2009 March Mummies

The leaky tots bots was weird - it was soaked through - even through the waterproof layer!? (It was an easyfit v1. so shouldn't need a wrap - right?)

How long do you leave the nappies on Debz? Poo or wee leaking?

Good luck with the rocking! I don't think he will be much longer! Yay!

X

Through the waterproof layer?! I haven't tried mine yet so can't comment! Maybe it needs a few more washes? I think mine is a V2?

it was on an hour tops, only wee. Was a pre-loved that seems to have had lots of washes :shrug: have the one I bought new on now so will see what happens! Wondering if the pre-loved has come to the end of it's waterproof life? :shrug:

Debz a couple of my wraps are coming to the end of there life but it doesn't soak through the waterproof, more just a bit of wicking round the legs where the stitching has come away and the elastic no longer meets the plastic

Hmmm I dunno?! Maybe? Does it look really worn? Have you sorted poo catching? Does abbie have soft poo too? I got liners from mothercare but haven't used them yet. X

She didn't sit in something?

Anyone elses toddler LOVE water/liquid to the point they spill it everywhere and then splash around in it? :dohh: driving me mad! Popped downstairs to get some carrot sticks and humous and when I came up we had strawberry milk all over the tv cabinet/tv and Ella splashing in it - bad times! X

I have no idea what was going on with it. it was absolutely soaked all over.

M got the poopie one yesterday - not had one yet today! :lol: She has soft poo when she's teething usually.

That was my first thought too Katie but she was in her bed and hadn't access to anything to spill. Who knows! Will give that one another go tomorrow and see what happens!

and yep - abbie loves to pour left-over water/juice/milk all over herself and everything around her. :dohh:

got an update for u all, before i have a sleep :sleep:

i got really really hot and couldnt get my temperature down, felt like i couldnt walk etc; so phoned the emrgency gp, and they asked me to come straight out to them, on the phone they said it sounds more like a strain of flu to chest infection, but to not be shocked if they were prepared for me when i got there.

so i got in the car, the kids in the bacl and a neighbour jumped in to sit in the car with them as i knew woiuldnt be long they are pritty quick at out of hours gp.

arrive and was oimmediately moved to a different building everyone had masks on and they put one on me. :blush:
got seen straight away and she confirmed theres no rpoblem with my chest that its clear, throat doesnt look good, and the bronw flem shows infection, she got onto gp records and i didnt have combined swine.seasonal flu jab- only one strain, and the fucking stupid practice nurse hasnt marked it up correctly so gp cant guarantee i was given one or the other, though i was there for the purpose of swine flu jab only. :coffee:
my temp was 38.9 by the time i got there but had had paracetamol 45 ish minutes before, she wasnt happy about it and hiven me paracetamol for 5 days, to take 2 every 4 hours wether i feel fine or not. got to check temp every hour, and if it reaches 39.1 for more than 30 mins to go straight to hospital, (said its a ghuge problem for the baby if my temp goes up that high while run down.) i also have tami flu and antibiotics as she wants to treat me for both strains of flu incase i had the wrong jab. told to stay home for minimum of 4 days, got to ring mw first thing as have app this week. also kids all showing signs tho no temp and just coughing at mo , theyve got to be taken by dh in the morning. and off school till friday. :dohh: dh has managed to get morning off tomorrow but he cant get anymore time off this week, so its me and the kids by the looks.

not worried about me, but petrified about bubs, not felt him move today so going to get an ice cold drink and hope he wriggles for mummy :cry::cry:

Other thought debz is the washing powder the other person washed it in, you could try doing a strip wash (never use fabric conditioner with nappies) put your non bio in as usual and do a normal wash but then put it on extra rinses, I put it on 5 and then check to make sure you can see no bubbles put it on a few more if you do. then spin and dry as usual. Everybody strip washes in a different way but the principle is the same it's to strip it of a detergent build up, some people use vinegar however tot bots clearly state on there website not to use this with there products as it damages the bamboo :)

Omg pip sorry we posted at the same time :hugs: thinking of you :hugs: get better soon

Pip thinking of you sweetie :hugs:

(lol @ willy in back comments!)

Thanks for comments regarding bens eating girlies - gonna do a spaghetti carbonara for tea see how that goes and hiding all the goodies.

Cant remember what else everyone has said in last 24 hours lol but have fun today Jade, and hope ur feeling better Cath. Ive yet to do this nappy business, so tied up lately with the nappy cakes etc but I WILL do it lol!

xxxx

Oh Pip!! That's scary stuff... hope little man kicks for you!! Let us know how you get on and what the midwife says!!

:hugs: and stay wrapped up warm!! bless ya hun!!

Gem, ta honey and good luck with tea!!

Ironing pile awaits.... and one last thing... is it possible to love and hate google all at one time?? :) Too much info on things you're not interested in and never enough info on things you are interested in!

Chat a bit later!!

Cath xxx

thanks girls, cath stripped off at the mo, im lie a sweaty beast , going to ahve alie down if it lasts long xx

it was on an hour tops, only wee. Was a pre-loved that seems to have had lots of washes :shrug: have the one I bought new on now so will see what happens! Wondering if the pre-loved has come to the end of it's waterproof life? :shrug:

It may need a strip wash hun? Have you heard of that? wash powder build up can sometimes cause this xx

Oops just saw Claires strip wash post. :dohh:

:hugs: Pip :(

We went Sherwood forest and Caine spoilt it with the biggest paddy! I am so f***ing pissed off with him and everything :(

:hugs: jade, not keeping up much girls here just about cos i cant sleep, xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->