33 and looking for early/mid 30s buddy

Glad to hear you are feeling well! I am actually feeling a lot better too!

I haven't had any food aversions and my nausea is improving. Just a bit sick feeling if I let my tummy go empty. I'm still waiting for that energy to kick in though :)

What are you guys doing for Christmas?

I'm so rubbish I forgot to post my pics lol

Glad to see your all feeling good. Erica I'm the same as you some days are okay but my sickness seems to have transferred to the afternoon/evening now and tends to be when I'm tired. I'm hoping this will pass completely soon as it's not a very nice feeling especially when at work!
I am very excited for christmas although hubby only has Christmas Day off so we will spend Xmas eve at home with the dogs watching Polar Express (yearly tradition lol ) Then up early Xmas day to walk the mutts then all in the car and down to mum and dads with all the family, ooh so excited!! What is everyone else doing? xx

Attachments

• 378866_10150981217925262_689795261_21700487_1738014592_n.jpg
    378866_10150981217925262_689795261_21700487_1738014592_n.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 387596_10150981229535262_689795261_21700505_2020457851_n.jpg
    387596_10150981229535262_689795261_21700505_2020457851_n.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 2
Such great pics Gemma!! I am so excited for you girls. Hopefully you'll start to feel better any day now. I stopped having intermittent nausea around 17 weeks, which is also when my energy started to come back. By week 18, I was pretty much fine all the time.

We'll be with my family for Christmas. Nothing to exciting. But we're heading down to Mexico the next day for our babymoon, so I cannot wait for that!

Gemma your pics are so great! I love polar express! We already watched it this year and will probably watch it again :)

A babymoon sounds awesome Joanna. I could use one of those! Where in Mexico are you going?

I am such a christmas lover, but we haven't been able to do much yet. We're renovating out house and just got our kitchen and floors back in use. We should be able to move our furniture back in this week. SO excited to start decorating for christmas. I can't wait. We are staying close to home this year. A lot of my family will be out of town. Usually we're so busy around the holidays so I'm really looking forward to just having some quiet family time this year.

Gemma have you started thinking of names? Joanna, are you any closer to finding a boys name? I have a few girls names I like, nothing for a boy yet.

I sure hope the sickness does go soon Joanna!!! Wow Mexico you lucky thing how exciting!!
Thanks I love the pics too, can't wait till I get the next ones on Feb 3rd. Did we already discuss if your finding out what your having?
Erica we have a couple of names but nothing concrete I find girls names easier than boys!

Hi girls!

Yes! Now only 3 weeks left! I can't believe it either!
Christmas for us will be at home. My mom will be here on the 22nd, so we'll probably exchange a few presents, but it will be all about baby around that time...

the "version" was successful! Now i have feet running across the upper part of my belly where I could only see a big bulge of a head :)
Let's hope he stays doxwn there, but ouch!!! Now that he is, I'm having abdominal cramping and contractions because of the irritation - the procedure itself didn't take long, I was SO lucky! however, it isn't painless.
Hope you don't have to go through this too, but it's worth it if you want to avoid a c-section.

I can't remember when nausea stopped - it's true that one forgets easily... Write everything down!!!

You all seem fine, and it makes me feel happy!

If I go into labor, I'll try to remember to send you a message! I hired a doula who was a midwife, I hope she's good - I really wanted one.

Today I went to Labor and Delivery for my contractions. They sent me home of course. But there was a woman on the other side of the curtain complaiining about the pains of labor, and how bad it was - pain was 8 out of 10. When they checked her cervix, she was only 2 cm dilated and she said: "noooo! Are you sure it isn't 6 cm?! It hurts SO much!" To this they answered with humor: "Believe us, if you were 6 cm dilated, you wouldn't be smiling between contractions - we're going to suggest you go a for a half hour walk and come back!" HA!!!
I think this is actually funny because I know I'll be the same, and my pain threshold will go beyond what I thought was possible :)

Lots of hugs!!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Wow, only 3 weeks! I can hardly believe that. Glad to hear the "Version" was a success. I'm happy you were able to avoid a C-secion. I bet you'll be suprised at your pain tolerance, I thought I would be a big wuss, but I was able to endure a lot more than what I thought I could. I can't wait to see pics of your little sweety :)

Joanna, I can't believe you're almost 27 weeks! Have you been stocking up on baby stuff yet? With Christmas around the corner time will fly by the next few months.

Gemma your scan is Feb 3rd? That seems so long! Mine is Jan 6th. We will be finding out the sex of the baby at that appointment. I can't wait. If I have a girl I will have a lot of shopping to do, if it's a boy I have bins and bins of clothes.

I've been having people asking how far along I am because I am getting quite round :blush:, Gemma how's your baby bump coming?

Nicole 3 weeks!! That will whizz by you must be soooo excited!! Good luck and please do try to let us know!
Joanna 27 weeks wow time sure is going fast, I guess I should enjoy this pregnancy because that will Erica and I soon enough lol
Erica I know 3rd Feb is really far away at the hospital I will be having this lil bubba at makes you wait untill 22 weeks, although I will be nearer 23 at that stage grrrrr!!!! I am thinking once Xmas is done and we are into Jan time will fly and it will be here before I know it! Yours really will be you lucky thing!

What's everyone been up to? My mother and father in law bought us a pack of really cute baby gros yesterday which got me really excited. Not going to buy anything else now (if I can stop myself) untill I know what we're having xx

Gemma I totally wanna buy stuff! If I have a boy I won't need much, if it's a girl I'll have to start from scratch.

