners/nappy/wrap/cover/booster

If I need some extra absorbency I can just purchase some fleece and cut it up to make liners etc. Now I need a nappy bin. Also picked up a tip for sloppy poo - hold it in the loo and flush :thumbup: saves me rinsing in the sink :haha:

You can buy additional mini boosters for ittis. Or you can make your own stuff from terrys, prefolds etc., There are loads of different laterials/boosters you can use. Fleece is more for lining and catching the pooh and keeping their bum dry and breathing. I bought a blanket from primark and cut my own up :thumbup: You really will get the hang of it in no time. I did and I was absolutely clueless at first!

Quick point - dont use fabric softener when washing. Some people use Bold 2 in 1 as it doesnt cause build up, some use non bio and some soap nuts (which I use and are so cheap and easy!) with a little essential oils and sometimes soda crystals thrown in. Depends on your water hardness, and how you like to wash etc. :wacko:

I got some cushies :) I got Ladybird (Pip got) Bee, giraffe, dude.

Go have a look at www.weenotions.co.uk :haha:

I have spent soooo much money OH is not pleased!

I have spent £400 on both babies (after swapping and selling - was alot more!) but have decucted the £190 HIP grant and £25 council incentive so about £200 really. Oh and remember local councils give you c ash back for reusable nappies so save your receipts and get a claim in! I got 25 some do 50 etc.... :)

Bear in mind an average baby over 2 years will use between £200 and £700 pounds of nappies depending on brand, how often changed etc x

evening ladies, Wow i am exhausted Oscar hasnt slept in days for some reaosn so i am doig the super nanny trick putting him back to bed and sitting outside the door but to no avial percervering but gosh its knackering keep saying to myself "I will not be beaten by a 1 year old lol".

How is every 1 ??, Wow pregnancies on here progressing real quick now 99 days for some big congrats :), I have 1 month left exactly i think so getting real real close . xxx

I think you will go at 37 and a half weeks Gemma :)

OMG!! 2 days of nappy chat ive missed :(

Ive got sooo much research to do - now im confused with ittzys, and bittzis and inners lol!

Hope u girls dont have too much snow - quite a bit here

happy 26 weeks lou and 16 weeks claire!!

xxxx

Ok so if I need more absorbency I need to buy boosters the fleece liner I can cut up from blankets and that's to catch poopie!

Do you use non bio AND soap nuts with essential oils and soda? I think I'm going to have to have a wet/dry pail as ella's poop is so soft and I will probably need to rinse them off before putting in pail. I've ordered a trial of soap nuts :)

It's getting me all excited I want them to get here so I can play and see if Ella likes them!

Thanks Hun :flower: :hugs:

I know we will save money using these cloth bums we don't have to often change Ella now so a good time to start before faith gets here to get in the swing. I remember spending a fortune when she was younger though! Will need a disposable for occasional use I think but if I can use the cloth nappies the majority of the time will defo save loads plus some homemade wipes and I'm a super saving machine :) x

Ooo I'm 22 weeks :) 18 weeks to go! :happydance:

Gemma try and just look at nappies rather than read loads I found that easier people use sooo many different words :dohh: on the wee notions website there is quite a good bit of info :)

All these nappies I'm buying for Ella will fit faith in a couple years :D and maybe baby number three lol

Xx

Happy 26 weeks! 4 more until the big 30 then single figure countdown in weeks :shock:

I'm waiting for my 24 week viability target, then 99 days to go, then 30 weeks then 32 weeks maternity leave then 37 weeks full term then DD! Eeeek! Got loads to go :rofl:

X

I love this thread. :lol:

:lol: me too!

OMG!! 2 days of nappy chat ive missed :(

Ive got sooo much research to do - now im confused with ittzys, and bittzis and inners lol!

Hope u girls dont have too much snow - quite a bit here

happy 26 weeks lou and 16 weeks claire!!

xxxx

Not too much here but a few miles down the road my sis has alot. Turning to rain a bit now!

Ok so if I need more absorbency I need to buy boosters the fleece liner I can cut up from blankets and that's to catch poopie!

Do you use non bio AND soap nuts with essential oils and soda? I think I'm going to have to have a wet/dry pail as ella's poop is so soft and I will probably need to rinse them off before putting in pail. I've ordered a trial of soap nuts :)

It's getting me all excited I want them to get here so I can play and see if Ella likes them!

Thanks Hun :flower: :hugs:

I know we will save money using these cloth bums we don't have to often change Ella now so a good time to start before faith gets here to get in the swing. I remember spending a fortune when she was younger though! Will need a disposable for occasional use I think but if I can use the cloth nappies the majority of the time will defo save loads plus some homemade wipes and I'm a super saving machine :) x

:thumbup: yes and I just think I can sell them after so I have saved loads! Yes fleece is for pooh catching so nappy doesnt stain and keeping bums dry,. When they pooh you flick the pooh in the toilet and it comes straight of the fleece its brill

Happy 22 weeks! I'm 26 - eeeek! :D

Happy 26 weeks hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"