**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Unfortunately if you're going by the ramzi theory (where placenta implants determines gender theory) it only works between 6-8 weeks because after that the placenta moves. Super cute bub though :thumbup:

I didn't know there even was a placenta yet then, I thought it was only the yolk sac! I know (very generally) what the Ramzi theory is, but I don't remember which side is supposed to be which gender.

The placenta starts forming the same time the baby does. It just isn't fubctional until weeks later that's why the yolk sac is there. It is used until the placenta is fully formed.

In other news and healthy eating, I'm so proud of myself. Spaghetti night for dinner and what did I have? 3 bowls of salad. It was soooo good. Don't even know why lol. Of course i doused it in thousand island dressing. Yummmmm. Now im struggling to eat the spaghetti lol.

Such s cute scan queso. Almost looks like he's trying to get some early thumb sucking going on? ;)
We watched dd suck her thumb at 16 weeks during a private ultrasound. It was crazy.

I've been away over Christmas and New Year and just haven't had a chance to pop in to see how you are all doing.

So sorry to see we've had a few angels.

As for me, I've been mostly just tired and feeling a little sick in the evenings. I had some spotting at 7 weeks (just as we left for our holiday) and ended up going to the ER to get checked out (I had spotting with #1 as well, just not as much). Saw that everything was ok, dates were spot on and a little jellybean in there with a heart rate of about 160bpm! I was so relieved. The spotting continued until this Tuesday just gone when I saw my Obs at my scheduled appointment. She checked me out and said that just looked like left over IB and irritated cervix. Also saw bubs on her scan, still going along nicely. My 12 week scan (although I'll be 13 weeks by then) is booked for 7th Feb and I can't wait.

I hope everyone is travelling along ok.

x

With you wonders- haven't gained anything yet but feeling so large in the tum and the bbs. Bizarre.
Love it mrs. Eddie. Can we talk lunch ideas? Prepregnancy I was always a turkey sandwich girl (easy cause dd loves turkey too). Now I'm struggling to figure out what to eat. Share her chicken nuggets? :(

I like to take veggies and fruits for snacks throughout the day to try and keep myself fullish and not eat garbage, (though I did eat some Sun Chips yesterday):blush:. Vegetables and Hummus are very yummy. For lunch, things like salad with hard boiled eggs or cooked chicken or tuna, you could have sandwiches without the turkey (ie cheese and vegetables). I would totally eat chicken nuggets/chicken fingers, just about any time of the day really :dohh: You can also put different stuff in wraps and see if anything is appealing? Maybe try different kinds of soup? I usually take left overs from dinner for lunch so am probably not much help :winkwink:

Nice scan pic, queenqueso!!

I just get worried about my ms easing up so soon. It lasted full on until 14 weeks with dd. I'm just having food aversions today. I think all these losses our group is experiencing is really scaring me.

I'm a bit scared also Greats, still have symptoms but the losses also freak me out and I have my scan on Saturday. I remember the same thing happening with our group last time, this is unfortunately the time when a lot of angels enter the group sadly. I'm trying to stay positive though; do you have a scan anytime soon?

And congrats on a great scan Queen Queso!

Nice scan pic, queenqueso!!

I just get worried about my ms easing up so soon. It lasted full on until 14 weeks with dd. I'm just having food aversions today. I think all these losses our group is experiencing is really scaring me.

I'm a bit scared also Greats, still have symptoms but the losses also freak me out and I have my scan on Saturday. I remember the same thing happening with our group last time, this is unfortunately the time when a lot of angels enter the group sadly. I'm trying to stay positive though; do you have a scan anytime soon?

And congrats on a great scan Queen Queso!

I agree. These losses have me scared as well. Especially since I couldn't find bub a couple nights ago on the doppler. I skipped the next night and then found it easily last night so that made me feel much better. My ms has been better. I seem to only get nauseous now when I'm hungry or after I eat. I'm sleeping better too, though that may be the Benadryl talking lol.

Kylas, around 10 or 11 weeks is when I started feeling better with Isla too so try not to worry. The placenta is starting to do it's job and take some of the burden off you. :thumbup:

Kylas, around 10 or 11 weeks is when I started feeling better with Isla too so try not to worry. The placenta is starting to do it's job and take some of the burden off you. :thumbup:

That's what I was thinking so I was trying not to worry. Definitely helped to hear the heartbeat last night. Reassures me the baby is okay. I'm glad the symptoms are easing up, but it's worrying at the same time.

