38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Dandi, just read your post. Dammit AF! Isn't it incredible how our bodies just seem to know when to throw a kink into previously established schedules? Sheesh. Hope she shows up soon.

dandi - FX'ed she gets here soon. Seriously, having to rely on our bodies to go along with a schedule is the WORST!

I am currently also experiencing scheduling issues with my cycle! I even think that my 2nd scan will be scheduled for Thurs morning, when I'm on my way back from VT! Which wouldn't be a problem if it was just DH and I but we're carpooling with another couple to the concert. So we're prob going to want to get some breakfast, etc. Ugh.

krasa - what a production!!! like you're interviewing for job! I hope that you get 'accepted' soon and you can get the show on the road. My goodness. Or just that you get the carrot and you don't have to worry about all of that baloney.

Ok, I am back!!!! Thank you all so much for your thoughts/prayers/etc. I cannot let you all know how much it made this easier for me.

Pothole, thinking about and and wishing you good luck!

Ellie, looking great in your end. Hoping you get that sticky little bean.

Left, I hope you are doing well! 2nd tri I believe for you and hoping you are breathing easier now!

Sugar, so friggin excited to see your new little ticker! YEAH!!!!

Justme, welcome! Sorry for your loss, and I will say these lovely ladies have been a lifeline for me.

Dandi, sorry about the crappy AF...seriously cannot she give us a break.

Krasa, so exciting for the IVF train. Woot woot! Hopefully you will be fast tracked and PUPO very soon!

Wish, how did the drug smuggling go? Never thought you would have to explain that to a security guard...no I swear it is not heroin, I am trying to get myself knocked up...yes sir I understand how most people get pregnant the good ole fashion way but I am special :rofl:

Star, hope you are feeling better. Must have been so crazy with the surgery, but so happy that they were able to fix it and hopefully get you big fat and preggo soon.

So a single solid temp this morning (at a God awful time...330am...ugh these 6 am flights suck!), and we are back in full sticky baby making mode. I have already warned DH he is getting attacked when I get back home. I think my hormones are still in overdrive and all I can think about is pouncing DH. I guess the only good part about him being on a work trip (he has been gone 9 days :cry: ) is that I cannot and will be a good girl and wait the 2 weeks since my D&C. Maybe karma is giving my body a nudge and will let me get my sticky bean without an IUI. A girl can hope right? Made the yummiest roasted veggie tacos last night. OMG so good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1
So glad you're ready to get back in the saddle Mdc. You never know what may be in store, but good ole practice can only help. Hope DH gets home soon, lol.

I just can't even focus today. Work is the definition of insanity at the moment and I have a huge report due today, but I'm so distracted. I keep going to the bathroom every 30 minutes to check for AF. On top of that, a friend from my close college circle (more like frienemy honestly) is having her baby today. We shared our news with our circle of friends the same week and our due dates were just 12 days apart. I haven't spoken to her since before my mc, but I've seen updates from mutual friends. She's having her baby as we speak and it's causing some funky emotions. I hate that. We've said it before and I'll say it again here.... this battle for a baby is not for the weak of heart.

So glad you're ready to get back in the saddle Mdc. You never know what may be in store, but good ole practice can only help. Hope DH gets home soon, lol.

I just can't even focus today. Work is the definition of insanity at the moment and I have a huge report due today, but I'm so distracted. I keep going to the bathroom every 30 minutes to check for AF. On top of that, a friend from my close college circle (more like frienemy honestly) is having her baby today. We shared our news with our circle of friends the same week and our due dates were just 12 days apart. I haven't spoken to her since before my mc, but I've seen updates from mutual friends. She's having her baby as we speak and it's causing some funky emotions. I hate that. We've said it before and I'll say it again here.... this battle for a baby is not for the weak of heart.
Aww Dandi - that is the worst. No wonder you can't focus today. Your mind is probably on the what could have been, what should have been, why it couldn't of been, etc.

I know in your hearts of hearts you are happy for your frienemy...because we're women right and in spite of it all - we are maternal and love moments like this. But who could blame you for not jumping for joy right now. Your feelings are completely normal.

