38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Addict :haha:
I've never fallen asleep in acupuncture, but it does make me feel so chilled out. I had to cancel appointment the day after operation and now she's not got any for ages, so I'm totally jealous of you both!!!

Good luck with the injections, I know you'll be fine. How exciting!

I take dose 4 of 5 Clomid tonight. My surprisingly heavy period has ended, so DH might be in for some action tonight, after a 3 week gap (caused by news about polyp making me feel vile and unsexy, then the operation and recovery, then my period)!!! I'm cd5 so a while until ovulation still, but can't hurt to get some practice in... I have to say, it's really nice not to be bleeding for the first time in 2 weeks!

I'm being scanned on Friday. It's a bit earlier than I'd have liked, cd9, but it was the only way to have it done by the consultant and therefore discuss next steps. I think I'm going to push for iui next cycle if this one fails. Which it won't.

I did it!
I can't believe I managed it because I was shaking so badly but then it was like my hand just took over and I just stabbed myself.
And to be honest, it didn't really hurt that much. But it kind of is a bit nerve wracking all the same. What a relief.

I'm glad you're coming to the end of all that's been happening to you Ellie. New starts for us all!

Wish, yes they did say I could do au natural, however we did not really try because a left over egg and a so so lining last time I think I would be worried even if it took it would not stay around long.

Ellie, best of luck this month and hopefully the scan will go over awesome!

Chipie, congrats on your first inj. The waiting is the worst part and even a needle phobe like myself proved no biggie. I even 'graduated' to doing my own trigger. :haha:

So my temps look like I O'd so yeah! Late last week I was thrown into a last minute meeting in NJ. Most unorganized meeting ever!!! That is what I get for leaving a top executive to plan. He just assumed I could get my a$$ on a plane with a couple days notice. Ugh! Got in at 2am, he was supposed to meet me at the client at 830am to talk about strategy, but his private plane was delayed (#roughlife). To top it off the meeting is a hour later, so now just waiting for him in a conference room a hour early (could have so used the extra 2 hours of sleep). I am fine with winging it, but so annoyed. Lesson learned! I see room service and wine in my near future.

mdc - wow, that's a crappy situation! I'd be sure that wine and room service were in my future too, on the company. Do you deal ok with jet lag? I can't remember if it's tougher going from west to east coast or vice versa. Either way, I don't deal well.

chipie - congrats on the first pinch!! not too shabby, huh?

ellie - so glad you're good to go!! This is it for you, I hope! hell, i hope it's it for all of us. We need another BFP in this crowd!

I did my first stim last night too - ALMOST FORGOT! ugh!!! If I can find a way to mess things up, apparently I will. My normal schedule was messed up a bit last night b/c I went to the gym at 6:15, home an hour later, couldn't eat a normal dinner so I made a protein shake, took a shower and finally sat on the couch. TOTALLY forgot that was around the time I should do my shot. DH had a late bball game so he left around 9 (also screwy with my schedule) so I just went up to bed. I'm supposed to do the shot between 7-9 every night and I didn't do it until 10:30!!! UGH!! But I do remember when I screwed this up last Sept that the nurse said as long as it was before 11, I should be fine. I'll do it from now on at 7:30, which means I'll be shooting up in a bathroom this Friday night when I go to a Wine/Chocolate/Cheese Fest with my girlfriends. Oh well, such is life.

hello to all of the other lovelies! I hope you all are well! <3

Wish, First...omg wine, cheese, and chocolate fest!!!! I will leave you all the chocolate in exchange for the cheese, but we would have to split the wine :haha:

Meeting went well, but I had to jump in a little to keep us on track. Not sure if the big guy liked it, but I did not fly out here to hear about how many people they both know. I have learned to be alright with jet lag, but sometimes I deal with it better than others. As for medications, have you tried setting a phone alarm? I also downloaded the cvs app and you can get medications reminders also. It is easier if you use a cvs because it is preloaded, but you can still type the med name in and get a reminder sent to you.

Hi to everyone else!

Hi everyone ... I'm sorry ive been MIA but ive been a wee bit busy ;) ill post the details and photos for those who feel up to it on the graduation thread but just to let you know two extraordinary things happened to me that have blown my mind . Little baby ANNA Bowe arrived into our lives ( lots of bnb aunties ) and I arrived home from the hospital to an act of sheer kindness and sincerity that knocked my socks off !!!!!!! You girls sent me over the edge with your SUPRISE ..... I'm sincerely very emotional about it :( speechless , can't find the words to express how I feel about the extraordinary gesture !!!!! I will find the words but right now I am only finding tears of gratitude .

My sincere love to you all for now and now my little adventure is out of the way i can 100% invest all my positive energy and effort inot getting All You girls knocked up xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations Left! Can't wait to see a picture of Anna :)

left!!!! Congratulations on the arrival little Anna!! <3 <3 <3 I cannot wait to see some pictures and hear how everything went. And I'm SO HAPPY you finally got your package!! What timing! :hug:

mdc - right?! you should fly out here for it - dinner beforehand (who needs it?!) and then off to the fest. I would enjoy the cheese with you and let the others enjoy the chocolate.
Nice job on managing the meeting. It's super tough sometimes esp in a room full of folks who just want to rub elbows.
funny - I did think about setting an alarm for myself. I'm going to do that now.

ugh, came down with a cold throughout the day today. I knew it was coming!!

