38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Thanks booger. I'm great here. I've not had one bit of morning sickness so think I've been very lucky. DH and I were joking that we will get to the scan and find it's a phantom pregnancy or something, lol. Gosh I hope it's a baby and not a cyst or something, you do hear of it happening. I'm such a worrier :haha:

Lola - Please let us know how your scan appointment goes, although FXed you won't need that appointment!

booger - sorry af got you. As for your guests - The saying "where there's a will there a way"! I'm sure you will find ways to get the essential BDing in.

Tui - those feelings are totally natural! I had an 8 week security scan with dd. Before my 12 week scan I was still worrying something might have gone wrong. You will be fine!

AFM - Enjoyed a lovely day with family out in the sun.
I've got a bit of body work to do. Got 2 weddings coming up in the next few months and a bit of weight I need to shed! So cue good eating and exercise as of tomorrow.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.

Hey guys great to hear about people getting their BFP!! My AF is due tomorrow or the next day (range from 28/29 day cycle). Feeling a little foolish as I did a test today (not first thing) and got a negative result. I am normally very low key about things but as I had some bleeding earlier in the month, I've been tired and not very motivated I allowed myself to get a little hopeful. Now I am annoyed at myself as I know these things happen and I shouldnt let it make me feel low..

At the back of my head to is that my hubby will be going away for 4-5 months for work soon. So if it doesnt happen soon its going to get a little tricky!

Does anyone else feel the same?

It's hard when they work away, mine used to and I hated it. I hope you get your bfp before he goes :dust: but hey, it's a good excuse to go visit at the right time of month :haha: many a baby has been conceived during a holiday.

True Tui, will have to book trips up to see him, at least it wont be in another country.
If i tested before period due, and its negative thats pretty accurate? Or is there still a change? - Maybe clinging to straws. Right time to pick myself up and think it will happen when its meant to happen!

Everyone is different. Some ladies don't get a bfp till after they are late. Don't give up yet. Think positive :)

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I logged in. We are leaving the country for a year first week of July and I can tell you I am not ready for any of it...looking for house tenants, dealing with insurance issues AND TTC. It's a little crazy right now.

My news is a little mixed. On the positive side I got a good strong positive OPK on CD 17 (yesterday). Got another one today. (does that mean I am still ovulating?) I am not temping so I have no idea what's going on. I did feel some cramping on the right side yesterday. We got good BDing on CD 13,15,17. I, of course want to keep going but we have had one complication (the bad news). This is going to be TMI sorry...We realized that what we thought was some minor irritation in our genital areas is probably herpes. We have known that he has had the HSV1 strand in his mouth for years. And I eventually tested positive in my genital area. But lately he had been complaining about minor irritation down there. Yesterday we realized this is probably it. I am seeing my obgyn tomorrow so this is going to be high on my questions list. from what I have seen there is no association with infertility, except that you are not supposed to have unprotected sex during an outbreak, which makes it hard to TTC. I had noticed slightly swollen glands on my groin yesterday but in fact thought that it might be related to ovulation because I read that some women experience this during ovulation. But in retrospect I probably had swollen glands because of a minor herpes outbreak *it's so minor all I have is really some itching and burning*. This would also mean that my immune system would be active down there trying to fight the outbreak. So I am not feeling very optimistic about our chances this cycle despite consistent timing. I checked CM yesterday and today. Yesterday it was promising, today it's very creamy, not looking egg whitey at all, not looking very good for swimmers. Plus, we are both sore and not really in the mood any more despite the fact that I am still getting a nice double line on the OPK and think we should keep trying.

Sorry for being so lengthy and TMI. I know we are all going through a lot and I certainly feel bad when I am just rumbling on, but things are a little angsty in my head right now.

Oh honey, sounds like you are going through a rough time. Hope you can sort out your "downstairs" problem quickly. Looks like you covered the right time for BD so fingers crossed.

Thanks Tui!

Seriously, what does it mean that I keep getting double lines for three days in a row on the OPK? That I have not ovulated yet? A little confused.

Hi ladies,
Just a quick pop in
Gonimi - good to see you popping in again. I hope you manage to get it all cleared soon. Did you say you were moving to London for a year? I'm not far from London. SO if you are up for meet up let me know.

