2009 March Mummies

:hugs: Jade :grr: to hv

:hugs: Claire with the dog and little Jack

:hugs: Debz and :) to OH!

:hugs: to anyone else who's not a good few days!

Lovely piccy Gemma!!!!! So adorable!!!!

Hope the packing etc and countdown is going well Katie

Jo hope you are having a good 'feeling' day :)

Good luck that pressie Caz! :thumbup:

Sorry if ive missed anything!
x

Happy 31 weeks Lucy
Happy 21 weeks Claire
Happy 6 weeks Alexander
Happy 27 weeks me!

10 weeks until I have a fully cooked baby! :happydance:

Just found my husband asleep on the kitchen floor in his pants :dohh: obviously couldn't make it up to the front room :rofl: this hangover is guna hurt! :haha:

X

Shit, I forgot we level up today!! :shock:

I plan to co-sleep again Jade, but am not bothering to tell the HV this time. I don't need the added aggro, I know how to do it safely, and frankly, I don't have to justify my parenting decisions to a withering old hag who looks like she lost the ability to breed in the Dark Ages.

My mum is here, and her dongs are running wild.

Am going to convert Alex's bed today, but how do I keep him in it? Am I just going to have to keep putting him back, or is there a motherly secret I don't know about? How come all your babies are so blinkin' obedient?? What am I doing wrong?! :lol:

He is up in bed now lol I'll let him off as it's his birthday. And it's quite funny! Wish I'd taken a picture now :haha: will get one of him later when he attempts to sit upright!

X

Lucy, no secret just don't let him win and within a week or two you'll have cracked it and he'll stay there

Pmsl Lucy!

Love your theory on HV. is that why they say not to co-sleep? Safety? What do they think your going to do use him as your dribble pillow?! I thought it reduced the chance of SIDS?

Yes level up day! 6 weeks til your term now :happydance: can't wait for another newborn/birth story x

I am lazy at the moment, and I confess, I am not thrilled at the thought of returning him to bed fifty times over! He cam scale baby gates if he can't open them. Bless him, he was so proud of himself when he got out yesterday. The triumphant little patter of feet, and "Mummy - haha! Here I am!" made me simultaneously want to cry ("Oh my God, this is the beginning of the end!") and melted my heart (it was quite cute!!)

The co-sleeping thing is due to safety I think yes, but also because HV - in my experience - all seem to share this theory that if you keep your child close, they will become clingy. I can vouch for the fact that that simply isn't true. I wish Alex would stay close, but he's the most confident, outgoing little boy ever! Anyway, we don't smoke or drink or anything, and millions of people all over the world co-sleep safely, so I am going to be a lot more assertive in my decision making this time!! :lol:

Quote of the day yesterday:

My mum: Oooh, your bump is tiny!
Me: Thanks - I've put on 2 and a half stone though....
My mum: Well, that's spread out all over your face and hips and bum, but not your bump! Your bump is tiny.
Me: Yeah. Thanks.

:hugs: to all that need em.

Tell the crappy HVs to feck off. I never see mine. :shrug: When I do she never says much. She's an old school one though (she was my mums HV when I was small!) and gives the advice she's been told to, but also told me I knew what was best for my own baby.

Tell your mum to feck off too Lu. Or at least to play nice, else you'll set her own mental dongs (er, dogs) on her.

:hugs: everyone!

Ooops lucy!!!

:rofl: at oh Katie

Happy 27 weeks Katie, Happy 31 weeks Lucy, Happy 21 weeks Claire, Happy 6 weeks Alexander!!!!

:D

x

:hugs:hi lovely ladies how are we all today ? :wave:
im feeling like poop lol i got jacobs cold :cry: supposed to be going out tonight as well :cry:
lol at your hubby katie get the camera out :winkwink:
jade i agree with katie about hv , my hv wen i ad jacob was so young , there supposed to help not make you feel like that , the thing is they go by guide lines i alway say mum knows best so carry on as you are :flower: you doing a great job :thumbup:
lou :hugs: dont listen to your mum i bet you got a lovely bump :hugs:
any one else i missed sorry its a rushed post whille jacobs sat watching mr tumbles lol

Yep co sleeping is fine if you are careful and not an idiot about it I believe.

Gemma - Caine is a sod with Alex, sometimes I look at Caine and I am so mad with him I cant look at him..... he is that bad sometimes :(

oohjust seen this on mse thought id c&p

I was in mothercare today and found several packs of tots bots pocket-style nappies (5 nappies per pack) for £18 each - reduced from £59.99!
Apparently they're selling them off as other goods are taking priority on the shop-floor (or something).

A real bargain if you are using/planning to use washable nappies.

I want!!!!!!!!!! I always miss the bargains :(

Happy 31 weeks Lucy
Happy 21 weeks Claire
Happy 6 weeks Alexander
Happy 27 weeks me!

10 weeks until I have a fully cooked baby! :happydance:

Just found my husband asleep on the kitchen floor in his pants :dohh: obviously couldn't make it up to the front room :rofl: this hangover is guna hurt! :haha:

X

Happy 6 weeks to my baby!

Katie thats so funny :rofl:

Happy 21, 27 weeks you two!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g