38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

pothole and left - you absolutely crack me up!!
left - yup, I can totally be the IVF tour guide :howdy:

sugar - I teared up immediately at your DH's reaction and how you wrote about it. AWW! <3

just4 - well now that you've seen a bit of our crazy around here, you sure you want to join us?? ;)

well, so I just realized last night that I have a very busy stim cycle ahead....tonight I have dinner plans at a friend's house. I start stims tonight and am supposed to take them between 7-9. Guess the cat will be out of the bag there b/c I have to refrigerate one of them. Then my hair dresser just invited me to his celebration of his new salon he's opening for Monday night at 8. AND he's popping open this rare bottle of bourbon that he's had for about a decade. THEN we have a concert in VT Wed night, and you know concerts start around 7. So I guess I'll be lugging my meds and syringes with me? but they check purses right?? will I be pulled over b/c they think I'm packing heroin or something?? THEN we have 2 more concerts on Fri and Sat night (this is all for that Frank Turner guy I mentioned a few months ago that we love - I know, we're nuts)!!! I can skip the hair salon celebration (which sucks b/c I think it's cool that he invited me) but everything else, I gotta make. Not to mention that the meds make me want to fall asleep at about 6:30....oh boy. :shrug:

Thank you everyone! Man I always knew we are a supportive group and its so much more special experiencing it like this.

DH was so happy. He turned red, had a big weepy smile on his face and gave me the longest hug. I fell in love all over again.

My HCG is 1185. The nurse who called said I'm about 5-6 weeks along. First appointment is next Thursday. I don't know what to do with my self until then!
Oh my....Congratulations. New to the group and I am already shedding a tear. I am so happy for you and hubby. I absolutely love it!!

I wish you the best honeybun..... Baby dust all over the place.

sugar - I teared up immediately at your DH's reaction and how you wrote about it. AWW! <3

just4 - well now that you've seen a bit of our crazy around here, you sure you want to join us?? ;)

well, so I just realized last night that I have a very busy stim cycle ahead....tonight I have dinner plans at a friend's house. I start stims tonight and am supposed to take them between 7-9. Guess the cat will be out of the bag there b/c I have to refrigerate one of them. Then my hair dresser just invited me to his celebration of his new salon he's opening for Monday night at 8. AND he's popping open this rare bottle of bourbon that he's had for about a decade. THEN we have a concert in VT Wed night, and you know concerts start around 7. So I guess I'll be lugging my meds and syringes with me? but they check purses right?? will I be pulled over b/c they think I'm packing heroin or something?? THEN we have 2 more concerts on Fri and Sat night (this is all for that Frank Turner guy I mentioned a few months ago that we love - I know, we're nuts)!!! I can skip the hair salon celebration (which sucks b/c I think it's cool that he invited me) but everything else, I gotta make. Not to mention that the meds make me want to fall asleep at about 6:30....oh boy. :shrug:
Lol Wish2BeMom - Naw I think I'll be sticking around. I could use some other crazy in my life :). You ladies are awesome!!!

But man oh man you have a busy schedule ahead of you.. Here's to staying up past 6:30pm.

TGIF my good Ladies,

Krasa am happy you have a plan in place and don&#8217;t worry Wish will be a good tour guide just as Left said. Cant wait to cheer you in this new journey. Good luck.

Justme43 welcome. Glad to have you in our group. All the best.

Sugar that is so sweet how you told DH. We all are praying for a happy 9 months for you.
Wish- oh boy I cant keep up with your schedule today. Have fun tonight.

Everyone else hi and enjoy your weekend.

Holy crap never mind the IVF I'm seriously jealous of your social life :haha: !!!!
Mmm ill be interested to see how you get those drug parafinalia in :haha:

Justme, so sorry I didn't properly welcome you! I just got SO FREAKING EXCITED for Sugar. I'm so glad you are here. I was afraid I'd never really connect to the amazing women who already knew each others life stories and menstrual cycles. Now I feel like I know them all; they are my friends, my confidants, my sounding boards. You will find the most loving, compassionate, knowledgeable women here. You'll fit right in!

I got my crosshairs today!!! We timed our bd the same as last cycle, so fingers crossed!!!

I'd love your positive thoughts tomorrow ladies. The plan was to have my follicle scan on Tuesday (cd12) with probable trigger on Wednesday and iui #3 on Thursday. We found out late last week that DH will be out of town all day Thursday, so we are going for a day earlier. Follicle scan now tomorrow (cd11) so that we have a shot at a Wednesday iui. I may not be ready. A day seems so insignificant, but it could mean precious milimeters and blow our whole cycle. I have no pain, which makes me wonder if anything is happening follicle wise. The past 4 months on femara, I've felt a fullness and eventually a painful pressure as the follies grow. Maybe they've stretched out that area by now, but more likely, there aren't any growing this month. I feel certain that something happened last month. The late period combined with the Tarantino levels of bleeding when it finally started lead me to that. If this month is a wash, it's okay, it's just that we have almost/sorta/kinda settled on 4 iui tries before ivf. If we have to skip this one, it moves us even further away. The decision is already so iffy that putting it out even more makes me nervous. DH has many many amazing qualities, but decisiveness is not one of them. We'd been living in our new house for 4 months before he decided on a trash can. He needed time to do research and read consumer reviews...on trash cans. So you can imagine the questions he has about a procedure that costs more than my SUV. It is what it is, but some crossed fingers, happy thoughts, and PMA would be awesome. You ladies are the best!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow Pothole. I really hope that it works for you and you have lots of lovely big follies all plump and waiting for the iui.
Lots of positive thoughts coming your way from Somerset, UK xxx

Thinking of you and sending truckloads of luck and positive energy your way xxxxxxx

Best of luck and big follie juju sent your way!!

