38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Chipie, no the trigger is fine too. I just take slowly. No biggie! And less than 4 months until your wedding! Wow!

Wish, six follicles that is AMAZING! I knew it would be a good cycle.

Star, so excited for your transfer!

Omg! Three almost PUPOs that in so wonderful!

I am finally home after the long trip and glad it is the weekend! I had a quarter sized spot of brown blood on dpo 4 (deffo to big and early for implantation) again which confused the heck out of me. It has since stopped and my temps are still up so maybe this is the new norm for me. Oh well, guess we will just wait for AF then see what my travel schedule looks like. It is getting crazy busy and making me even more crazy. I almost forgot I got my amh redone and the RN said it was great 1.7, but feb 2015 when I did it the level was 3.04 so now this is just adding to my paranoia. The RN said not to worry, but I feel the pressure now more than ever. I am really just considering moving on to IVF. Sigh!

Happy weekend to everyone!

chipie - yes, don't worry!! nothing really stings or hurts!! you'll be just fine, have faith. And WOW!! yeah, a wedding in 4 months! I hope you're knocked up for it! ;)

mdc - hmmmm that is bizarre! stupid bodies playing stupid games. And I thought you had a month off of traveling or something like that? dang it. When do you head back out, and where to?
Did you ever hear back about the approval to go to IVF? or do you have to go through one more medicated IUI cycle?

Wish, I am off until the end of March and then to RI for a week. To answer your question about IVF coverage I have news and trying not to get to excited. I did call my insurance because I wanted to know if iui's and meds go against my lifetime max (no for meds and yes for IUIs). While we were on the phone the RN asked about my history and she said even though my Dec IUI was cancelled since I had clomid it could be counted toward my three medicated IUIs because of TI and they would approve IVF! I just need the office to call in and confirm. So things could still go wrong, but I am hoping it goes through! PMA! PMA! PMA! Not going to tell DH until I get the full approval. Better yet I may be able to squeeze it in April!

I'm trying to process the news I had last night and it's really hard.
The scan showed follies and lining doing the right thing for cd9 (5.9mm lining and 2 left ovary follies of 13 and 15).

The results of the polypectomy and endometrial biopsy were not so good. Mr Akande ran tests as part of some research he is doing and I have elevated plasma cells in the endometrium which need a course of strong antibiotics, meaning this month is most likely yet again a bust as I can't start them until CD1 and the endometrium is not likely to support implantation in its current state.
I also have 15% NK cells which means I'll need steroids to ensure I don't reject a baby.
I've also been given progesterone pessaries to use if I do get pregnant this month. No idea why, as my progesterone levels have been really good.

I can't take it all in at the moment, but basically my body is trying really hard to produce an egg (which is most likely being fertilised) but then is not letting it implant and also trying to reject anything that does implant.

We are going to try the antibiotics next cycle then just go to IVF. He says he knows what he would have to do with the IVF to treat my issues. He also said "you're not as young as you were, so I wouldn't bother with IUI and just go straight to IVF".

In a way, that last news was a relief. It's going to be expensive though. My parents have said they will lend me the money. My health authority have just changed their funding policy and I might be able to get one round of ivf on the NHS, but I'm only going to use that if I can get it done by Mr Akande. I'm gong to see my GP next week and try to get an NHS referral to him. I have no idea if this is possible, but I'm not going to let Dr Joels anywhere near me, as she had no idea about and probably didn't know how to deal with my rather complex issues and would waste time.

I'm struggling to deal with all this. I'm trying not to feel like this is the end of the world. It's so much to take in and the disappointment of yet another month where I won't conceive is huge, especially given how awful the Clomid has been this month. To know I've got to take it again next month is not a nice thought. Especially with a high dose of tetracycline that will make me feel ill. I feel quite desperate and tears are close to the surface all the time.

I thought going through the cost and pain of getting the polyp out would mean I could move on, but it's not happened like that. The only good thing is that I was right to get it taken out by him because the NHS don't run those tests, so I'd be none the wiser.

