38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Lola keep us posted. Fingers still crossed for you but I totally understand how you are feeling. I am in the same boat. CD25 and period should come tomorrow at night though, so I don't think I am going to test again. I am going to try to resist. I have been feeling moody and sensitive all day long. I cry with everything, which is how i usually am the day before period. Let's see.

Gomini, fingers are crossed for you too ! did you finally resist, or did you test?
I have internet cheapies here, but read so many bad reviews about them.. I had bfn this morning with one of them. Maybe I'm stressed out and AF will arrive late this month.. My temp dropped a very tiny bit.

Keeping fingers crossed for you regardless.
I did not test this morning and am not going to. But I do think I will get it tonight. It usually comes late in the day. So we'll see. I might test tomorrow though if it's still not there.

Hi ladies!

Gonimi and Lola - I have my fingers crossed for you guys!!!! Hoping this is your lucky cycle. :mrgreen:

How is everyone else doing??

As for me, my Dr's office called me back and gave me my blood test results and I'm not feeling too great about them. :nope: I know I should stay away from Dr. Google but it's hard to wait until I have my OB/GYN appointment to get information.

Here are the results:
FSH: 9.3
Estradiol - 70

Technically, both are considered normal, especially for my age but the more I read, they aren't great numbers and could indicate that my ovarian reserve is subpar. They are both on the higher end of normal. If they tested for AMH, they didn't give me the result - which is probably a good thing because if that is low too, then I would be super depressed. I have read in more than a few places that Estradiol above 50 isn't good but there seems to be conflicting information out there about that so I'm trying to remain positive. It's so easy to get down immediately - at least for me.

DH goes in for his SA this morning. He is nervous but being a good sport. We should have the results of that tomorrow afternoon. Hoping for some good news on his end. He leaves tomorrow morning and will be away from home for the next 2 weeks. :cry: This means we are out this cycle since I won't be ovulating until sometime next week. Oh well!

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Oh booger that's a shame about your dh going away. What timing! My dh used to work away too, so I know how hard it can be. He was in Africa for 4 months once! Horrible.

Don't worry about your numbers. I'm sure if the doc was worried he would have said.

Hey booger, so they called with the results but you need an actual appointment to have the doctor interpret them? Is that it? That seems unfair. They should at least have the ob/gyn give you a call about them I think.

Any chance your hubbie might freeze some swimmers while he's getting checked out so that you don't miss the cycle? Just sayin'

So still no sign of period. It's 4pm here and if it is coming tomorrow I should really have some sign of it by 10pm tonight...I am developing yet another theory though. Since I am not temping I do not actually know if I ovulated or not. I got positive OPKs on CD 10 and 11 at which point I ran out of tests and didn't repeat. I just assumed I ovulated. BUT given that at the very moment i was starting the surge we started having a really bad time and I got very stressed, I am wondering whether my body didn't in fact hold off on the ovulation. I have read somewhere that if you are very stressed this can happen. The blood on CD 20 then could be delayed ovulation, as opposed to IB. If that's right, then I am not pregnant for sure (no BD he was away the week we came back from beach) and I should get my period around CD 33 which would be in a week. The only thing that would be weird in this story is that my boobs are really sore already.

As you can see my mind is busy spinning stories...

A hug to everyone. Hang in there wherever you may be on this journey.

Hi ladies, will catch up on this week's posts tomorrow. On my phone which is more difficult for me as I haven't worked out how to copy and paste yet.
Hope you are all well!
Keeping fxed for you lola that still get your bfp!

On the house front here - had a few more viewings and more lined up for Saturday. Also had our first offer. Unfortunately it was 30k below or asking price so declined that offer. Just waiting to see I'd last night's couple will put in a decent offer.
On the ttc front. Looks like AF is about to start. YAY! Then I will know exactly where I am in my cycle. Have opk's and pre seed ready!
On my dd front looks like she is cutting 2 bottom eye teeth in one go! I'm expecting a rough night! Nurofen at the ready. Been hearing her moan in her sleep for the past hour.

Same for me ! I'm out, AF arrived this morning :/ Longer LP this month, that's good, and well C6 is the cycle I'll call the doctor to see whats up. I'll call him today.
I hope you're all good !

Hi ladies!

Gonimi - so sorry you got hit by the witch. :witch: :nope: That stinks. Hopefully, now that you and DH are doing better this will be your lucky cycle.

Lola - Sorry you got hit by the witch as well. :witch: :nope: I guess we are in the same boat now. Hopefully, you can get in to see your doc pretty quick and get some tests going.

Skweek - Well, I guess you are in a slightly different position so I'll guess I'll say "Hooray" that AF is on her way. Like you said, at least you now know where you are at in your cycle! Sorry about the low offer. Maybe they'll counter back with something higher. Or maybe you'll get another one from the last viewing soon! Fingers crossed on all accounts!

Tui - You're right. I really shouldn't fret yet as I am making my own interpretations at this point. even though I try not to, I think the it's easy for me to jump to the worst conclusion right away when it really may not be the situation I am in at all. I'm just being super impatient! I hope you are still feeling well.

I should get the results of DHs SA this afternoon, I think. Keeping my fingers crossed that it comes back normal. :thumbup: He left this morning and we weren't able to get in one last BD session before he took off, so even if I did ovulate early for some reason this cycle, we have no chance. It's okay though. It's only one cycle and we can get back at it when he returns!! I'm off of work today so I plan on being lazy. :wohoo:

Ok so I hope you ladies won't think I am totally nuts. I just called my doctor and made an appointment for a Fsh test on Monday, even though this was only the second TTC round. The thing is that my partner and I-assuming all goes well as opposed to downhill-will be moving to the UK for a year starting in August and I am worried about delays in appointments over there. I know nothing about their system and I am worried about falling through the cracks.

