38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Yes I agree about Brussells MDC. It so easily could have been London and a lot of my colleagues have friends or family living there. Thankfully I don't know of anyone who's been affected.

So that's me injected for another day. Getting quicker at prepping it all already. Took it slow and steady like you said MDC, much better. When will my ovaries start twinging Wish? ;-) Anyone had side effects from Menopur?

How are you doing Ellie after all your news? Hope you're ok...

2 days to go Star. Hope you are managing with all your mountain of meds!

Hi everyone :) gosh its busy on here :) I'm so sorry right now I don't have time to reply individually but I'm avidly reading along :) can someone please explain the process of the meds to me for IVF ? What's what for ? Sorry to ask stuipid questions but I'd really like to know ?

Love to you all ..... Ill be back properly soon xxxx for now think of me as a silent partner ;)lol

I lived in Brussels for a year and was horrified to see the news today. I was an apprentice with the Commission so the area affected was where I lived and worked. Terrible.

Sorry I'm not much good of a cheerleader at the moment. You've all got so much going on and the meds stuff goes over my head somewhat. I'm thinking of you all and wishing you so much good luck.
I'm about to ovulate and wondering if I have any chance of a bfp. It all comes down to whether or not my lining will allow it before I've taken the antibiotics. I want it so much it hurts. I just cried during my shellac nails... and nearly cried again because she did Easter bunnies on my ring fingers to cheer me up and they are so cute!

https://i63.tinypic.com/2dgj14k.jpg

Aw Ellie, I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. I'm crossing everything I can for you. You have to keep believing though. I know that's hard. The bunnys are super cute though.

Left, yes I imagine you're busy! MDC and Wish are probably the experts but I'll tell you my plan briefly but I think mine is quite simple compared to some. I did a week of injecting Suprecur which suppresses the production of all my natural hormones. Then yesterday I started Menopur as well which stimulates my ovaries to produce egg (s) (plz more than one!!). I'm on that for a week until my first scan next Mon then they'll scan every few days whilst I continue to take both meds until eggs are ready. Then I inject the trigger shot to stimulate ovulation 36 hrs before the egg retrieval under general anaesthetic. After that I take progesterone suppositories to make the lining grow and they put a good egg back in 3-5 days later. Hope I've explained that right :), I'm becoming an expert

Chipe thank you :) now it all makes sense to me . Wow that's alot of drugs :) I assume the Supress your own hormones so they have control of the process right ? So Monday is a big day for you :) ill keep EVERYHTING crossed here that there are lotsof nice strong eggs :)

Thanks Left! Yes the drugs are in control of me now, my body has been taken over!

So coming up we have Wish's scan today with (FX) possible egg retrieval in a few days from now, Star's Frozen Embryo Transfer tomorrow and then my first scan on Monday. GO GIRLS

GO CHIPIE!!! well done!! that's exactly right.
So I had an estrodial patch (sticker) to lightly suppress my hormones and then started Menopur and Gonal-F last week to stimulate. And now I'm also on an antagonist which will stop me from ovulating while continuing to stimulate and make the follicles grow. THEN once there are enough in the mature range (18-22mm), we'll trigger and follow the rest of the process, including the progesterone. So Chipie and I are on similar protocols. :)

ellie - I LOVE your nails, they are adorable. I'm so sorry you're hurting so badly. when your little one gets here, it will never know what hit it, it's life will be so full of love!!! <3 hang in there, girlie. :hugs:

left - I bet you're busy! whew! how long do you have off for maternity?

it really is so sad and just so stupid what happened in Brussels. My heart goes out to them.

scan this morning showed a lot of growth but we still have a bit of a way to go - 17.5, 12, 12, 12, 10, 9. So those little ones are showing signs they might catch up, at least by retrieval!! WOO!

Ellie, this is such a trying road and we know it all to well how it can be exhausting. Best of luck to you this cycle! That cute little bunny made me smile.

Chipie I cannot wait for your first scan! How many days of stims will you do before your first scan?

Left, thank you for the continual checking in. You are always such a positive force for this thread!

Wish, ahhhh....plump follies plump! When do you go back in?

I called my insurance (and talked to a lady that really must hate her job...anyhoo) and the office did not call them yet so I emailed my RN. My biggest pet peeve is when people do not follow through. :devil: I still have some time hopefully before AF, but what a load off if I knew we had approval for IVF and the meds were already approved. I haven't even asked if I could do a cycle this month because I am trying not to bombard them, but come on man! Last night I don't even remember what triggered it but all the stress came pouring out. One tear fell and then the flood gates opened. Poor DH must have been like WTH. I think all this travel that I have coming up is really wearing on my brain. I am trying to plan around IUI/IVF schedules but I have no idea when they will be which is super frustrating. I probably should take up yoga again. Need my zen back!

I know - they gotta hurry up and plump so we can trigger and not keep dumping cash. I go in again Friday morning.

awww, mdc - I'm so sorry you had a little breakdown. I think we all deserve it every now and then, though. We need it, really. I haven't had one in awhile, i know it's lurking. After awhile, it just becomes work to remain positive - especially when you're trying to juggle all of those calendars to make it work!
(might I just point out that your temp rose significantly on 11dpo and you just had an emotional breakdown....? just sayin' - and I hate that phrase now....)

