38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

mdc - yikes, that's an exhausting week! I have a few trips coming up in Feb too, I'm expecting to be fully exhausted by 3/1. LOVE the anecdote, I'm surprised they were so open about it! It truly can be such a tough road, some people have no idea.

ladibee - I'm not sure - you could have O'ed later than you think and this could be implantation. I'd keep testing until you get AF full on or a BFP. Good luck!

Hello ladies,

Wish- That’s a good lining. Things are looking good on your side. All prayers for the big day on Monday and beyond. October due date is great because that is my birthday month:)

Mdc- Feb 1st is around the corner. Excited for you. It’s a long road but I like that you wrote there is a happy ending out there. Sometimes the happy ending takes long to come but I know it will come.

Ladibee- Maybe you implanted late just like Wish stated. All the best. Keep us updated.

Pothole you are still in my prayers.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Well, I started bcp on Tuesday. On Monday I go for my Sono and prescriptions. I will know more on Monday.

TGIF for sure! DH and I are going out either tonight or tomorrow night for a belated anniversary dinner. There's a new place in town owned by the guy who invented the Segway. It's in one of our mill buildings (NH is known for them) and I think he brought it back to its roots a bit, should be beautiful.

mdc - I think we'll be testing a couple of days apart! even though you have like a full week on me, since they are implanting a frosted 5-day'er, I should have my beta around 2/3. YAY for us!! :)

star - how are the pills treating you? I hope ok. Things are gearing up now!!

dandi - are you noticing any change in how you feel since you're heading into the 2nd tri?

sugar - you've been quiet, how are you doing?

hello to everyone else! pothole - thinking of you <3

Have a wonderful dinner Wish. So far the bcp are treating me well. Its only been 3 days, we will see. By the way, where did you get your meds again? Trying to shop around for deals for meds.

I went back to work yesterday and I am glad I did. My Dude had barely eaten all weekend and was lethargic all week. They'd gotten a bit in him, but you could tell in one glance that he'd lost weight. And he's pure muscle, so there wasn't any to lose. He saw me, let out an enormous sigh, and started giggling. He ate everything in sight all day long, and was as loud and active as ever. I know it sounds crazy. I know even as I type it out. But he knew. He knew his Lolly was not okay. He knew before I did. He needed to see me. He needed to know I was alright, and then he was alright. This beautiful child, who mentally is about 11 months old, knew. He and I are connected in ways I can't explain. He saved my life 8 years ago, and I think he'll be the one to pull me back to happiness again. I'm still angry. Still heartbroken and confused and gutted. But my Dude needs me. So I will mend. Thank you all for loving me through this. The days and weeks to come are uncharted territory for me and I am glad to know I have this sisterhood to hold my hand as I navigate it. Love you.

The overwhelming sadness and heartache do fade in time. They never go completely but things start to be in a different perspective. I'm glad that Dude was there for you and you for him.

I found I needed to be back in work asap. I knew I'd sink without it, although it was hard. Just be kind to yourself xxx Thinking of you xxx

Oh pothole what a sad amazing story . It sounds like you guys have a connection that is beyond understanding and beyond words . Sounds like you need each other xxxxxx
Take it one day no one hour at a time xxxxxxx

Ladi, sorry for your loss, and I agree with the others. Fingers crossed that you get a BFP.

Pothole, that story have me goosebumps and you are not crazy. I do believe that some people just have that connection. I know the road is hard, but in time you will heal.

Wish, omg just a couple days now for Ace! And bump buddies to boot! Must seem like this is the easiest cycle ever. Cannot wait to hear about the restaurant.

Star, cannot wait to hear what they say on your appt.

Hi to everyone else!

Ff says I am dpo 7 but I really think it is 6. Man it relies so much on temps. It says I O'd the first day of the positive opk. Which I guess I could have but it would have been during the middle of the night. I did have mittels$&*% whatever (O pains :haha: ) both right and left the morning of the IUI so I am just going with Sunday morning. I guess the good news is that my BFP cycle ft did the same thing with O date, but I have two IUIs so hope I did not miss it this time. I guess time will tell. Oh yeah and the doc called in my Lovenox prescription in case I get my BFP. The RN did not give me many instructions because I guess she just thought I would know what to do. Well I guess I kind of do, but scared as all get out. I may have to be some advice from our RN star and all of you that have done subq. Luckily wish I remembered you had to get a letter to carry them on the plane. Never would have thought about that. Thank goodness for all you lovely ladies! Happy weekend everyone!

mdc - I'm wracking my brain trying to remember the name of the Rx site that has instructional videos for whichever kind of drug you're taking. Being a pharmacist, maybe you can find this quicker than me. But it makes it so much easier and you can refer to it over and over again as needed. Takes the stress out of it!

