• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2013 Brides to be

horseypants

Reaction score
MaskedKitteh 16th February 2013
MummyToAmberx 13rd March 2013
Snuggles21 6th April 2013
wishuwerehere 13th April 2013
JessdueJan 27th April 2013
perfect plan 25th May 2013
Millies.Mummy 14th June 2013
Lauren25 15th June 2013
Kerlouet 5th October 2013
mysteriouseye 19th October 2013
Horseypants 18th January 2014

:wedding:

Original Post: Hello ladies! I haven't set the date quite yet, but it will be sometime in 2013 so here we go with a fresh thread. Join me and lets talk bridestuff. I'm so excited.

So far, I am deciding between either the Church at my University in California or one in San Francisco. When I set the date, it will all quickly become clear. I've done a ton of day dreaming so far and written lists and read magazines - that sort of thing. DF and I even watched a Martha Stewart Wedding video together a month or two back. (Heh. I can not recommend the one we saw ;) DF didn't even make it through the whole thing.)

The things I am not looking forward to are finding a dress that looks good on me and all the weight I will have to lose before I even feel comfortable trying. I figure a good first step is to give wedding dress exploraton one more shot to find anything I can imagine myself in on my big day *if* I'm at my present weight. With the pressure off, I actually think I'll be happier and properly motivated to exercise more and eat less.

More things to look forward to!!
Flowers
Jewelry
Shoes
Clutch

I'm asking friends to do the flowers and photography and my mom will be doing my hair. The woman is a professional too! The plan is for my little sister to be Maid of Honor and for OH to have at least a couple of his friends in the bridal party as well. Flower girl and ring bearer remain to be decided. It's hard to say for sure on a lot of things 'till we've set the date and the wheels are truly in motion.

Oh, was thinking about having ice cream outside the church, after the ceremony. Now that coupled with some prior weightloss and we are golden lol. Tell me everything there is to know about your wedding plans. <3

Update: We've set the date!!!!!!!!!
January 18th, 2014 in San Francisco, California

Heeeyyyy ill join you :)
We are getting married 15th June 2013!
I've got a 19 month old and I'm due baby number 2 end of January so I am well on my way with sorting everything out as I'm trying to get as much as I can out of the way so I don't have to do it with 2 babies :haha:

The next thing on my list is sorting the flowers which I'm going to do on Saturday :)

Everything's all in my journal if you want to have a look, you should deffo start one :)

Lauren, you lucky ducky! You will have your babies there on your big day. <3 Ooooh, grace this thread with a photograph of Lauren's Wedding themed flowers please! My big plan is to start a journal the day I make the date. Off to join your journal now. I think your date sounds beautiful. Yes, that's right, just the date is is pretty enough. My birthday is June 1, so I will try to make our Wedding date at least a month removed.

hi, i'll join too!
we get married 6th April 2013 not long to go now!
got quite alot sorted now(made my invites last nite :D) still got a few bits to do, favours, suits for the groom and best man, oh...and i need a new dress - bought it in my wisdom last summer thinking "ah got loads of time to lose weight and slim in to it" but i still haven't managed it! lol
cant wait now seems real now that its getting close! :D

Oo can I join :)

I'm getting married 27th April 2013, so only a little over 5months to go!
We're getting married in a church, the one LO was christened in, it's the oldest church in town and very pretty. Then having a very relaxed affair afterwards. Service isn't until 4pm so then it's straight on to the evenin do where there will be a hot buffet for everyone, no arranged table plans or anything just sit where you fancy. There will be a top table in place but mainly just as a focal point as with no sit down meal it won't really be needed as such.

Have booked DJ and the lighting effects for the room and my dad ha treat me to a starlit white Dancefloor which I am beyond excited about, it looks so pretty!

Just booked photographer yesterday too :)

Next on my list is invites!

Ooh i will get in on the festivities too then!

Im getting married on the 25th of May so 6 months to go! So far i have ordered my dress which my mum is kindly paying for, i have booked the reception venue and the church, i managed to get a great bargain on ebay for the adult bridesmaid dresses 30 quid each!, i have booked the florist although i need to lower the price somehow because 650 pounds on flowers that will die is not the way i want to go!