Left- I am so excited for you. Welcome home baby Anna. Glad our little care package arrived on time to welcome baby Anna.

Ellie- all the best with Friday Scan. Yes, this circle will work!

Wish and Chipie- stim buddies! Cant wait to hear your updates.

Wish- dont forget your shots today:) Its almost time. We are both in Eastern time zone i know. Enjoy wine on my behalf. I am not a cheese or chocolate girl but definitely a wine girl!

Chipie- yay! You did it. Now you are a pro on doing your own Injections:)

Mdc- Good job in handling that meeting! What did you find out about Insurance and ivf? Am sorry if you mentioned this before.

Afm, nothing new really other than i started my estrogen patch and pills. I go tomorrow for a lining check then if all goes well ET still set for 24 or 25th.

Congrats Left! So can't wait to see your littles ones pics. Glad the package finally arrived too. I came so close to spilling the beans once!

Left, holy smokes! Welcome baby Anna!!!! I cannot wait to see pictures and hear about the delivery. So glad you got the present.

Wish, sorry about the cold. Maybe it is your immune system taking a dive in preparation for you to be PUPO!

Star, so very exciting about ET. How many are you transferring. I am still waiting to hear about the PA.

Hi to everyone else!

Congrats Left! So glad Anna has made her debut!

Congrats Left!! I think you may have your hands too full to be cheering us on but thank you for thinking of us. Wow I'm so excited and totally jealous if I'm honest.

Get well soon Wish, who needs that on top of all the sticking. Oh and pls do remember to do your injection ha ;-). It's all I bl00dy think about!

Star, v excited for your ET next week.

star - so excited for your ET!!! yes, how many are you transferring?? patch AND BCP - dang you'll be suppressed for sure!

left - still so darn excited! I told mdc that i started crying. I'll blame my one shot Monday night for making me teary yesterday!

i remembered my shot last night! set my alarm and everything. And I have to say, I felt a pinch in my ovary when i sneezed/coughed this morning, so maybe things are growing nicely this time. I had an acu appt this morning too and she poked me in a few new places - a few spots on my face for my nasal congestion and then a couple in my abdomen, plus the regular points. I think it's cool how she's changing things based on the day of my cycle.

Wish- Glad you did not forget your shots. Hopes and prayers throughout this cycle.

Chipie- How are you doing with the injections? I am sure by the end of this procedure you will be a pro.

Mdc- Can&#8217;t wait when you start the next step. Always rooting for you!

I am only transferring one. Yes, I am excited and nervous for the up keeping FET. I am doing what I have been instructed to do, trying to be calm, have faith that it will work, and just let it be. My US and blood gave me the green light for March 24th FET. I start my PIO on Saturday then in a week I start the steroids and Lovenox.

Hi to the rest of the ladies.

yay Star!! hopefully chipie and I will be retrieving or transferring around that time - we'll have 3 PUPOs in the hizzy! :rofl:

that reminds me of a joke:
Why did Snoop Dog need an umbrella?

fo' drizzle

Haha you do crack me up Wish.

Yes Star! Nearly time. Keep on being calm and positive!

Injections are going fine. I'm getting better now at drawing and not wasting a load of liquid or getting loads of bubbles. Side effects have kicked in though. Think this is what the menopause feels like, all head achy and hot flushes.

I've got a week of Menopur starting on Monday before I even go in for my first scan so I think I'll be a bit behind you ladies. Probably beginning of April before anything exciting happens...

MDC you said something that scared me a little tho- about graduating to do your own trigger. What's the trigger like then? Is that gonna hurt!?!

chipie - don't worry about the trigger - you only use a sliiiiightly bigger needle (and i'm not kidding). It doesn't sting or anything.

I had my first post-stim scan today and I'm showing 6 follicles! I am a little shocked! The most I've ever had was 7 in my first cycle, so this is great to me. And I wasn't expecting to see anything this early, so bonus! One is close to measurable and then there are 5 others hanging out. I was hoping, though - I worked out last night and when we were doing side-to-side abs with a medicine ball, I could tell there was more 'stuff' in my abdomen. So I'm going to relax and drink lots and lots of water this weekend and hopefully they'll all plump by early next week!

How's everyone else doing? I hope you have a great weekend. I'll be on to poke my head in - a woman on another thread I'm on is going in to see if what looked like an empty sac last week has grown into an actual embryo with a fetal pole and whatnot. Ugh, the pains of this entire process never cease to amaze me.

Yeyyyyy!!!! Go Wish!! 6 follicles woop! Yes deffo have a relaxing weekend, so excited for you.

And I think you're winding me up about the stim. I reckon it hurts like hell but I'll remain blissfully ignorant for now and worry about that later ha. I dreamt about injecting myself last night (and messing it up), I am officially obsessed, or mad. I've got to do it on a train tonight so we'll see how that goes!

Have good weekends all. I will be planning my wedding, tick tock less than 4 months eek

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->