You are strong and you will get through this. Just remember that your day will be here soon and we'll be updating our status in celebration of your baby :)..

welcome back, girlfriend!!! so happy to see you back with that sense of humor that we all love. :friends: I am wishing SO HARD that you are one of the lucky ones to get preggo right away after a m/c. You now know you CAN get preg, let's get on with it then!!
I haven't completed the drug smuggling just yet. Operation #1 takes place Wed night. Though I voiced my concerns to DH and we may have figured out a plan. Concert #1 is very close to our hotel, like 2 parking lots away. So I might be able to just sneak out and go shoot up, then head back over. It's a smaller venue and we know where we're going to stake out for seats/a spot so it should be easy.
Concerts #2 and #3 are at the same spots (House of Blues) which has a restaurant attached we'll be going to. If the doors open at 7, we can hang back a bit and I can just do it in the restaurant bathrooms.
Now the only issue is keeping the one med cold the entire time. In the hotel room should be fine b/c hopefully it has a refrigerator. But the HOB-bathroom ones will be tricky......

dandi - I'm sorry you're so distracted today. I can relate to the frienemy having a baby - my cousin gave birth to her 4th kid last week. 4TH. And she doesn't have a job, lives with her parents, etc etc etc. She's telling me all about the ultrasounds and crap she was having and I was just picturing my tax dollars paying for everything.....it's just not fair.

Dandi, sorry about the day. It is never easy but a frenemy ugh!

Wish, a pharmacist inside tip. If the hotel doesn't have a fridge by law they have to supply one for medications just say you are diabetic and need it for your insulin. Also for nonpreggo people it can be used as a little white lie to keep your champagne cool. :winkwink: Most medications are good to be at room temp for a while if you want I can do some research if you send me the med name. Or, ask your lovely PharmD that you got the meds from.

oh and your tacos look awesome, by the way. are you a vegetarian? I couldn't live without at least chicken!

thanks, doc - forgot we had an insider here! This is for my Gonal-F pen. Again, I'm not worried about the VT trip b/c I can bring a little insulated bag with an ice pack wrapped around it, but Boston will be a little different. We will probably be leaving here around 4 and I am supposed to take it between 7-9. 3 hrs seems excessive, unless I can just bring a bigger purse and stick it in a bag of ice or something...we'll see!

Scan shows 2 follices on the left, an 18 and a 20! We are a go for iui #3 on Wednesday. I'll trigger at midnight tonight. It was an exhausting day at work, so I'm going to rest a while.

Good evening Ladies,

Mdc- welcome back! Hoping you and all of us don’t stay here long though Please be nice and gentle with DH when he comes home……. 9 days is a long time to be gone…., heck do whatever with him. I am sure he wont mind. The tacos look good:)

Pothole- Yay to those follies. Fx crossed for you my friend. Praying that 3 is the magic #.

Dandi- Is AF here? I know right when you need her she acts up and pretend she is taking her sweet time and when you don’t need her she is like a day or two early! Uggh. Am sorry about today. Hoping tomorrow will be a stress free day for you.

Krasa- Glad you found a center close to your work. The process seems thorough but I am sure its for the best. Hey, am with you and praying that God does something during this cycle. I also found out that the only ONE IV center that is close to me is only 15 min away (same building as my OB) from my house. The other four centers that I know off are from 45- 2 hrs away.

Wish- Hahahahha cant wait to hear how your “drug smuggling” episode ends. On a side note, am praying for a super productive growth after your stims. Is headache and fatigue a side effect of the injections? Are they IM or sub Q injections? Maybe you mentioned this earlier am sorry if you did and am asking again.

Ellie- Thinking of you and my prayers are for you during this cycle. You did all you could do and lets hope for the best. Positive vibes your way.

Justme, Smitco, Left, Sugar- Greetings.

Afm, nothing really is happening over here. I am just here boring, healing day by day. DH is also praying and hoping that I heal quick and time goes fast for me to be back in the game. He was used to DTD more than he ever expected because of ttc but now he is getting none as per the discharge instructions from doc no DTD for 6 weeks. Today he txted me when he was at work reminding me this is week 2, 4 more to go. Anyway, he will live.