I am currently making my wedding invitations, so they should be ready to go in january. I just need to sort out the flowers girls dresses closer to the time and sort out the wedding cars

I'm joining too :) Our date is 5th October 2013 a year to the day we got engaged :) I think I may start a journal.. I love reading all your journals :)

Welcome, new ladies, I've updated the first page with our list of dates.

I took my mom to see the church and a possible spot for the reception yesterday and it was magical - a perfect day! <3

Hi!
I'm Alice and I'll be getting married on 16th Feb 2013. Very close now!!

Thanks! I'm so mega excited!! My mum is handmaking my dress for me. Dad is sorting the reception as we speak. Eep!!

I came up with a San Francisco plan, complete with estimated prices for everything. Next, a tentative plan for Santa Clara - and then I actually decide and set the date. You guys are all a bit farther along in planning. Post pictures! What are you all doing for Bridal Party gifts and guest favours? I had set aside only a couple dollars for the guest favors. Can I get away with that? Also, how much are you spending on the cake and flowers? I wanna see if the budget I came up with is realistic.

Bridal party gifts we have got earrings and bracelets for our bridesmaids!
Our best man and ushers are either having engraved hip flasks or an engraved glass!
Our parents we're really not sure and we'd like to get a little extra thank you for our MOH and Best Man but again not sure what!

Favours we are doing scratch cards so they are £1 each and then we've got nice little card wallets for them to go in which were about £4 for a pack of 10! Then the children we are doing little favour boxes with chocolate hearts in!

Our wedding cake we are having a cupcake cake with a top tier! We are buying the top tier from Marks and Spencer's which is £16 and the cupcakes are £13 for 12 from Waitrose and our cake stand cost us £25 from EBay!

Flowers are costing around £350 and that's are -
- Brides Bouquet
- 4 bridesmaids bouquets
- 8 buttonholes
- pageboy buttonhole
- 2 ladies corsages
- 2 tall ceremony arrangements
- low lie arrangement for registrar table

But I thought that was really good, I went to one florist that quoted me over £800!

I'm guessing my amounts won't really mean much to you though in GBP :)

no, that all helps give me an idea. sounds like i estimated low on the favours and gifts - and i didnt even think about getting our parents anything!

Hi everyone! I'm Holly, and I'm getting married on the 11th of April 2013 (yes that's a Thursday...)
I've been engaged for 17 months so I'm actually mostly organised :) I'm getting married on a Thursday as our wedding is basically one fairly long family holiday and everyone's taking time off work so we figured we'd do it mid week and make it cheaper!
This is our venue: https://www.holnepark.co.uk/weddings/gallery
Last weekend we picked out our wedding breakfast menu - bangers and mash and sparkling cider as a toast drink, yum yum!
My mum is making my dress and I'm going bridesmaid dress hopping in the January sales (I love a bargain :p)
The main things I need to sort out are silk flowers (me and my hubby to be both have horrendous hayfever and want nothing less than evil pollen spoiling our big day!) sweet jars and vintage sweets (we're using these to make centrepieces) and other decorative stuff. I'm getting a MAC make up lesson for Christmas so I'll do my own make up, i've found a hairdresser...it's all coming together eep!

Hi Holly, I love the venue and your overall plan. Are you doing a breakfast before the ceremony? Revolutionary! Will you please post pics of the dress as it is being made? Don't break any wedding rules or anything but I would LOVE to see <3

I've added your date to the first post!

Sadly not revolutionary - for some reason the caterers call lunch after the wedding a wedding breakfast..?
I'll see if I can get some pics next time i go to my mums. Currently I have only tried on the prototype she made out of a bedsheet lol...she was like 'I'm not wasting any satin faffing around with seam allowances!' so that was an amusing afternoon...

oh my goodness, i want to see your dress being made!

I'll be sure to take in progress pics for you guys!

Good news here is that the venue for the reception is booked :D my dad has really come through for us and is being awesome with the wedding!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->