31, CD5 Need a buddy

Welcome back, Clandara. I hope all your pc issues have been sorted out! I definitely know what you mean about this cycle flying by. DH and I almost didn't get in the BDing we should have because we were so exhausted and didn't realize we were that far into the cycle already! We tried to make it up by doing it twice one day, I told DH it doesn't really work like that, but it made him feel better. lol

I believe I am 1dpo today. I had a temp rise and all the other signs seem to be pointing in that direction, which is awesome because I have been really (and I mean really) bad with temping this cycle.

Happy Tuesday, indeed!

Welcome back Clandara! Excited that you ovulated Foosh!!

I am still awaiting O and hope it comes by Monday next week because my DH is traveling on Tues and Wed. I imagine it will though as Tues is CD20 and I have always O'ed before then!! FX'ed for me that I O soon!

Yes all the PC issues are taken care of....I hope, lol. Had to install a new hard drive.

So in the book I am working through, I am on a chapter that talks about food. Items like runny eggs, sushi and rare meat are not good for a pregnant woman. Are there any foods that you eat that would fall into this category or something similar? How do you feel about giving that item up and what are some things that you can do to replace the item?

For me, I am a lunch meat girl....I love sandwiches. I am sure that I can give it up completely by replacing it with home cooked meats like roast chicken or beef. Be a little extra work, but worth it on so many levels in the end.

How about everyone else?

Welcome back Clandara!!! I would feel lost without my PC...glad it is fixed!

alspals....hope you OV soon!!!! If you typically ovulate sooner than CD20, then you should be fine!

lilfoosh..yay! Onto the 2ww for you!

Mrs. B- does it help with ovulating sooner or just ovulating in general?

I showed a positive on my opk last night and this morning. The line is still pretty strong this evening, but slightly lighter than this morning. Does anyone know about opks and ovulation? Once it gets lighter again (technically a negative) is that another indication that ovulation has taken place already?

Clandara, the first time around I found giving up sushi particularly difficult, also some cheeses. And I like a nice glass of wine, or two occasionally but that was a little easier to go without. Caffeine was hard too. We went out for sushi still I just stuck to the cooked stuff. Cheeses are ok if pasteurized, so just had to go without certain ones (like brie, goat and blue) :cry: I didn't have any alcohol but you can get around it by getting virgin mixed drinks or non alcoholic beer. I could have 1 cup of caffeine a day, so I had to time it well or I would have 2 coffees that were 1/2 regular 1/2 decaf.

Medicine was hardest as I got 2 bad colds and couldn't really take anything!

Lysh, when you get your LH surge (and pos opk) it can take up to 48 hours for the egg to be released. I'm not sure if that means that by the time you get a neg that you have O'd. I can't do opks because when I have cysts the results are all wonky and it looks like I am oving the whole cycle or like 6 times, so I am not speaking from experience, just what I have read. :flower:

Clandara- to answer your earlier question, I would say that caffeine is hard for me. Even though I am not pregnant yet, I already cut back. I have about half a cup a day because I mix half decaf into it. Not having any beer and wine will be difficult. Especially Samuel Adams Octoberfest!! lol (my favorite). Cold cuts....I love my Subway sandwiches. I have not researched all the no, no's yet...but those 3 items stand out. When I am pregnant, I will probably continue to have a little bit of caffeine every now and then, but mostly stick to decaf. so I get the taste. Obviously, there is not much I can do about alcohol. For cold cuts, I will probably just stick to leftovers for lunch, make egg salad, or do what you said and cook real meat. In the end though, I would happily give this all up for a healthy pregnancy.

Yes i feel the same....All of it is worth it to have a healthy pregnancy and little one. I should try some decaf. I don't need coffee but i do get one on the way to work mostly to have a warm beverage at the start of the day. I will to have try making this change and see what the outcome will be....oh oh for DH! LOL.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome back! Hope you are all doing well!

