38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Look at your temp rise! Woohoo, Mdc :) I'm so pleased that you are finally back on track!

So excited about your progress Mdc and Ellie:)

Expecting good news in the next few weeks!

I know we are rarely around on the weekends, ladies. But if you do pop in; send me good thoughts please. I started some bright red breakthrough bleeding yesterday evening. It's very sporadic and the on call nurse says that this happens all the time, but I'm pretty low. She wants us to call in the morning and reschedule our ultrasound for tomorrow for some peace of mind. I'll keep you posted. Love to you all.

Thinking of you Pothole! I know you must be worried, but try to remember that it could be so many things instead of the worst case scenario that our minds jump to. Hoping you get some good answers tomorrow!

Pothole, I am so sorry about the bleeding, but please try to be good to yourself. It does happen and many healthy babies are born even after a scare like that. You and your LO(s) are in my thoughts. Wish you only the best of luck tomorrow!

I'm thinking of you and sending really good vibes. xxx

Gosh what a scare pothole . Try rest and not think too much . The nurse is right first tri bleeding is very common and most time harmless . Ill be keeping you in my thoughts . I know it will be hard but do try get some sleep xxxx

I am sorry Pothole. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

thinking of you pothole and sending all the positive vibes i can your way! I think I've read numerous times that it's bleeding + cramping = bad. I would assume you would have noted cramping, so I'm hoping all is A-OK. Please post when you can!

mdc - :happydance: for you!!! look at your little overachievers! They have been wanting to play for some time now, I can't believe it's been 7 months. GOOD LUCK today!!! Digging your temp spike!! it's like your body is celebrating it's freedom to do what it's supposed to!

dandi - ok, sorry! I know I asked a few times when it was but I had last Thurs in my brain. Soooo - good luck to you tomorrow! I actually kinda think that's good that they won't do an additional test unless something suspect comes up. Why waste the time, money and worry.

hullo to everyone else! I hope you had a good weekend! :wave:

afm - lining check tomorrow morning. Hopefully all looks good. Cooking class is tonight, that will be fun. And one week until transfer!

can I get opinions on this, please? So all docs say that you should 'take it easy' from working out when on TWW and beyond. Except for walking, biking and swimming. Well, my only option out of these 3 is walking. BORING. I love my kickboxing and boot camp classes. Here is what those consist of:
KB:
15 mins of warm up of jumping rope, pushups, situps, mountain climbers, burpees, etc
then drills of either pairing up with someone and punching the sparring gloves or punching a bag; sometimes kicking drills on a bag; work with a medicine ball - throwing against a wall, doing situps/throwing, throwing into the floor, throwing above head after a squat

boot camp:
same medicine ball drills, drills with planks, jumps, cardio drills, pushup/burpee stuff, etc

I'm caught between keeping this going b/c it's good for me and it's not like I'm some extreme exerciser who loses her period and actually following the doc's orders and doing boring stuff. If I'm only doing the above 3-4x/week, that also lessens the 'extreme' of it, I'd think. I know I can also pull back a bit (doc says definitely no to jumping rope) but I don't know how to pull back on punching and kicking! hahaha I just don't know if those bodily actions are very extreme. I guess it's just hard to keep starting and stopping, and if it's something I really enjoy and it's healthy for me, maybe I should just keep doing it.
Thoughts welcome!!

(sorry for the book!!)

I think better safe than sorry and you should take it extra easy until Ace can snuggle in and get a tight grip. It's just a short period of time and with all the time, money, and effort you've put into getting your baby, it will be worth it to take a break and give it the best chance. I know people say, "but people get pregnant while being active all the time!" But everyone doesn't have to try as hard as some of us. I say take a hiatus.

Pothole, still thinking of you :hugs:

Dandi, cannot wait to hear the good results. I am sure you are a little stressed, but the numbers are in your favor!

Wish, good luck today girlie! I am sure your appt will go well. As for the exercise question that is a little tough. On one hand I say go for it, but I have recently looked into it a little and there are some 'studies' that recommend against it unless it is something you have been doing all the time before. I believe it might have something to do with the stress hormones that create a non-optimal environment. I know probably not what you want to hear, but if I had to choose I would probably not do them in the tww (or at least after potential implantation).

So IUI was a success! 74M little 85% motile swimmers headed toward hopefully and egg or two! As I was getting ready for my appt I did get really nervous and it hit me that this may work and then the thought of a mc made me want to vomit. Ugh. One day at a time.

Yay Mdc!!! Have you decided yet if you're going to test early or wait for the blood test? Tww here we go, fingers crossed for you!

Wish, I'd be on the safe side and pass on it until you are clear. Totally up to you of course :)

Pothole, I'm keeping fingers crossed that no news is good news.

Mdc, that is so awesome! I'll ovulate in a week or so, so we could be really close again! In so hopeful for you.

Dandi, good luck tomorrow!

Afm, just had penultimate Clomid and almost felt symptomatic today (warm and indigestion) but I think it was just an overheated classroom and hunger. I'm so keen to get this show on the road, I think DH might get jumped when he gets home!

thank you, girls - I really do appreciate it. I'm literally 50/50 so I'll go with relaxing. I'm actually even thinking of taking the morning, if not the whole day off. We'll see, though - it's a big testing go live for our client so I kinda gotta be on...blah.

WAHOOOOOO MDC!!! now take it easy, eat warm stuff, and keep your feet warm! :)

Mdc thats awesome. Keep up with the PMA!

Wish- hope your appt went well today. Take it easy just like the ladies said.

Pothole- thinking about you.

Krasa how are you doing?

Ellie- glad all is going well with Clomid. Are you done taking it?

Dandi- all the best with the upcoming scan. I believe all will be well.

Well, cd 2 here. After spotting for 3-4 days AF decided to show up. Tomorrow am going for cd 3 labs then will start bcp here shortly. Will keep you updated.

We have a heartbeat! I'm emotionally spent right now, so this will be on the short side. Spotting continued yesterday but moved to much heavier stuff today. My appointment was at 3, but at 12:30 I called and told them I was on the way. I was certain it was over. But there it was just blipping away on the screen. Scan showed no active bleeding within the uterus. Dr said this random bleeding could go on indefinitely. But everything measures as it should and we have a strong heartbeat. We were able to see it as well as hear it.

Pothole I'm so so happy for you :) great news and an amazing experience seeing and hearing the heartbeat for the first time :) sorry about the bleeding I'm sure you could do without that drama but at least you know its not connected to your lo :) xxxx I bet you didn't sleep very well last night so try get some rest :)

whewwwwwwwwww so glad, pothole!

no appt for me today, it's tomorrow. Aren't your calendars updated (and this is where I check back to see if I had a typo b/c that's altogether possible)?? ;)

cooking class is tonight, though!! thank GOD we get a glass of wine with it. I'm spent from my client going live today!

Yes Pothole! Thank goodness for that, I've been hoping for good news all day xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->