29yrs old, TTC #1

Aw, Heather and Mandy you are not losers at all! You just really want a baby, and that is a good thing. I'm sorry you got BFNs :( But I refuse to give up hope just yet--you're not out until AF shows, as they say.

If we don't get BFPs this time around, surely next cycle will be luckier. I am in this until it happens for all of us!

I know I told you I was a poas addict! :( This really is a support group. I am so glad I met y'all ( I am from Georgia remember :) )
That is a good trick to know heather :)
I am cramping more too and I am pretty sure AF is on her way. We shall see!

It's so hard not to obsess when you do everything "right"! Tracking ovulation and BDing days before during and after O... You think it would be a given that you would get pregnant! I am definitely taking a break next month... We will just have fun and if it happens, great! If not, that is ok too! I am going to try and lose some weight and get my diet in check! With both of us being in school and hubs working full-time our diet is crap and we really need to do better. I feel like a weight has been lifted since I have been testing. The unknown is so much worse for me! I am in a really good mood now... That sounds bad, but I know it will happen soon so I am bot going to stress! We are going out to put Christmas lights up now! I'll let you know what my test says tomorrow! Haha

I understand completely. Our diets are crap too. I am not even going to try to do better until after the holidays. I am weirdly in a good mood too. It will happen for all us soon. It's just so aggravating that someone can go out and have a one night stand and get pregnant and here we are trying so hard.

HI ladies I was kinda wondering what everyone looks like. I am going to try and post a pic of my husband and I on our wedding day but not sure if it will work. So I will try :winkwink:

Attachments

• 229551_10150178369661739_6332973_n.jpg
    229551_10150178369661739_6332973_n.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 5
Well the wind put the Christmas lights on hold!

Mandy, You are beautiful!! I was actually going to post a picture this morning and completely spaced it!

Here is a couple from our wedding day! We got married in May 2011.

I had to crop his gpa out of one! haha

You are both so pretty! I LOVE your wedding dresses! I am paranoid about posting my picture in case someone I know sees me and realizes we are ttc :blush: I know that is very unlikely, but I just don't anyone to know that we are in case it ends up taking us awhile. But, if you will pm your cell number, I will text you my picture :)

I'm glad you are both feeling positive and in a good mood. The same thing usually happens to me. After the initial BFN, I feel crushed, but then I start to feel more optimistic, and glad that I can have a glass of wine when AF comes, haha.

Oh, and Mandy, I am from Texas, so I am loving the "y'all" :)

Totally understandable! I have the same worry!

I love you sweet southern girls! It's so funny you are both from the south because my husbands work has talked to him about job opportunities and one is down in Tennessee! I would love to move somewhere and at least experience life outside of WA.

Heather you're beautiful! Y'all look so happy :) we got married may 7 2011! Annie I understand about not wanting anyone to find out you're ttc! Plus we post some kinda embarrassing stuff on here :)
I just took a nice bubble bath and if we had any wine left in the house I sure would have had a glass.
I am glad everyone is ok with all the "yalls" haha- I figured you might be Annie :)
Heather I would love to move out of Georgia. Just for awhile. What kind of work does your husband do? Mine works on an air force base so it's always possible that we would have to move someday.

I LOVE when you say y'all!

My husband is an industrial insulator. He insults tanks that hold chemicals or WINE! He is currently getting his BA in business management. We are are sitting back and seeing what kind of opportunity his current job will offer him because he doesn't want to work the tools anymore. Plus, he is a smart guy and needs to be in a more challenging position. I think our families would FREAK if we told them we were looking into possibly moving when I am done with school... or whenever the opportunity presents itself. We are from a fairly small area and I am so over the everybody knows everybody and your business. I would love a fresh start and friends from different places. And our space from the families. We love our families, but you get in this rut and sometimes you just want to get out of it.

Too bad there isn't a private thread area on this site! I can just see someone coming across all of this! haha

I completely hear you both about wanting to move from your home state! I went out of state for college, but now we're back in the same place where both hubby and I grew up. It's nice having our family close by, but that can also be challenging since it can be a big demand on our time. Also, neither of us can see ourselves living here forever. There's no natural beauty--Dallas is all concrete and shiny buildings and shopping malls. I would love to live in the woods or the mountains.

Hope you both have a great night!

Our family would freak out too if we moved. I understand about wanting to live somewhere in the mountains. I wanted to go to the mountains this fall and get a cabin but it doesn't look like that's gonna work with our schedules.
Heather that is awesome that both you and your husband are in school. I know you cannot wait to be finished with nursing school :)
Enjoy it while you can though because I thought I was stressed out then. It doesn't compare to the stress of a new job. (At least where I ended up)
Heather I saw that you were having some bad storms out that way and hope everything is ok.
I didn't test this am. AF due tomorrow. Completely feel like she is on her way. We are going to Atlanta tomorrow for a concert too, so it would be my luck if she arrives then or on thanksgiving. Uggh. Anyhow if she doesn't show tonight at work I will still test in am tomorrow but fully anticipate bfn.