We have been renovating our house. We re-did our kitchen, bathrooms and flooring. We are just on the tale end of it all. We're waiting for our counter tops to be installed, hopefully by christmas. It looks really good, but it's been so much work. That's been pretty much all we have been up to lately. Christmas shopping too :)

It's so sxciting isn't it I cannot wait untill I start buying some cute bits!!

I hope your house is all finished for Christmas, you can sit back and relax then!!
Have you got much more to do shopping wise?

Wow, girls, I can't believe how far along everyone is getting! Nicole especially! It could be any day now! I am so eager for news! Erica, that's so exciting about the house renovation. I love doing that kind of stuff, and this is the perfect time it seems like!

As for me, just back from the doctor. Baby is looking good, estimated weight is 2lbs, 8 oz, which she said is right down the middle (53rd percentile). She cleared us for our trip to Mexico too (thank god!). They'd been watching me because my placenta was really close to my cervix, but it finally moved up! Baby is still breech, but the doctor says there's plenty of time for him to turn around...I also learned that apparently only 5% of babies are actually breech at the time of delivery, so that was a comforting statistic - with the amount of c-sections they seem to do, I had thought it was much higher.

Ahh Joanna I'm really pleased that everything is looking good and like she said there is loads of time for baby to move!!
I take it over the next 12weeks your baby will put on a lot of weight? Is it this stage where they start fattening up ready for birth?

Hope everyone is well and ready for Christmas. I have my 16 week appointment tomorrow so looking forward to hearing little ones heartbeat again xx

HI ladies!!!

I went in for an induction on the 13th and cam back home on the 19th!!! 6 days in the hospital. The baby was too small, so the y induced me, the birth was the hardest and most extraordinary thing I have ever done. I know I have a long way to go, but I can't see anything more trying in the future. I ended up having a cesarean though... after pushing for 3 hours... and one hour more because I told them I HAD to try more! Epidurals did not work (had 4) and tahnk god I had two amazing doulas who came in back to back. Nicolas and I couldn't have done this without them.There were many great moments; my waters breaking and my husband turning around sayiing, what was that "popping noise"?, going from 3 to 10 cm dilation in one night, after 2 days trying to "ripen" my cervix with different failing drugs... pushing on my hands and knees, with a bar, on the side, and on my back because the epdirual wasn't working so I could move and sway however I wanted. Nicolas tearing up and telling me he never realized I was so strong while holding my hand through the toughest parts, ... and the baby!!! Not that small - almost 3 kilos - not that skinny! The cutest baby in the world of course :haha:

What a relief epidurals are, I had 4 and no headache or side-effects... Although they didn't work very well (always one side) I could sleep!
I don't understand elective cesareans... it sucks after! I can't breastfeed easily, do any chores, get up in the middle of the night without walking like a hunchback. The drugs are nice though... I nod off so easily :thumbup:

Can't wait to see your babies!

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Oh wow Nicole, congratualtions!!!! Sounds quite traumatic but what a great prize at the end!! Did you already know what you were having? Not sure if I missed it but was it boy or girl?? Do you have any pics?
Congratulations again on being a new mummy xx

Congratulations, Nicole!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: So ecstatic for you! What is the baby's name? Do you have a pic? Sounds like quite a grueling ordeal, but so happy that it turned out well in the end!

Gemma, yes, the baby starts to put on fat quickly at this point, or so I'm told. Erica, how are you doing?

wow! Congrats Nicole! I'm so happy for you. I remember those first few days, such a special time.

Gemma, how did your appt go?

Joanna, I'm so glad everything is looking good for you. That little baby is gonna fatten up quick!

I'm doing great! Feeling the slightest bit of movement here and there. Makes me so happy :)

I hope you guys have a great christmas! Dom's getting so excited!

Hey guys hope you all had a fab Christmas and New Year.

My appointment went well thanks Erica, they listened to the hb and booked me in for my next mw appointment at 25weeks.
I felt the baby move on New Years Eve so was really happy, I had felt something the week leading up to it but wasn't sure and now I feel flutterings most days, can't wait for it to turn into kicks!!
How are you doing Joanna? Can't believe your 30weeks!!!!
xx

Gemma! So glad you're well.

I've been feeling lots of movement over the last few weeks as well, especially after i eat. So nice to have a reminder of what's going on in there:)

I found out I am having a baby girl!! Can not believe it. I had a feeling it was a girl, but I didn't really believe I could be right. Turns out I was. I guess i'll be needing some new baby clothes!

I wish your scan was sooner than24 weeks!! I'm dying to know what you're having. You have any mohter's intuition??

My appetite has returned fully and I rarelyfeel sick any ore. My belly is getting quite round now too. Not sure if that's baby or my appetite:) How's your baby bump coming along?

Nicole! How's your little boy doing? I have been thinking of you and hope you are healing well.

Joanna, 30 weeks!!! Almost there. When is you're baby moon?? I think you're maybe gone already, if so, hope you're enjoying it.

Take care ladies!!

Hi ladies!

Erica, that is so exciting that you're having a baby girl!! I really want one of each, so hopefully my next will be a girl too. Yay!!

Gemma, are you planning to find out at your 25 week appointment?

We actually just got back from our babymoon. Went down to Mexico, which was fabulous and so relaxing - finally got some full night sleeps for a change! Only tough part was it's so hard not enjoying a cocktail or a beer when lazing around on the beach, especially when DH is all about that!

We start our birthing class on Monday night - I think it's going to start feeling really really real - esp for DH - when that starts! I think it will probably feel like a waste of time, but hopefully we'll get some useful stuff out of it. I'm trying to go drug-free, and that's the goal of the class...we'll see how that goes though...

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->