Go placenta go! Haha

2 weeks until my 12 week ultrasound!! Can't wait to see baby looking like a real baby!
And 4-7 days until my panorama results are in!

Wore jeans today...had to break out the hair tie trick because even though they buttoned, it was really uncomfortable. So strange how I can be bigger but only up 1 pound since getting my bfp.

I think I just keep comparing my last pregnancy to this one expecting them to be the same when usually pregnancies vary.

I have my 12 week ultrasound on the 20th so less than 2 weeks!

I haven't been able to fit into my jeans since 6 weeks. I put them away until next winter lol

Still no ms today, so naturally I'm driving myself crazy haha but my boobs are still a lil sore on the bottom if I press them so at least I have that lol

I'm sleeping better too, though that may be the Benadryl talking lol.
Ha maybe Benadryl is what I need to try. I've tried Unisom the past couple of nights and nada. Well not quite nada, just that I feel drowsy and lay down but then just lay awake in a drowsy state for hours until it wears off and then go back to being wide awake (like I am now at 7am).

I also want to kick DH for letting our place become an unsanitary sty since I've been so sick. I went into the kitchen for a drink of water and wanted to cry! Holy crap it was so incredibly disgusting in there! :cry: Seeing that has made my depression worse since I can't do a darn thing about it! I can hardly stand upright right now!

I'm sleeping better too, though that may be the Benadryl talking lol.
Ha maybe Benadryl is what I need to try. I've tried Unisom the past couple of nights and nada. Well not quite nada, just that I feel drowsy and lay down but then just lay awake in a drowsy state for hours until it wears off and then go back to being wide awake (like I am now at 7am).

I also want to kick DH for letting our place become an unsanitary sty since I've been so sick. I went into the kitchen for a drink of water and wanted to cry! Holy crap it was so incredibly disgusting in there! :cry: Seeing that has made my depression worse since I can't do a darn thing about it! I can hardly stand upright right now!

I got really mad at my dh this weekend about the same thing, between my ms and head cold, I couldn't keep up so we had a talk and dh spent all Sunday cleaning and disinfecting.

I honestly think sometimes DH's just don't get how crappy you feel during the majority of the first tri. I had a talk with mine last night too about helping more with Isla's nighttime routine as I am just so tired by the time she goes to bed. He is good about helping around the house but I've still been doing a fair bit as well; though this past week it's been tough to motivate myself to do anything...

That's what I was thinking so I was trying not to worry. Definitely helped to hear the heartbeat last night. Reassures me the baby is okay. I'm glad the symptoms are easing up, but it's worrying at the same time.

Go placenta go! Haha

2 weeks until my 12 week ultrasound!! Can't wait to see baby looking like a real baby!
And 4-7 days until my panorama results are in!

Ladies, I am 10 weeks 2 days and this morning when I woke up my boobs were not really sore at all, as opposed to aching and throbbing like they have been. And I only got up to pee 4-5 times last night which is an improvement! So you're not the only ones with fading symptoms around the 10 week mark.

I had fading symptoms but then they came back again.

Sorry ladies I haven't been keeping up to date here because of my studys. But my assignment is in so no stress for another month!

I wish the uk did tests like America. We generally only get test for downs at the 12 week scan.

There is a new blood test in the uk that can determine if your baby could be still born, and with already having one still born I'm hoping they will test me. That was they will know they can't mess about when it comes to inducing me this time.

Eek I have my scan next week!! Sooo looking forward too it hehe.
Hope your all ok xx

Yeah they really don't have a clue even when you're right there with awful symptoms. :dohh:

DH has a terrible habit of slacking off if I'm not on his case 24/7. With my chronic pain issues there's stuff he's always had to do, but still I have to bitch and nag at him to do it. Even then he'll put it off until things get so unsanitary I sometimes have to do it myself (and end up hurting myself in the process). It's SO mentally exhausting on a good day and you think he would have learned by now what he's doing is unacceptable.

I'll have yet another talk with him, but I know he'll go right back to slacking off again. MEN. UGH.

So I got my wish... nausea is slowly starting to return. I'm babysitting today and didn't realize I hadn't eaten much until I started dry heaving.

Thanks for listening to all of my ridiculous ramblings, ladies! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"