Hello Girls, I have been reading different forums for days and have been shocked how rude people can be when we are all supposed to be in the same boat! Today I came across your thread and finally didn't feel too intimidated to post! Hope you don't mind me joining in. I am also 29 and TTC #1, this is my first cycle after coming off BCP, and I am not sure where I am at at all. If things were regular, which I doubt they are, I would be 10 dpo. I'm thinking I should start using OPK next month. I started out thinking I'd NTNP, but the second we decided to go ahead I've become OBSESSED! Every twinge, pain, smell, anything and I think it must be a symptom. At the same time I think I am probably imagining it. The one thing that I am sure of is my nipples have been sore, not BBS, for the past four days, but I am not sure that it means anything. The pill I was on gave me no AF for months, which was great but now I don't remember what my normal AF symptoms were. I remember being sore in the past but I don't know when or how long it lasted. Today I also felt pretty dizzy and kept doing this nauseous burp thing, but I keep second guessing myself that it isn't from reading all this stuff! I can't seem to get anything done, its just google this google that, every symptom I "might" be having. Ugh, anyway, this is probably WAY too much information for an introduction. I just thought it would be nice to wait it out with some people in the same boat.
I also broke down and had a BFN on Sunday.... trying to wait for at least another week, but I have no faith that I can do it!

Welcome, Sddnly! I understand about the symptom spotting driving you crazy. This thread has been a great place for support.

Heather, I'm sorry about your BFN :-( There's still a possibility for this cycle, since you're only 10 DPO! But I love your relaxed plan for next cycle if AF does show. I think you deserve a glass of wine and a bubble bath if it doesn't happen this time around!

Mandy, I hope you have a blast at the concert! That sounds like fun. A vacation in a mountain cabin would be amazing. Maybe you and your hubby could do that for your "babymoon" after you get your BFP :D

Sana, we haven't heard from you in awhile--hope all is well! I know you've been really busy at your job. Thinking baby dust thoughts for you!

Today has been pretty nice for me so far. My temp was still high this morning. It went down 1/10th of a degree, but it is still really close to my temp spike yesterday. If I can just have one more high temp day tomorrow, FF will give me crosshairs on my chart and confirm that I ovulated on Nov 18. I've never had that happen before, so I'm really hoping those temps stay up!

Welcome, Sddnly! It can definitely be hard to find a thread you click with! That is why I finally started this one because I would join one and the girls would literally not even acknowledge me... Their loss!! :winkwink:
We can all relate on the symptom spotting! I don't know if there is a way not to obsess unless you don't keep track of your cycle at all. You do have some pretty good signs of a BFP coming up, but if you don't get it then don't be disappointed just yet! Your body will have to adjust to not being on BC anymore and might go a little crazy for a bit! If you get your BFP you will just have to sprinkle some of that luck on the rest of us!

So tell us a little about yourself! Whats your name, where you from? We have all become really close on this thread so don't be intimidated by that.

Mandy a cabin in the mountains sounds perfect! Can we all come? :) We really want farmland so that our kids can have animals and do 4H. We moved out into the country when I was about 11 or 12 and I had goats, a horse and lots of chickens that I stoled from the AG Science building at school so they couldn't kill them! haha! I want to have horses, cows, goats, pigs and every other little farm animal I can get my hands on! We had to buy a house in town and we HATE IT! Our neighbors are all very nice, but we have a Wilson next door. Remember Wilson from Tool Time that always looked over the fence whenever they went out?? Yep, we have one of those! We just love the quiet and beauty of the country so as soon as we finish school and figure out if we are staying here or not then property will be our first purchase.

Did you feel like the last year of your program went really fast, but the end seemed so far? That is how I feel! I cannot believe our first quarter is over in 3 week, but June seems way too far away! Our class is not that close and we have more know-it-alls then I have ever had in any class! As of this moment I will not be missing school very much once it is over. Did you feel like you weren't going to know anything once you got a job? We learn SO MUCH that it makes my head spin! :dohh: I am sure it will work out.

What concert are you going to? I am jealous!

Annie! WOOOHOOO for another high temp! :happydance::happydance: I think I will start temping in January so I can know for sure that I am actually ovulating. I am still in this cycle... I am having mild cramps, but they are not like AF cramps today. UGH! I wish I could see what is going on in there!

Sorry for the novel! Extra extra chatty today, I guess!

LOL Heather, the Wilson next door comment made me giggle. I used to watch that show religiously. We would love to live somewhere rural too. We're kind of hermits, haha. And I like to have lots of space. We live in a very urban area right now, just a few minutes from downtown, and the fire engines and police sirens and cars honking at each other are just about driving me up the wall :wacko:

I can't believe it ladies! I have a faint line pms FRER!@@ :happydance:

Attachments

• 20121120_153611.jpg
    20121120_153611.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 13
Mandy, Mandy, Mandy, so exciting!!!! I think you deserve the night off to celebrate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->