**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Mumanddad try not to worry although I know it's so hard. When I had my son I had one wave of sickness and that was all that verified I felt pregnant practically throughout the while thing Exocet for a few headaches I honestly didn't believe I was pregnant til I went to my 12 week scan.

NDH I'm so chuffed for you and understand completely your choices. I hope you manage to get your home birth there has been lots of issues huh? Your due date is codys birthday :)))
I agree scans are great for identifying issues etc but also in a way it misses a lot or presents problems that aren't even there. This is also the reason I have never had the downs test I have heard of someone that aborted their baby and when tests were done after baby was completely normal. And to me regardless of the condition which can't be changed i would continue with the pregnancy. Of course unless there was an issue that could be avoided which of course would present itself with physical symptoms.

I can't promise I will keep up with the fb page I have quite a busy life with 4 kids and working but will try my best and will just read a lot too and reply when I can but defo staying on here.

I have my MW booking in appt next Monday and will ask about an early scan then

Xxx

I must upload a pic of my bloat I feel big already worse once I've eaten

I am also willing to get passed 5+6 this is when I lost my baby. Although that of course doesn't verify everything is fine although you know it's a milestone

I'm sure all is OK MumandDad, at least you are being closely monitored throughout this pregnancy :hugs:

NDH, it was quite a surprise. I had a midwife and when she came to check me I was already complete (I had a fast labour). She told me we could go to hospital but I was having back labour and the thought of sitting in a car was horrid. So she told me to push once to see what would happen and then she was like, OK we're going to have a baby! My DH ran around like mad helping her get everything ready and then helped deliver Isla as the other midwife didn't make it in time. It was honestly an amazing experience. I felt wonderful after the birth and it was so nice being at home. People always ask me about the mess, (as I am a complete neat freak) but there was none, the midwives clean up everything.:thumbup:

I am also willing to get passed 5+6 this is when I lost my baby. Although that of course doesn't verify everything is fine although you know it's a milestone

Completely understand. My milestone is 8 weeks, we will probably see the baby around that time and if all is well then I feel that it will continue to be well for the rest of the pregnancy.

Completely understand. My milestone is 8 weeks, we will probably see the baby around that time and if all is well then I feel that it will continue to be well for the rest of the pregnancy.

We can only hope huh no point worrying throughout the whole pregnancy xx

Yay for your friend. So exciting for her to be at that point!

Sorry you're feeling nauseous :( when did it start? Was it like this when you had your other little one?
I had severe hypermesis (however the heck it's spelled lol) was throwing up 4-8x a day. It was awful. I haven't thrown up at all so far but I just have this constant nausea. Blehhhh.

Yes Greats! We're planning a babymoon 8-10 weeks before die date to Las Vegas. We have an annual car show we've been going to since 2007.

I took my best friend on her baby moon to Forks, wa when the first twilight movie came out. We had alot of fun.
Oooo I would love to visit Forks! I'm in love with all the twilight movies lol

Hi ladies, I'm tentatively joining you all with an August 28 due date. I wasn't sure f I wanted to wait for a September group as I usually gestate long or go with August, but hubby and I are Browncoats so the Fireflies totally drew me in :D

I was initially due in June but miscarried on the 20th of November at 10+3 and well, here I am again, 3 weeks and 4 days later. I tested out my hcg and today hd a faint line appear again.

This is my 5th pregnancy and will be my third baby. I'll be homebirthing and not seeing a Dr at all, or having any sans unless I feel there's actually a reason to. My daughter has been telling me for days that "there's a different boy baby" in my tummy so I'm going to guess a boy but will obviously be team :yellow: no having any scans.

I'm trying to read all the posts but have only gotten to page 50 :haha:
Hi, and welcome! :)

So I'm 6w1d today and no morning sickness so far (touch wood). I am 2 days past when I got sick last time....not much, but I'll take it lol. I notice I start to feel queezy after I eat dinner, around 6pm the last 2 nights, but I just make a peppermint tea and feel fine. I had that last time too, and dinners became my LEAST favourite meal. However, last night before I ate hubby gave me an acid reflux pill and it worked like a charm...didn't feel sick at all. SO fingers crossed I'll just do that every night.

I'm feeling good, still nervous, but good. BUT, I have a strong intuition that this is a boy. My heart aches for a girl, completely. All of my family agrees that I'd have a girl first, but this really feels like a boy. I don't know if it's still my mind mentally preparing me for the fact that it may be a boy (which I'd be very happy with btw), but I think it's just starting me early. LAst time I didn't have this strong of a feeling about the gender. I hoped it was a girl, but that's about it.

Does anyone else have strong, persistant feeling about gender? Part of me is sad, but I know that as long as it's healthy and we make it to the end, I will be just as thrilled <3
With my daughter I knew she was a girl from the moment I got my bfp. This time around, I have no clue! I keep switching back and forth.

Yeah my milestone was 6 weeks so my next one is 12.

