2009 March Mummies

We did something similar with Ella pip, bedtime was bedtime no fussing, she was fed changed and put down at night and for her main nap. For the other snoozes in the day she slept where she fell asleep. But bedtime and lunchtime naps were done in bed on her own and she has been good with sleeping. Teething or illness stuffs it up but that's it really :D

yup exactly same as number 2 and 3 for us, chloe was just stupidly spoilt and everyone did wat they wanted never ever again lol.

We'll co-sleep with this one too... I just need for Alex to be in his own bed again so there's enough room!! I can't cope with reduced sleep. When Alex was feeding 6 times a night, I was a zombie - co-sleeping was the only way I could rest properly! Plus, I love it :cloud9:

I totally agree! But then its hard to get em out your bed :rofl:
Its just so much easier when breastfeeding i think. Alex spends half of night in cot/basket then in with me.

Oh god all this talk of choc is pissing me off. Not fair I need a nice treat and am starving. Eating a bloody muller light! One good thing about being preg - stuff face every day :D

i kind of wish she was 9 months she was about 3 days old if i remember right. she was so quiet inbetween feeds and wud just latch herself on i must have moved arm and rolled over

Alex wouldn't sleep anywhere but my chest until he was three weeks old :wacko: I'm hoping this one might be slightly more willing to be put down once in a while!

Caine too, and ALex is soooo different! But OI agree with pip, I spoilt Caine in that way and made a rod for my own back. Now with co cleeping but with holding him constantly and picking him up with slightest murmur etc.... not with Alex and he is sooooo good! Yeah he cries to be picked up because he is a newborn but its different i think when they know what they are doing! I am definately trying to put him down awake more or drowsy, rather than nurse to sleep or rock...

Lucy.... Good luck :haha:

I couldn't cope with Ella in my bed and trying to look after a newborn! Ella would wake up then not go back to sleep and I would end up having a breakdown lol! I can't function with no sleep!

I think hubby and I will do shift work with them. Daddy in charge from 8pm until 2am then me 2am until 8am then a free for all unless daddy is at work lol x

Sounds good! My OH is very good but its winter so work is not great, summer will be different . Alex has been good though from the start knowing night from day. He pretty much sleeps from 8pm at night until morning and then a morning nap (obviously feeding every 3 hours). Last night was a mare but he had wind and was screaming house down. OH went and got in with Caine as he had work at 7 and was using a chain saw so knackered. He has offered to get up in night with Alex and give him expressed milk but I dont mind as its easier for me really to just get my boob out. I understand its harder with formula but they prob do sleep for longer periods? I would rather save up for my night off in March then reallllllly have a lie in :D

i dont rock i remember the endless nights up with chloe rocking swaying almost ot the point of wanting to shake her lmfao, she was a huge nightmare. if they ever really wouldnt settle dh would take over my side of the bed and rock swinging crib with his foot :lol: but that wasnt often, i swear by putting them down and walking away awake or not and letting cry if i know theres nothing wrong, god i feel like a bad mummy now :lol: xx

i dont rock i remember the endless nights up with chloe rocking swaying almost ot the point of wanting to shake her lmfao, she was a huge nightmare. if they ever really wouldnt settle dh would take over my side of the bed and rock swinging crib with his foot :lol: but that wasnt often, i swear by putting them down and walking away awake or not and letting cry if i know theres nothing wrong, god i feel like a bad mummy now :lol: xx

grr double post, when ive ff jade they sleep from about 10pm till 5-6am easy which is truly a godsend with school runs, i have to take the girls no matter how tired i am and it was so hard when sienna was a baby i really did make myself ill with it all. ive never wanted to ff more this time, though all the bf success about makes me remeber all the good times too :cloud9:

Caine was so bad and wouldnt sleep unless being held up until about 19/20 months, we could never put him to bed with out laying with him he wouldnt sleep in the buggy or anywhere other than in bed (ours) or our arms, then we just had to let him cry a few nights in big boys bed and now he is ok.

least its finally sorted hun and Alexander seems to have a fab routine,im looking at cot mobiles and thinking oh they look so pritty ( got rid of siennas was pink):lol: but none of mine took much notice and chloe id put it on and have to put it back on good 25 times ina row, was tidious

:wave:

we never had a big fuss at bedtime either - missy was like her mummy and LOVED her bed from day one :haha: it's only recently (since "big girl bed") that she's asked for a story before she lies down.

Jade - got the itti today :dance: thank you! oh, and what do you wash em in? it smelt lush! (no i wasn't sniffing it deliberately, but could smell something yum as soon as i opened the package!)

:wave: im not catching up with everything so ill just :hug: to those that need them

Thanks girlies Oscar seems a bit better with his finger its horrid black but can move it a little now, His chest is still bad but had his inhaler well today so sleeping ok at the moment in his own bed aaaaaa men .

Corey is a little dazzler, Still never wakes unless its for a feed and takes 30 mins then straight back down .

Hope every ones poorly babys get better soon sooo many bugs going around at the moment, And big happy 4 weeks cath :) xxxx

Lottie was always a good sleeper for me! So I was very lucky! but we learnt to let her put herself to sleep from an early age! :D It worked wonders for us! x

Thanks Gemma... so pleased that Oscar's doing a bit better! Corey sounds like a dream!

Morning everyone else!! :D x

morning. i want to go back to sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"