2022 journal

The little football boots sound cute!

I'm glad the tablet arrived :)

I still have Zacs first pair, which were a child's 10 and they are tiny, these are a child's 8 so I can't wait to see how teeny they are :haha: I obviously didn't keep all his boots, especially after it became clear the others weren't interested but I kept the first ones and glad I did considering he's stuck with it. I said if/when he gets signed for his first professional club I'm going to have them mounted on some sort of plaque for him.
He's over the moon Reuben loves football though, he's always wanted a brother who wants to play. Nate likes it too now but doesn't want to play for a team just enough for a kick about in the park and to watch it/play fifa with him

Oh I bet they will be so dinky and adorable! :cloud9:

I'm almost done, got the socks and chocolates today so just need the gaming gift cards for the big 4

Reubens little boots arrived today. I'm just waiting for his kit, the snakes plant, and Jimi's Die-cast Lancaster bomber. The kit says due today but with the delays in Royal mail atm I'm not sure it'll get here just yet. The plant says it arrived from China and has been passed over to the royal mail so hopefully will be soon. The bomber says it left Poland on the 24th and hasn't updated since. I've questioned it and been told its due to the strikes. I didnt even know it was coming from abroad as it had such a quick delivery estimate.

I'm most concerned about his kit getting here. Tracking says its made it through customs. If the snakes plant doesn't arrive I'll just get a refund and get something else/leave it, and the Lancaster I can either request a refund and re-order, making sure I choose one that's filled by amazon, or explain to him that it's on its way just delayed and he can have it after Christmas

I hope you get the items! So annoying when they are so vague and delayed.
We have been having problems with deliveries too. Twice DPD said they tried to deliver something on days Nick was definitely home and they definitely DID NOT ring the door bell. It went back to the seller and I got a refund and reordered.
Another item they delivered somewhere completely differently. They took a pic of the bottom of the door but no idea where that is as we checked and it is not even in our street. I really wonder why the people who got my parcel did not bring it to us themselves. I would never do this!
So I reordered that item too and hopefully this time it will come to our door. So fed up with DPD!

Don't even talk to me about DPD. Honest I'm so over anything that has to be delivered. Next year I swear I'm doing it all in store!

I would too but I don't think eveything is available in stores near me :(

Just caught up and I am so envious of how organised youve been since so early on! I have lost the plot this year I am nowhere near organised.
Sorry youve had trouble with DPD, my cousin had 2 ipads for her daughters allegedly handed to her OH, but her OH was at work! The photo on the tracking is in her porch on the floor, but when she got back from work there was no parcel at all.
John Lewis tried to pass the blame to DPD, but DPD say they delivered, so now theres a case open and neither are willing to budge on liability, meanwhile my poor cousin is a huge amount of money down and without the ipads for her girls.
Theres so much corruption within courier companies this time of year, they just employ anyone as temps and all kinds of things happen!

Just caught up and I am so envious of how organised youve been since so early on! I have lost the plot this year I am nowhere near organised.
Sorry youve had trouble with DPD, my cousin had 2 ipads for her daughters allegedly handed to her OH, but her OH was at work! The photo on the tracking is in her porch on the floor, but when she got back from work there was no parcel at all.
John Lewis tried to pass the blame to DPD, but DPD say they delivered, so now theres a case open and neither are willing to budge on liability, meanwhile my poor cousin is a huge amount of money down and without the ipads for her girls.
Theres so much corruption within courier companies this time of year, they just employ anyone as temps and all kinds of things happen!

How awful!
This is why I hate things being left 'in a safe place' as I do not trust my neighbours!

Gosh that's awful! I think this photo taking is ridiculous. We had someone come knocking saying that their parcel has been delivered to our house 3 days before and the photo was of the back of our house (back gate) and the parcel wasn't even in shot. If it had been left there at all it wasn't secure and anyone could have picked it up and walked off with it. I say any courier who leaves a parcel in plain view is at fault. Especially as DPD tend to carry the higher value items like phones and ipads.

So Jimi's plane still hasn't turned up. I've requested a refund. I had already bought him a different one before he asked for that one and I can't get that one anywhere else and it won't come in time from that seller, I thought I'd found another one but turns out its plastic even though the title says its metal, so I'm just going to say I couldn't get it and got him the other one instead.
Reubens kit still hasn't turned up so now I'm concerned about that and been desperately searching for one that'll fit, arrive in time, is customisable, and doesn't cost blooming £70 because that's ridiculous for a toddlers football kit!
The snakes plant hasn't come either, not tracking updates, cant see it coming and won't be replacing it. I'm sure no one will actually notice.... so it's just the kit I'm worried about now. Its stressing me out unnecessarily. Why do I have no luck with deliveries atm?

That's terrible that so many deliveries are going missing at this time of year. :nope:

There was a local news story last week about the discovery of several sacks of evri parcels in the local woods. Its unclear whether the driver dumped them, someone stole them or what happened but there were dozens of people commenting on the news story saying "so that's where my parcel went!"
With royal mail delays as well it doesn't feel like anything is safe or guaranteed. I've ordered Reuben a Manchester United kit from sports direct just in case, it was much cheaper than the official Mbappe kits. I still hope that one comes because when you talk to him about football he shouts that he is Mbappe, but if not at least he's got a kit. It says delivery by Friday 16th

Yeah DPD really has gone down hill! I am sorry your deliveries are all so delayed, I know you were in plenty of time! So frustrating :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->