Mumanddad try not to worry although I know it's so hard. When I had my son I had one wave of sickness and that was all that verified I felt pregnant practically throughout the while thing Exocet for a few headaches I honestly didn't believe I was pregnant til I went to my 12 week scan.

NDH I'm so chuffed for you and understand completely your choices. I hope you manage to get your home birth there has been lots of issues huh? Your due date is codys birthday :)))
I agree scans are great for identifying issues etc but also in a way it misses a lot or presents problems that aren't even there. This is also the reason I have never had the downs test I have heard of someone that aborted their baby and when tests were done after baby was completely normal. And to me regardless of the condition which can't be changed i would continue with the pregnancy. Of course unless there was an issue that could be avoided which of course would present itself with physical symptoms.

I can't promise I will keep up with the fb page I have quite a busy life with 4 kids and working but will try my best and will just read a lot too and reply when I can but defo staying on here.

I have my MW booking in appt next Monday and will ask about an early scan then

Xxx

I'm not overly worried but I am haha. With the boys I felt sick from 5 weeks till 15, extremely tired but I was working and headaches were bad.

I have a few waves or sicky feeling and the odd cramp but it is just slowing.
I keep saying this is my 4th pregnancy so my body knows what to do so maybe that's why I'm not getting loads of cramping ect x

Can't even finish my breakfast/lunch today. I feel so sick. Usually eating makes the nausea lessen, but not today. I think actually vomiting it just around the corner for me.

I am the same only mine is 8 weeks that's when I found out I MC

I've considered a home birth but I'm not 100% sure what I will do yet. I get my second ultrasound this week, but the first one was because of spotting and the next will be to check for a hb. I'd love to do research on different birthing styles. I know I'm definitely not doing an epidural.

I actually feel better today. I just have to keep food in me and keep active. I was able to find a reason to cancel our Xmas party so I feel better about that. I just didn't want to deal with being tired and having to hide that I'm pregnant with the absence of drinking.

My first prenatal appointment is tomorrow. I'm so excited but not to thrilled about them looking down there. I guess I need to get used to it.

I cancelled going to my Christmas party too. I just couldn't face coming in from work then going back out at 7pm in the cold and dark just to pretend to drink all night. Glad I did too as there was loads of free wine on the table and they were playing drinking games!

I went to the doctors 2 weeks ago today and today the midwife called me to arrange a time for my booking appointment! It's 29th December and I'll be 8 weeks.

Today I've felt more constantly nauseous than just waves and had my first dizzy spell too.
Also I noticed that while walking into work I was walking with a girl I know who walks really fast and I was struggling to keep up. I was breathless and it was making me feel sick trying to keep up so I just slowed down. I ran a marathon at the end of October i don't think my fitness can have deserted me already so I can't even manage a 10 min brisk walk!!

Totally got a strong feeling this is a girl. In addition to my spots and tired, washed out face i now have the biggest painful spot near my mouth and bloodshot eyes. Nice!

Jaspie I get winded with everything I do. I really didn't think much of it and until my babycenter app said it's a very common, early sign of pregnancy. I get short of breath even laying in bed.

My boss turned our office party into something it shouldn't be about so I'm glad we canceled. My coworker didn't want to go either.

We live in a third floor walk up! Carrying my 31 pound toddler up 3 flights of stairs feels like a full workout these days, lol!!

My milestone is my 12/13 week u/s. That's the one I found out that I'd lost the baby, so it was a really sad day for me. I'll be on edge until I get to take home the little picture of my babe this time. It will happen <3

I also cancelled my Christmas party. I love to host and am always looking for excuses to have people over, but I'm not up for faking it this time. I'd miss my wine too much lol.

I'm thinking about sushi tonight -- mmm, that may be my first craving yet. I'll skip the spicy salmon roll though (it's my fav), but still love all the others! :)

I can barely get up one flight of stairs in our house with just me, so I feel for you.

good grief just got off the phone with my mother. I was so emotional I was sure she would be able to tell. but thank goodness she just thought I was having a rough day.

how is everyone?

I get of breath very easily too. I've read that metabolically our bodies are doing more while we're sleeping than someone in the middle of a workout. So it's not surprising that when doing a little activity (ie. walking up stairs) we get out of breath easily.

I was doing hard workouts over the summer and lost nearly 40lbs and now I can't even walk on the treadmill for a bit. The 20minute walk with the dog is tolerate I feel so sick and out of breathe. Ugh

My milestone is my 12/13 week u/s. That's the one I found out that I'd lost the baby, so it was a really sad day for me. I'll be on edge until I get to take home the little picture of my babe this time. It will happen <3

I also cancelled my Christmas party. I love to host and am always looking for excuses to have people over, but I'm not up for faking it this time. I'd miss my wine too much lol.

I'm thinking about sushi tonight -- mmm, that may be my first craving yet. I'll skip the spicy salmon roll though (it's my fav), but still love all the others! :)

Omg sushi... I'm drooling right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->