Hi Ladies, this is a busy busy thread and I've managed to catch up. I'm holding out hope for everyone.

Afm: I'm still having AF style cramps off and on. Occasional sharp pains in my boobs, heart burn, tiredness and extreme thirst too. I picked up some progesterone today. It's an old script from the RE b/c the obgyn hasn't checked progesterone levels yet. I decided to self medicate until I see what the obgyn says. I'm concerned this doc won't be as thorough as the RE. B/c this was natural we decided not to pay to be monitored by the RE. The obgyn is covered by insurance so not as much out of pocket.

That's about all for now.

Pothole, so happy for the plump little follies!

Wish, there a couple different types that but if this is the pen I found then it says it can be room temp for up to three months. https://www.emdserono.com/cmg.emdserono_us/en/images/Gonal-f_RFF_Pen_tcm115_19350.pdf. I would double check with your pharmacist because first bc it may be a different one.

Star, glad you are healing! Ha ha ha...4 more weeks. After you heal are you doing anything different? Sorry you probably said but avoiding looking back in the thread because it is easier to look forward.

Sugar, I totally remember the AF cramping on and off. Just know the lo is getting snuggled in nice and tight. Do you have your first appt set?

Ellie, when are you going to test? Not that I am stalking at all. :winkwink:

Dandi, AF show up yet?

Hi to everyone else!

Day 2 temping in the books. Ha! I forgot to say last week I took a pregnancy week estimator and it came back 2-3 weeks so I guess that is good. Hoping the next one on Friday will be negative. I emailed my doc a couple questions on Friday and no answer yet. Ugh! Maybe they are thinking I am turning into 'that' patient. For those of you in this crappy club how long did you have residual HCG and when did you get AF?

good morning! :coffee:

mdc - thank you so much for the info! I actually just looked at the pamphlet too and the key is that meds are already dispersed from the pen (like I have a 900 pen and only take 450 at a time), so I'll just bring a 1/2 pen with me and be good. Thank you!! To answer your other question, it took me 35 days after my D&C for AF to get here. Then the next month was 25 days.

star - so glad you're healing well! I'm not allowed any DTD either during my meds stage, so I hear ya! I guess we could in between retrieval and transfer, but usually you're recouping a bit after retrieval. Then none again after transfer for about 6 weeks!!

dandi - AF here yet?

pothole - so happy you had 2 plump ones!!!! potential for some twinnies!! either way, i'm really glad that the timing worked out for you. :thumbup:

sugar - cramping is really good! so is exhaustion! :)

hello to all of the other lovelies!

I had my first scan this morning - only 2 follicles but I've only had 4 days of stimming so she wasn't concerned. More will grow. I hope. If we can get to 7 again, I'll be psyched.

I didn't test afterward to see when I would get to a negative again, but AF showed almost 6 weeks post D&C.

As for this current month, AF still hasn't showed. This is officially my longest cycle in a year. My temp shot way up this morning, but I took it about an hour later than yesterday, so I'm not putting too much stock into that. I tested again just in case, but BFN. I'm having some brown spotting, but nothing consistent. I guess I just had to have ovulated later than FF predicted. Based on my temps and opk though, the latest I could have possibly ovulated would have been cd16, so maybe she will show before the end of the day. Nothing to do but wait it out.

oy dandi, I'm sorry AF is being such a brat this month.

and meant to answer Star's questions - yeah, fatigue and headaches are just a side effect. A few ladies have said of the Gonal-F in particular. And it's a sub-Q injection. I mix the drugs together and inject into a spot below/to the side of my belly button, switching sides each night.

I think the earliest would have to be Friday, since I'll be in VT on Thurs morning. Then we'll prob scan every day until trigger day, I'd think, which will hopefully be Tuesday.

Dandi- make sure you're drinking a lot of water. With the stress you're under sometimes dehydration can delay AF imo.

Good tip Sugar, I'm going to go fill up my water bottle right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->