But i guess that's just the excuse. In reality I just really want to know where I am...Hope I am not going too crazy.

Well, I think it's good to know early ! We're not that young anymore, so we shoudn't wait too long. 6 months was my limit.
Boogers, well it gives you one month off ttc... you can chill!
tell us about his result when you get them.
skweek, you're ready soon, I hope you get your bfp fast !

Sorry the witch got you girls :hugs:
Who's still in the running then?

Happy Saturday Ladies!!
Booger - thanks hun!! Did you get your DH's SA results back yet? I remember we had to wait months to get my DH's SA results because the hospital lost them!! Hope the results were good!
How was your lazy day? I wish I could have a lazy day! Could do with one about now! hehe

Gonimi - You are not crazy at all! Like the others said always good to know what you are working with and where you are!
I'm in the UK and been through fertility testing. I was actually pleasantly surprised to see how quickly my appointments came through. My doc was not prepared to refer for fertility testing till I had been ttcing for at least 6 months. From start of testing till my bfp was 5 months! In that time I had loads of blood tests, uterine scan(vaginally) and HSG scan. 6 weeks after HSG scan I got BFP!
Was all a lot quicker than I expected.
Where about in the UK will you be moving to?

Lola - so sorry AF arrived again! Hope you get to see your doc really soon!

AFM - still no sign of AF as yet but I'm pretty sure it will be here any day now. I have my opk's and thermometer ready.
Still no further offers on our house. There is another house we are interested in but will have to wait to see this one as the owner is away for a few days.

Oh no DD is awake and attempting to climb all over me!
Hope you all have a fab weekend.

Hi ladies!

How was everyone's weekend?

Gonimi - No, you're not crazy. And even if you were, you'd be in good company around here as I think we all feel the same way most of the time. Better to know early if there's something going on so you know how to deal with it.

Lola - You're right - the TWW is always the worst time, I think so if there is nothing to wait for, hopefully it will fly by instead of draaaaggggging on....... Sorry AF showed. :hugs: Are you planning on making an appointment with your doc?

Skweek - Did AF show? Hopefully, you can get in to view the house you are interested in seeing soon. I hope you had a good weekend!

AFM - This cycle is so screwed up for me. DH husband left early in the AM on Friday and we didn't have time to get in one last BD before he left. Originally, I wasn't stressed about it but lo and behold, I am ovulating early this cycle - earlier than I have every ovulated. My monitor went high on Sat, then high again yesterday - I used an OPK yesterday afternoon and sure enough, it was positive. Then my monitor went peak this morning. What the hell??? :devil: I'll be interested to see what my temps do as this is my first cycle temping.

Honestly, even if we had BDed, it would have been a long shot anyway. I guess the good thing is that if my luteal phase length stays normal, that means we get a shot at trying again earlier next cycle. :bunny: :blush:

Still no results of his SA. Hopefully, I hear something today.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Thanks ladies for not thinking I am crazy...:thumb up: Got the FSH test done yesterday and should have results by phone today. Hoping it's good. Made a fertility consultation appointment for June 24th. Skweek we are going to be in London starting August 15th. I am really hoping I can get into the health system easily without long waits.

I got some more OPKs yesterday and hesitated long in front of the basal thermometer. I decided against it because I am so neurotic to begin with, if I do this I am likely to experience our TTC as one long marathon rather than any fun. I don't want to take the fun our of it (quite yet), I'll wait a little longer for that...:wink wink:

Things are looking up with my partner luckily. It looks like he got the daddy jitters but now it's better.

Sending all of you lots of baby dust and patience wherever you are.

So I got my FSH back. It's good. 5.9. So I guess I just need to tell my brain to relax rather than worrying all the time.

We should all relax about this. But it's so hard.

I hope everyone is doing great. Baby dust, house selling dust, job dust, whatever dust you each need, I am throwing your way :winkwink:

Gonimi - That's great news! :happydance: Always nice to get information that doesn't stress us out. I waited until this current cycle to start temping, so I completely understand what you mean about not wanting to start just yet. It hasn't been that bad so far. I started mainly just to see if I was really truly ovulating and to see if the temps lined up with the OPKs and monitor I use.

As for me, I got the results from the SA. The doctor wasn't available to talk to me about them. She sent a copy to the OB/GYN I will be seeing in July and that's about it. I went to her office and picked up my own copy, however. Based on some research from Dr. Google - things look pretty normal, which is good. There were a few numbers that I wish were better but I didn't see anything too concerning, so I guess that's good. We'll see what the OB/GYN has to say.

My adventures into temping have been interesting. Looks like I ovulated on CD11 this time around, which is the earliest yet and about 4 days before I normally do. My temp was super high this morning but I think that's because I enjoyed one too many drinks after my softball games last nigh. Oops. I could tell the minute I woke up that I was hot. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I guess the positive side to this early ovulation is that we can try again sooner since we missed this cycle anyway due to his absence.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

So I got my FSH back. It's good. 5.9. So I guess I just need to tell my brain to relax rather than worrying all the time.

We should all relax about this. But it's so hard.

I hope everyone is doing great. Baby dust, house selling dust, job dust, whatever dust you each need, I am throwing your way :winkwink:

Great news. Thanks for the dust x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->