2ww Valentine Day BFP Ladies!

jamie im sorry hun massive hugs xx
Thanks hun. I've been trying not to be depressed all day. My boyfriend is really depressed too and disappointed. I'm begininning to think I can't have kids. ugh. really depressing. i have sex before, during, and after ovulation and still nothing. :(

mrskcbrown: Thanks! Well I thought I knew on Monday because my nipples looked kinda larger, but I wouldn't actually let myself believe it. No implantation bleeding or anything. I'm 13-14 dpo (I either ovul. Thursday night or Friday morning 2 weeks ago. All the other months trying I was picking out things I thought meant I was pregnant always to get a BFN...but this time, all I thought was that AF was about to come since the cramps were so bad and they felt exactly like AF cramps. I had those from 10 DPO and on. I also stopped temping this month after doing it all the other ones because it was making me crazy :wacko: so not sure how those are looking.

Congrats h2oaloha! I think I'd find it really hard to keep quiet - maybe I must just test on Valentine's Day itself :)

WanderingStar - we like hearing from you - hope this cycle will get you a BFP.

Sorry to hear that Jamierae, unfortunately we all know how you feel. It's really difficult. I hope the depression passes and you can embrace another cycle of awesome sex! :) That's what I'm trying to do anyway.

mrsckbrown, I haven't ever used an OPK before. It seemed so 'iffy' so I wasn't willing to invest in it. I've also just been trying to bd 2-3 times a week but that hasn't worked for me yet.

Sorry to hear that Jamierae, unfortunately we all know how you feel. It's really difficult. I hope the depression passes and you can embrace another cycle of awesome sex! :) That's what I'm trying to do anyway.

mrskcbrown, I haven't ever used an OPK before. It seemed so 'iffy' so I wasn't willing to invest in it. I've also just been trying to bd 2-3 times a week but that hasn't worked for me yet.

@H2: thanks! I keep thinking AF is coming too. I got the cramping which seems like it has started today at 9dpo or so. I also stopped temping and etc as I was going delirious. Thanks for sharing!

@Jamie: I know how you feel! I have been trying for 11 months so you are not ALONE! Have you and BF been tested to see if there is anything wrong? There are no words I can say but rest assured you will get your BFP soon, dont give up yet!:hugs:

Wanderingstar: I'm sorry. I really know how stinking frustrating it can be.

I wanted to throw this out there. I was looking for new techniques on successful BDing and I read someone say that once you get a positive OPK you should BD every 12 hours for 48 hours. I was doing the every day and every other day thing for all the previous months and but this month I took that persons advice and did it every 12 hours after I got the +opk (she had said it worked on her first try with that timing too). Also I got a bunch (I think I have like 50 left) of OPK sticks for about $1 each at earlypregnancytests so I would def. recommend getting the cheapo ones.

So how an OPK works is that you have strips and you can pee on them every day until you get a positive, and then once it's positive that means you are either ovulating or about to ovulate?

I guess I've seen the kits and just assumed it was like a one time use and if you used it and you weren't ovulating yet, well then it was a wasted kit. I don't understand the strip aspect.

Wandering star of course you should keep posting, we want to hear how your doing! goods nd bads!

Congrats to h2oaloha our first :bfp:

Hope theres more :bfp: soon!!

xx

Yup - so I have the ones that are just a strip where you pee in a cup and then dip it in for 2 sec and them wait 5 min (I did it from day 12 to day 17) which detects your LH surge. Once you get a positive line (must be as dark as the control, the day before and day after the true surge I had a fainter line which isn't supposed to count) that means you're going to ovulate between 24 and 48 hours from then (but I think it's usually 36). For timing the every 12 hour thing, it was a good starting point.

I've never used opks, but from what I understand you pee on them every day (you can decide when to start based on how regular your cycle is and also maybe start when you have fertile cervical mucous - depends how many tests you have I suppose.

Then a positive means that the line is the same as the control line in colour (this is why I haven't used them - one the money and two I thought I'd end up reading them wrong) Since they show an increased LH surge when you get a positive it should be about 24-36hours til you ovulate so you know to BD a lot then.

They can stay positive for two or three days though. If you know when you ovulate then they seem a bit pointless but if your chart is unclear it is definitely a good idea.

jamie im sorry hun massive hugs xx
Thanks hun. I've been trying not to be depressed all day. My boyfriend is really depressed too and disappointed. I'm begininning to think I can't have kids. ugh. really depressing. i have sex before, during, and after ovulation and still nothing. :(

Oh, I'm sorry. I know, it's so depressing when you feel like you just have to have hit the mark with :sex: all the time :(
Do you know for certain when you ovulated?
Getting personal here, do you use lubricant? I found out recently that can affect the :spermy: getting there so there is some other stuff you can use (pre-seed or sasmar) which shouldn't affect things

Well kinda off topic, but I think something sweet for Valentine would be to buy Fair Trade chocolate. It's so much better for the world economy and it ensures that it wasn't supplied by child slaves. :) Then you can enjoy your V Day guilt free!

Try the clearblue easy OPK's with the smiley face, it gives a clearer indication of whether you have O'd or not. GL!

I used OPK first time this month - was really excited when I got a positive - such a relief to see I do ovulate! I started testing on day 13 (as it advised for a 30 day cycle) and I got my surge on day 15 (faint line day before that and really dark line that day) so we :sex: that evening and the next. We probably should have also :sex: the 3rd day but I really couldn't face it - becomes such hard work when you are working 12 hours and then to fit in dinner and get a decent nights sleep!! So if :af: arrives this time (due Tuesday) I will have to take my fertile days off as holiday so I can relax and have time!

Oh and they're dirt cheap on ebay - like this one https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-x-OVULATI...tZUK_Health_HealthCare_RL?hash=item334a90c91d

Obviously I'm clueless about when I ovulate. I don't normally experience a change in CM so I should maybe try these ovulation sticks. They are pretty inexpensive. Who knows, maybe I'm not ovulating when I thought I was.

Did anyone think they were ovulating at a certain time then take the tests and have surprising results?

I have just bought some OPK and HMT off ebay today, they send 25 and you choose how many of each you want! it only cost me £2.98 and they come next day! so if AF turns up this month Im going to be prepared to beat her next cycle!!

Obviously I'm clueless about when I ovulate. I don't normally experience a change in CM so I should maybe try these ovulation sticks. They are pretty inexpensive. Who knows, maybe I'm not ovulating when I thought I was.

Did anyone think they were ovulating at a certain time then take the tests and have surprising results?

I didn't have a clue before, but I was temping by the time I started ttc

And the OPK confirmed what I thought from temping - I probably don't need to OPK given I do temps but it's nice to narrow it down to get the quality :sex: in!!

I'm not even sure I understood how it all worked before, despite doing a biology degree (it was molecular rather than human and I hated it!) I just hadn't realised quite how important that 1 single day was and that the egg only survived a day. Maybe I was taught it at school and had forgotten!

There is also a Clear Blue fertility monitor which tests for 2 chemicals apparently, but they're about £90 I think - I am happy with the sticks for now

i've also used opk's from the internet this cycle - got a bunch for about £2 off the internet. got faint positives on CD11, CD12 and CD14 with my darkest on CD13 so I ov'd between CD13 and CD15 i think hopefully sex on CD12 and CD14 will have covered it!

just peed on one every day round my fertile time and monitored my CM and bd'd CD11 CD12 and CD14 and I also used softcups for 12 hours after every :sex: so if i don't get a bfp this month I will be very surprised lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->