Ellie-Great looking chart! GL this cycle.

Pothole-Here's wishing for some big healthy follies for you. GL too!

Hi Everyone else!

so many good vibes coming your way, pothole!! I hope this earlier plan works out to be a better one! COME ON, FOLLIES! :bodyb:

sugar - your tickers are so cute! Do you have to go in for any follow up blood tests or did you get the date of your first scan? how are you feeling?

ellie - excellent job on the timing! FX'ed for you that you caught that egg!

left - how are YOU feeling, girl?? 2nd tri now, yes? do you have a bump yet? any plans for the nursery?

afm - nothing terribly exciting. I go for my first follicle scan tomorrow. All stims went somewhat without a hitch over the weekend, tonight is day 4. Hopefully we'll see some growth in the morning. I'm not expecting a ton since I don't produce a ton but hopefully there are multiple. Just having slight headaches and definitely that early evening fatigue I was telling you about. Yesterday I was watching football, even MY team, and wanted to take a nap starting at around 2! :sleep:

Justme, so sorry I didn't properly welcome you! I just got SO FREAKING EXCITED for Sugar. I'm so glad you are here. I was afraid I'd never really connect to the amazing women who already knew each others life stories and menstrual cycles. Now I feel like I know them all; they are my friends, my confidants, my sounding boards. You will find the most loving, compassionate, knowledgeable women here. You'll fit right in!
Thank you Pothole, you're a sweetheart and I appreciate the welcome. I'm new but I was super excited for Sugar too. I love good news from anyone.

I've been reading and reading trying to catch up and so far I see just how amazing you all are....and so incredibly strong.

Thanks again...

I'd love your positive thoughts tomorrow ladies. The plan was to have my follicle scan on Tuesday (cd12) with probable trigger on Wednesday and iui #3 on Thursday. We found out late last week that DH will be out of town all day Thursday, so we are going for a day earlier. Follicle scan now tomorrow (cd11) so that we have a shot at a Wednesday iui. I may not be ready. A day seems so insignificant, but it could mean precious milimeters and blow our whole cycle. I have no pain, which makes me wonder if anything is happening follicle wise. The past 4 months on femara, I've felt a fullness and eventually a painful pressure as the follies grow. Maybe they've stretched out that area by now, but more likely, there aren't any growing this month. I feel certain that something happened last month. The late period combined with the Tarantino levels of bleeding when it finally started lead me to that. If this month is a wash, it's okay, it's just that we have almost/sorta/kinda settled on 4 iui tries before ivf. If we have to skip this one, it moves us even further away. The decision is already so iffy that putting it out even more makes me nervous. DH has many many amazing qualities, but decisiveness is not one of them. We'd been living in our new house for 4 months before he decided on a trash can. He needed time to do research and read consumer reviews...on trash cans. So you can imagine the questions he has about a procedure that costs more than my SUV. It is what it is, but some crossed fingers, happy thoughts, and PMA would be awesome. You ladies are the best!
I wish you the best and I hope that one day off has a "positive" impact for you. Fingers and toes crossed..

Btw...you are hilarious!!!

Good luck at your scan tomorrow Wish, hoping it shows some great follicles!

I'm so frustrated. AF has been early the past few months with spotting starting even sooner. This month, when I'm anxiously awaiting her so I can schedule my cd3 tests and HSG, she's taking her time. On time for her would have been yesterday and my temp dropped below CL, but I only had the tiniest amount of spotting. Today my temp is back up above CL, but not high, still no AF. I got hopeful for a bit and stopped to pick up a test on the way into work. I took it with SMU and BFN. So I guess my body is just playing tricks on me because I've been under a lot of stress lately. I really need her to show today because it's going to be really difficult to take off of work for an appointment later in the week. I'm just feeling annoyed and grumpy. AF pisses me off when she shows and pisses me off when she doesn't show. Ugh.

Pothole, sending all the mojo I can muster to those follies of yours. FX that the timing works out just right for you.

Ellie-so glad to hear that your crosshairs are back! Sounds like you are timing things just right to give yourselves the best chance of catching that egg.

Wish-GL on your scan-keep us posted. I'm following your every move on this cycle since I"ll be there soon enough. I'm particularly chuckling about how the meds make you tired-I have a hard time getting to 8 PM as it is, so this has the potential to be unfortunate for me :)

Left-Yeah, she actually used the word teenager. I swear I felt acne starting to pop up just hearing that. :)

Sugar-love the ticker!

Star, smithco, Justme, Dandi, hope your weeks have all started off awesomely.

AFM, CD16 and waiting to O. DH and I are still trying, maybe God will look down and say, you know what, I'm tossing you a carrot. :) Meant to write on Friday, as the IVF process is a bit different (I think, anyway) where I'm being seen. I had my intake appt which determined whether I need IVF or can get by with an IUI. The next appt is called the "new IVF appt", and you meet with the IVF team: doc, nurses, embryologist, financial counselor, etc. More blood and another ultrasound. Then the IVF team in its entirety meets, multiple docs, nurses, etc. and your case is presented and reviewed to determine whether you will be accepted into the program. Then you can be scheduled for the actual start of the process, and there may be a wait. Now, I'm grateful to have one of the ONLY TWO centers in my state located in the very town where I work, very convenient. I just wonder how long it's going to take to get the show actually on the road, now that it's been determined that a show should be scheduled. Sigh...academic medicine, gotta love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->