Hattie - I would so be booking well timed 'breaks'! But saying that you aren't out yet. When is AF due? I would wait till AF is a few days late and test again. Some ladies don't get BFP's till a few days even weeks after AF was meant to start.

AFM - we have had an offer just £5000 under the asking price!!! We still have a viewing tonight with someone else. If this lady doesn't make a new offer then we will go with the couple who offered yesterday! So basically our house is sold subject to contracts! YAY
Well now starts all our hard work! Trying to find our new family home!
When does the fun start??

Hi ladies!

Tui - I'm glad to hear that things are going so smoothly so far with your pregnancy. That's great news. Hopefully, it stays that way. Still can't wait to hear how your first appointment goes.

Hattie - Any updates? I'm hoping AF has stayed away.

gonimi - Sorry to hear you're having some issues. Hoping that clears up for you and you guys can get back to business right away. I'm not sure what's going on with your OPKs. I know that they aren't truly positive unless you're test line is as dark or darker than the control line. Sometimes that can be very hard to read. I guess I would keep on BDing if you guys are up to it at all.

skweek35 - That's wonderful news about the house! Congrats. I'm sure you guys are very excited. Good luck in your quest to find a new house. I always love that part but I guess it could be a little more stressful now if you have a tight timeframe. At least you won't be moving in the winter or anything like that.

Lola - How are you doing?

I hope everyone is doing well.

As for me, I'm sitting at CD4. So now it's just a waiting game to start using my monitor (which I just realized I haven't set yet this cycle so I'll have to remember in the morning - oops!) and OPKs. Waiting, waiting, waiting, seems like that's all I do! DH got back last night. It was so great to have him home. :happydance:

Thanks Tui!

Seriously, what does it mean that I keep getting double lines for three days in a row on the OPK? That I have not ovulated yet? A little confused.

I've had that before too. Think it just means it's taking a bit longer to pop out? Or maybe you have released two? That's why I used to temp as well, for confirmation of when it actually released the little sucker. Nothing to worry about. Those sticks are very sensitive, it was probably just the tail end of the surge you caught just right.

Skweek - well done on (almost) selling your house, yay! Get looking for your dream home.

Booger - lots of BD coming up for you then :winkwink:

I bought my first baby thing yesterday. I know it's early but it was such a bargain. I won it for five dollars (£2.50) on NZ equivalent of ebay! It's an old fashioned antique looking bassinet or newborn crib. What do you all think?

Attachments

• 1403643796834.jpg
    1403643796834.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 4
I love it Tui !
Gomini, I have no idea about the Opk thing..but it must have been the end of a surge yeah..I'm sure you O'd..
skweek, yay for the house !
hattie, fingers are crossed!
Well nothing much here...CD20.. AF due in a week.. FF is doing whatever, doesn't show any O, but I felt it and got +OPK and Ewcm. so I guess I'm like 5 dpo.

Hit the button where you can disregard cd7 and your crosshairs will pop up I'm sure. Just a dodgy temp, it looks like you O'd on cd11 to me. Not long to test then, good luck :dust:

Just seen positive opk later on so guess not. Looks like opks are more reliable for you than temping. Still looking forward to test.

HI ladies,
Booger - Not long now till BDing starts in earnest! YAY for OH being home! Take full advantage and catch up for lost time!
Tui - LOVE LOVE LOVE the crib! One week to go to your scan! Eagerly awaiting pics.
Lola - not long till test time for you!. FXed!!

Thanks so much ladies. This part of selling a house is really exciting! Our house was on the market for £210 000. We had 2 couples offer £208 000. Eventually went to seeled bids and the younger couple won - bid £212 500!!!
So basically we will sell regardless and find somewhere else to live for a while. So I guess this gives me full reign to TTC?
According to my period tracker I'm CD9. So gearing up to O at the end of the week. WIll start OPK's tomorrow morning and/or afternoon. So BDing here I am!!

Great news skweek, well done. A bit less pressure now so you should see that bfp soon.

hi !
Tui, yep.. I didn't get +opk on CD11, so it seems, like I o'd later..I also felt cramps and had Ewcm. oh well ! I hope you're good ! can't wait to know all about your 1st apt !
skweek, good news ! you must be happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->