Clandara- I slowly cut back. I use to enjoy up to 2 cups a day. So I have been doing half and half for a while. If I am lucky enough to conceive, I will do decaf. and then half and half every 3rd day or so. I know a little caffeine is okay, so I figured that would not be too bad. That is what I say now though...I tend to get paranoid so once I do get a BFP, I might stick to all decaf! lol

Alot to catch up on!!!
I am going to miss wine and cold cut turkey the most!!! I dont drink caffeine and dont eat raw sushi and am lactose intolerant, so just cold cuts and wine for me....but i would HAPPILY give it all up for a little one :)

Still waiting to O....hopefully by Monday at the latest!!!!

How is everyone doing on relaxing?

I am doing okay on relaxing. I had a really stressful day at work yesterday, but today was better!!! As far as TTC, we are trying to be relaxed about it. Of course around ovulation I feel a bit stressed, but it is okay. I think part of it is hormones too!

Yeah...work week halfway over!

Def happy work week is halfway over!!! Have a long day ahead of me tomorrow though....
Looking forward to O so I can get into the TWW!!

I got word today that my job stuff has all gone through and they were able to bump my start date back up, so I start on Tuesday! I'm so excited! Jacob is having a wonderful time with the care provider we have selected but tomorrow will be the true test as it will be the first time that I leave him there alone. I don't think he will really notice and it is only for an hour or so, but I'm glad that she is letting us easy into this whole daycare thing.

TTC is not really in the forefront of my mind at the moment, which is good because I have messed up so many temps at this point I would be pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is going on with my chart! This morning I woke up with a stuffy nose and had been breathing through my mouth, so my first temp was more like room temperature than my body temp. :rofl: So I had to take it again, I'm sure the second one was fine, as I had not moved around at all but I don't know. :wacko:

Sorry to hear how stressful your job is Lysh. Is there anyway that you could make it more enjoyable? Bring in some baked goods or organize a relaxed Friday or something? You work with the DD kids, right? Have a movie afternoon with popcorn? The smell of popcorn coming from the DD room at my high school was always taunting me!!

I think I am going to test tomorrow morning... something should show by now if I am shouldnt it? So nervous! x

12 DPO is the average time for it to show positive, but don't freak out if it is BFN until you get AF!! When is AF due??

I have no idea, I haven'y had 2 cycles the same since I came off BC! So I am jst waiting it out not having a clue! lol its so frustrating x

Lilfoosh...I do not worked with the DD kids. I am an inclusion teacher at the middle school. I just have a lot of students to oversee (23) with a lot of high needs and it is just stressful. I move between 3 classrooms, have to teach writing and grammar, provide support, accommodations, modifications etc. etc. etc. It is just an intense year, but it will pass. I get through day by day! :)
Mrs. B- how many dpo are you again? Good luck with the test!!!!! Hoping you get a bfp!!!
I am now 2dpo...start prometrium again tonight. Yay for 2ww!!!
Sorry you have a long day ahead of you alspals...work related?

Sorry Lysh, I guess I was thinking of someone else. Day by day is the only way to take stressful jobs!

MrsB your chart looks pretty good, the rising temp is very promising and your LP is so far 2 days longer than last cycle! Are you taking something to lengthen your LP or regulate your cycle? You are the one taking soy, right?

Tomorrow is my last official day at home. I think DH is way more excited than me. I left J with the care giver today for a bit and he didn't even notice I was gone until I was back, ok that's not entirely true, apparently he was saying "Mumma" a lot but he didn't get upset or anything. I'm really glad he is comfortable with the daycare we chose.

Any big plans for the weekend? It's Thanksgiving here, so we have Monday off. Just having dinner with my parents on Sunday but other than that we finally are getting a relaxed weekend!

Yay for Friday!

12dpo and :bfn: x
I'm not taking anything other that tried soy this cycle x

Happy Friday, ladies! Sorry I have been MIA most of this week. Haven't been feeling the greatest and trying to rest a lot. How are you all doing? Has everyone ovulated??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->