Aw Ellie - that is a wallop of information. But things don't sound dire, just another challenge in the road. I also felt relief when my doc said go straight to IVF. I feel like you were lucky to find this guy and he has the right idea - get your uterus in proper shape to accept and hold that forever baby. So you'd maybe be able to fix things for May? You're not 'young', that's correct but you're not old either. You'll still have quite a few years left to try so it's best to get this under control now.
Try to hang in there!! I see good things in your future and I'm glad you have these answers and a man with a plan on your side. :hugs:

MDC - ohhh, we should meet up for dinner again when you're in RI! And that is SO EXCITING about IVF!! I'll contain my excitement until you get final word though! ;)

ellie - how are you doing? :hugs:

you're all very quiet! haha

star - excited for your transfer?

chipie - how are stims going?

I went in for another scan this morning (went yesterday too) - there are 4 follicles but still only one that is considered measurable. That one is 14, up from 11 yesterday, but the others are holding strong at 8, 9 and 10. This lead one is taking all the meds! I need these other ones to catch up so we either don't cancel or I don't have to spend more $$ on more pens. I'm hoping for a retrieval this weekend. Or, i guess, maybe an IUI. Easter retrievals make Christmas babies! :)

Hey Ellie yes that is loads of info to take in. How are you feeling? Hope you're ok. My initial reaction was how lucky are you to find that out and that now you know and can work towards resolving it then you'll definitely get pregnant. I'm sure it was a shock to you though and I hope that you've had some time for it to sink in now. Let us know how you're getting on!! Feels like you've had all the bad luck recently!

Hope you get your insurance sorted MDC

Wish, still all sounds promising. Will they not do ER with only one large follicle?

I actually only start Menopur tonight so 2 injections per night from now on. Not been too bad so far though so fingers crossed.

Thank goodness for a short week here leading up to Easter.

Good Morning girls,

Ellie- i am sorry about everything. I am glad you know what is going on now. If you decide to go ahead with Ivf, know that you will get more questions answered. You will also get more support. All the best with everything Ellie.

Wish- thats a good # of follicles. You are doing great. C'mon follies, catch up! This weekend wow! We will be PUPO at the same time.

Chipie- April will be here before you know it. Hows the wedding preparation and the ivf preparation going on?

Mdc- i am also hoping that insurance issue sorts itself quick!

Well, i had been having some cold and sinus infection the last couple of days and i was scared my FET would be cancelled. I am feeling better now. FET still set for 24th. I started PIO shots and boy, those IM needles are something else. I do my own IM injections. I am now a pro. I am also on abx until Sat. Tomorrow i start steroids and Saturday i start Lovenox and ASA. On top of that, i take my everyday vitamins. I am just a mobile Pharmacy. My urine smells medicine(sorry TMI). I am drinking alot of water but it still doesnt help that much.

Ellie, I'm so sorry to read of your frustration and disappointment. I know it must have been hard to get that news when you hoped that it would all be smooth sailing after getting rid of the polyp. I think it's just one more step in the right direction for you though. The more answers you get, the more prepared you are for what needs to be done in order to get that baby! Maybe this new info will be the key to everything!

Wish- I hope those follies catch up to the leader and you have a great retrieval!

Mdc- fingers crossed that everything works out how you want and you can move on to the next step. Possibly ivf as soon as next month, ahhhh!

Star- best of luck with your FET! So excited for you to be PUPO!

A new BFP is due on this thread and it sounds like we have a lot of potential in the works. I'm so hopeful and excited for you all!

Wow Star, that is a lot of meds. Sounds like you're an absolute pro with the injections now though! Eek 3 days, good luck for Thursday!!

star - yikes!! what are all of those meds for? I know the PIO is your progesterone but what are the rest for? You're transferring on my DH's bday. Considering we have the same anniversary too, it must mean good things!! FX'ed!

chipie - are you able to blend the 2 meds together and only give yourself one shot? I'm able to do that with my menopur and Gonal-F. It's worth asking!

dandi - hi! :wave: thanks for cheering us on! We do need a new BFP here soon, I concur.

