38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Wish, that is awesome! Cannot wait for you to start inj!!!!! I think you fly back today so have a safe flight!

The doc called and the left over follie is 18 and she thinks there is no hope for my lining to catch up, so we are unfortunately going to cancel. I have made my peace with it and the fact that I am going to have to miss next month too because of travel. Time to let my body coast and get back to normal. The more I muck around the worse this is getting. I did ask if they would submit a PA for IVF even without the 3rd medicated iui to see what they would say. My fear is the the first iui that worked they may say I just need to keep trying and if that is the case f it and I will just pay for IVF myself. I did have a friend give me the IVF costs from our clinic just so I could see.

Yay for AF keeping away for Wish.

Chipie am sorry for the clinic messing up your schedule. Hope you are able to reschedule stuff around. Men dont get it sometimes. You can always vent out here.

Mdc- Boo to the lining! That was a good size follie. Well, time goes fast, before you know it you will back on track. Hope insurance disregards the first IUI, you never know.

Ellie- AF here yet?

Krasa hi.

AF decided to show up last night so called the clinic to get my baseline bloodwork and US to get ready for FET.

Ooo exciting times Star!! And yey for Wish's af staying away. Our bodies doing something we want for once.

MDC, really sorry you're having to cancel. How are you feeling? You sound totally zen and accepting about it but is that just for our benefit? Obviously it's totally not the end of the world but I had a mini tantrum yesterday when I had to wait 2 weeks so I guess you must feel at least a bit frustrated.

Any update Ellie?

Df has been really sweet since my tantrum. He's offered to pay for another hen do for me. The one I've planned is right around the time I'll be tested for pregnancy from this IVF. 4 nights in Portugal. Either I'll be commiserating not being pregnant or I'll have to explain to 12 girls why I'm not drinking, great.

Wish when do you start sticking yourself? I start on Monday...

Yay Star and Wish!
Mdc, not again :hugs: I'm so sorry.
Chipie, I'm glad DF is being a bit kinder.

Afm, no proper AF yet and temps still up. I spoke to the consultant today and he thinks it will arrive soon. I'll get a little more bleeding (I'm still getting bloody cm since the op) and usual AF cramps. Then I can start the clomid.

I found out why my progesterone is still high despite the d&c. It's obvious really: the corpus luteum stays up in the ovary so was not removed. Should have realised that.

Anyway, still waiting and really hoping for AF tomorrow.

My PGS results came back. Strikeout. They are not recommending trying again with my own eggs.

I'm so sorry girls, but I can't keep posting. The knowledge that I will never get to look into my child's eyes the first time has crushed my spirit. I will never get to know the love between mother and child.

Life has not been an easy thing for me. Sisyphus comes to mind.

I wish you all the very best and much better luck in building your families than was granted me. I love you all.

Krasa, I am so incredibly sorry. There are no words. I completely understand the need to break ties, but please know I will keep you in my thoughts. You will always be welcomed back if you feel you want to. The biggest hug to you friend.

Oh Krasa, my heart aches for you and I wish I could say something other than I'm thinking of you and we love you too. xxx
You are not being punished, it's just life being a bitch. You've done nothing wrong. :hugs:

I'm so sorry Krasa. Sending you so much love and support.

Oh Krasa, i dont even know what to say. I am so sorry. Its been a tough year for you and i just hope something good happens to you before the year end. I dont know what, but just something good. Sending massive prayers of comfort to you.

Oh my god I'm so sorry Krasa. As the others said, there are no words.

I hope your heart finds some peace

Karsa my heart is aching for you reading your post . What a incredibly painful place to be. No words I have can help but for what it is worth I'm sending all my strenght and love your way . I'm sure it looks so hopeless right now but life has a way of throwing us a lifeline just when we need it the most xxxxxxxxx

Krasa, I can't say more than all of the ladies have. I am so sorry. I want you to be able to find peace so badly. Good things will happen. There is a door that is opening for you, you just can't see it yet. Keep being the warrior you are through this life and like MDC said - we are here for you if you want to make it back to us. Love & hugs, my friend.

I hoped we'd start together but I'm not until Monday

I have just been reading about something called epigenetics, which shows that using donor eggs does not prevent the child inheriting anything from the mother. I think having to use donor eggs would be initially heart-breaking but this information might help someone coming to terms with the idea.

A quick Google search found this article.

I've started my last round of Clomid.
I'm having a surprisingly heavy period, considering I had a D&C last week!
Happy weekend everyone xx

Chipie - I was mistaken, I do start on Monday. Stim buddies!!

Ellie - that sounds really interesting. I'll take a look.

So I'm a bit sad - the meds cost so much this time around that we realized this might be it for us. We can't continue to afford $5k+ each time. I mean, hopefully we can get some to freeze this time but...ugh. Lots of thoughts. Though at the same time, I guess I'm almost ready to figure something else out.

Yeah! Wish and Chipie are stim and soon to be PUPO buddies.

Wish, ugh those meds are crazy expensive. I still feel like this is going to work and you got this!

Ellie, interesting book. Wow clomid already! Good luck!

good morning, ladies :coffee:

how was everyone's weekend? I had a 3-day one, it was quite relaxing. I recovered from jetlag/slammed week on Friday into Saturday but yesterday I was feeling better. Oh and I had my 2nd acupuncture appt on Saturday - I was sooooo relaxed. Love that stuff.

chipie - stims tonight! woohooo!

mdc - even though the IUI was cancelled, did the doc say you'd have a possible shot naturally this month? or is it just all around thpppppt?

Hello! Needle day one EEEEK. Has anyone injected Suprecur before? It's only 0.5 ml so it's probably gonna be a breeze (I'm telling myself).

I've just been for acupuncture too Wish, fell asleep today zzzzz. So it must have been relaxing.

Ellie, I need to read that article but thank you so much for posting. I haven't even read it yet but it made me feel hopeful.

Anyone else any news? Pothole and Star must be doing FET soon?

I just noticed my tag below my pic says 'BnB Addict' - I don't remember putting that there! I wonder if you get that after a certain # of posts or something. HA! it's true, I am an addict, for sure.

chipie - I haven't injected Suprecur before. I'm sure it will be a breeze for you! good luck! And yeah, I fell into a trance/sleep on Sat at acu too. Soooo nice. :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->