star - I went through Apothecary by Design and lots of people use Freedom Pharmacy. ABD is located out of Portland, ME, so I don't know if it's just a NE-based service area or not. Ask for discounts, coupons, rebates, whatever you can. ABD also really strives to work with your insurance and coupons and such to get you the cheapest cost out of pocket. Like they'll bill your insurance for Crinone but under a different need so it's free or something.

pothole - I'm SO glad you went back to work and had that experience with Dude. I'm sure you both healed so much in those few seconds. He sounds like your little guardian angel on earth. :hugs:

afm - yep, so excited for tomorrow!! I get the call today with the time I need to come in and last hurdle before all of this - little Ace needs to survive his thaw back into the world. I was thinking about that - I wonder how they know. It's not like it has a pulse yet and it starts beating once thawed. Just interesting stuff.
My mom has now taken to researching all I'm going through and she's amazed. She asks really good questions, it's so cute. "Are you on Clomid?" "What should your uterus lining be?" No, Ma, I haven't taken Clomid yet but I was on Lupron and that's what was in your fridge when I was down there hiding everything from you! :)
The downside to her knowing everything is she KNOWS that I'm transferring tomorrow and I've told her that if things go well, I'm going to be radio silence until we can say anything, just in case we lose it again or tests come back negatively or whatnot. So she's going to be clawing her eyeballs out wondering if things went well or not, or I guess just knowing that things did if I'm not announcing a negative in 2 weeks. I'd rather keep her in the dark about things, though, so she's not bursting at the seams to announce herself!

Ahhhh, Wish tomorrow! Good question about the egg thawing and I have never thought about that. So cute about your mom. I know you are going to be PUPO and cannot wait to be bump buddies!

All the best for tomorrow Wish!

Afm, think of me at 7.30pm tomorrow (2.30pm EST), when I'm having an ultrasound to see how my follicles and lining are doing. I'm excited to see, as my opk was bright white negative today, cd11, the day I ovulated last month. I'm hopeful that it will be positive on Tuesday for a Wednesday/Thursday ovulation.

Oooh Ellie an exciting day for you too ...... Hoping those follies are growing nicely and fruitfully !!!

good luck to you and your follies, ellie!! I'm rooting for you!!

ugh, my appt isn't until 12:30 EST tomorrow!! Annoying - middle of the work day and of course, I have to present something at a meeting that hasn't been scheduled yet as a kickoff to something. good grief!! it'll all work out - I'm going to be a working mother so I guess this is all just commonplace!

Wish- sending positive thoughts tomorrow. This is it! We are all rooting for ACE! How was your annivesary dinner? Its good your mother is involved and i pray she become a a grandmother to your ACE this year. Thanks for the tip on getting the meds. Will check out the pharmacies tomorrow.

Mdc- did you figure out about Lovenox? I always just pinch a pts abd and give the shot. I am not sure about traveling with it though. I know by now you already know what to do. You are a smart:). One of my meds is Lovenox too.

Pothole- am glad you have Dude. You both are leaning on each other now and sometimes thats a good feeling to know that you are needed and you are very important is another persons life. I am always thinking about you and praying for the best.

Ellie- Sending positive vibes tomorrow. Follies grow, we are expecting good news tomorrow!

Lady- hows the progress on testing. Fx.

Left, Dandi, Krasa, Sugar, F1- hope all is well with you ladies.

I hope i didnt miss anybody.

Afm, i have my Sono tomorrow then ordering my meds. Other than giving ourselves injections during nursing sch for practices/clinical rotations ages ago, i have never given myself any shots medically. I am an expert giving my pts shots but getting nervous i have to do it on me.

So much going on tomorrow! Good luck Wish, Ellie, Star!

wow there really IS so much going on today!! Good luck at the scans, ladies!

I just got the 'all clear' to come in for my appt - Ace survived the thaw!! Hooray!!

star - injecting yourself is daunting at first, then you step off the cliff and realize it's no big deal.

I read a cool quote yesterday, from some celebrity - something about fearing something so much and building it up in your mind, then you just throw yourself off the cliff and realize it was only a 1 ft drop. I loved that!

Woohoo Ace! Let's get this party started!

I love that quote, so true. I worked myself into a huge tizzy about my first self-injection (extremely squeamish needle-phobe here), then I just closed my eyes and stabbed. Once it was over, I realized the anticipation was 20 times worse than the actual injection.

Star - meant to say our anniversary dinner was delightful! Check out foundrynh.com, I think. Delicious!! We had a fun night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->