The snow has stopped and the sun is trying to come out. We only got around 3" so that's fine. Just MELT please. :)

Wish, I asked about mixing them and she said no. What a b**ch (joke ;)). In fact she did worse than that, she laughed at me! She also laughed when I asked if I could put ice on it beforehand! She must have come from the school of hard knocks. Poor me :-(

Wish, come on follies gitty up! Weekend retrieval...say what!

Chipie, any follie scans yet?

Ellie, that is a lot to take in and I know it is disheartening to find that out, but at least you have a solid plan.

Star, I did see a YouTube video on pio and that does look intimidating. That is my biggest fear to have to do that. I am such a baby and hope 'when' I get approved it is just endometrium for me. You are a rock star! Glad you are feeling better!

Dandi, thanks for cheering us all along...now that we are pretty much turning into an IVF thread. :haha:

Hi everyone else!

I am just hanging out hoping AF stays a away until next week. I would love to get an approval of IVF and jump right in. So weird I never thought I was want IVF, but here I am. I also have acu this afternoon :wohoo: I had to cancel the last couple of weeks due to work so I am super pumped!

Ps how is it Monday already!

i'm trying to avoid work as much as possible today, apparently...

chipie - that's crap! you can't even ice it? screw that - ice it if you want. Did she say why? that's just weird. I was wondering if you could blend them, though - maybe b/c they are different kinds of meds? who knows.

mdc - we totally are becoming an IVF thread! look at us! enjoy your appt and becoming a melty puddle. I can't wait for mine tomorrow.

So this is good - I just got my call with my next instructions - I start my antagonist tomorrow (e2 = 315 and LH is 2.48, so gotta start hindering that now) and I don't have to go back until Wed morning. I measured at 14, 10, 9, 8 like I mentioned and I guess each side has an unmeasurable, so there's the 6 total. I told her I was guzzling water and she giggled and said that wouldn't do anything. So WHATEVER! :) she goes 'it IS good to stay hydrated! and that will fill 'em up for sure!' :haha: we had a good laugh about pineapple core and all of the weird things that we hear.

I just got absolutely crucified at the gym by my personal trainer. Exhausted!

Wish I am allowed to ice. I think she was laughing because she thought I wouldn't need to. She doesn't know how low my pain threshold is!

MDC yes join the IVF train! I'm actually enjoying it more than TTC. So less stressful ha. Never thought I'd say that. I guess the hard work is yet to come.

I only start the stims tonight so my first scan is next Monday- Easter Monday. Fun!

So if drinking water and eating pineapple is a load of rubbish, is there anything I can do to grow these follies?

chipie - nope, not according to my doc's office - they either will respond to the meds or they won't. And if they won't, it might not even be the meds but it might just be that there were only a couple (or one...or none) follicles ready for this month for you anyway.

Oh what a bummer. Hate it when Lady Luck is involved because she is not my friend

Well Menopur is a bit more stingy isn't it. Ouchy. Esp the 300iu mega dose I've got to take. Couldn't decide whether to go slowly for less pain or push it in quick to get it over with. Roll on ER.

Come on then follies- wakey wakey

tell me about it - she's not mine either!
yeah, menopur is the one that stings the most. Oh crap, I have to do my antagonist this morning....later!
ok done - that needle was a little thicker and I had to really stick it in! yikes. And there was a giant air bubble - so much that i thought it was already at the top of the syringe, so I just pushed the plunger and meds went flying everywhere. Sweet. Anyway, all done. It didn't sting, just a bigger needle. Blah.

Yes - your follies have to grow and grow! I can't wait for your first scan!

Chipie, sorry about the Menopur sting. I get a little sting from the trigger so I always go slowly and it helps me. That is just me though.

Wish, bigger needles yuck. I still have my fingers crossed for all the follies to get nice and plump for you!

Hi to everyone else. The office did not call me back yesterday...ahh the torture :hissy: I will probably fall after lunch today just to be a pest. So far AF is staying away, so hoping she stays away until next week.

So scary about what is going on in Brussels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->