Thanks Wish! I did see that temp also. I might be still taking progesterone without telling my doc to keep AF at bay :blush:, but I have been doing that for a couple days so doesn't explain the jump.

And SERIOUSLY the RN just emailed me back and said they did not call the auth in bc my last IUI got cancelled. Although I TOLD them the insurance will approve IVF with three cycles of o stimulation even if there was no IUI! Omg, so frustrating.

Hello Ladies,

Dandi- Good for you to stop by and say hi. Thanks for the good luck! We all need it.

Ellie- I do hope you get a chance for your bfp so you do not have to go through a bunch of meds! I am familiar with meds for medical conditions such as kidney and heart medications because I work in a Kidney/Dialysis unit and Cardiac floor but fertility meds are all new to me. I learn every day from this journey. Cute nails by the way.

Chipie- Menopur did sting for me too. I did not have side effects with Menopur. At one time I was taking 3 different injections in a day. Menopur and Gonal F at night, Cetrotide in the morning. Now I am to only one big ash needle IM needle only one day. Next Mon is a big day for you. Cannot wait to hear the good # of follicles you will have&#8230;.I am an optimist as you can tell.

Mdc- I am also sad about Brussels. It just too much now. RN is really playing with your life now. Can't she see your time is precious! I am rooting for AF to stay away too. Can&#8217;t wait for you to start this next chapter of ttc.

Wish- That's good the follicles are growing. This weekend is retrieval huh! I am excited for you. We will be PUPO together. Tell your hubby happy birthday from your anniversary mate!

Left- It is nice to hear from you. Understanding these IVF meds is a day to day process.

Afm, I have been working extra hours these past few days as per arrangement with my manager so that I can have a couple of days off after my ET tomorrow. Due to the physical nature of my job I did not feel comfortable going to work immediately after my FET like I did after my ER and I paid dearly for it. That is why I have been MIA. And we are to have a snow storm today until tomorrow! Lucky me!
About the meds I am taking for FET:
Lupron IM- This was a one-time dose that I did 2-3 days before my period.

Estradiol patches and pills- I started these on CD 2 after baseline US and blood work.

PIO- You all know about the progesterone. They are to help with the lining too before implantation. I started these on Saturday, CD 12 and will go on until am 12 weeks pregnant. I did look at some Youtube video on self-injecting PIO. The first day it took me almost 15 min talking to myself I can do this! I can do this! I wish my DH would it but when I come home in the morning he is always gone to work. So I had no choice but to learn to do them myself. The things we do to get a baby, the good Lord only knows.

Steroids/Prednisone - It&#8217;s supposed to help my body accept the pregnancy and not fight it off as if it were a foreign body or infection. The steroids also will suppress my immune function for better implantation as per my RE. I started these yesterday- CD 14

Abx- These are to wipe out any potential bacteria that may affect implantation. I started these on Saturday, CD 12 and my last day to take them is today.

Lovenox/ASA &#8211; I will start on these on Saturday, 2dpt. My RE stated that he puts most of his patients 38 yrs. and up these to help thin the blood for possible blood clotting after implantation. Apparently he has success on with this protocol.
I am sorry for the long book&#8230;.I will pen off here. I will keep you updated tomorrow.

Star, do you have NK cells? I only ask because I'll have to do steroids when I get pregnant because of this issue.

Good luck everyone! I'm so excited for you all plumping and injecting and transferring! I love you girls so much, it's odd that I've not met any of you but I'd trust you above many people I've known for years in real life.

Star, best of luck tomorrow and I bet you are ready for a couple relaxing days off. I saw YouTube PIO and man those are scary. You are so close to be PUPO :wohoo:

Wowzers Star, that is a hell of a lot of drugs to remember! And I daren't even think about PIO. That sounds like something to be really scared about. Not like my wimpy needles. I don't think I have to do that though, I'm pretty sure mine are suppositories. LOADS of luck tomorrow.

Well since I've been posting on here (for the second time) MDC you've always been super strong despite everything that's been thrown at you so I don't blame you for having a little melt down. It's good for the soul, to get all that negativeness out. It sounds like your RE is really testing your patience, hang in there.

Wish, good follies! Those trio of 12's are gonna have growth spurts I just know it! Come on follies!!

Ah Ellie, bless you that's so sweet. I know what you mean though, you guys are my support at the mo as I've chosen to tell no one about this so far, can't bare them waiting expectantly for news. So I don't know what I'd do without blabbing to you all every day, probably burst!

So I've actually got an appointment tomorrow at ARGC which is reputably the best IVF clinic in the UK. This is plan b- where we go if this round fails with the Lister Clinic. But it's not going to fail of course :)

Yes Ellie i have NK cells too. Didnt know until after i started this IVF process. Sending love you too Ellie and we can all do this together. We will get there. Do not ever lose hope.

Oh yeah and I forgot to say MDC, I will have done 7 days of stim when I go for my first scan. That sounds a lot to me, more than most people do? It might be because they think I'll only produce one or two eggs. Eek fingers crossed.

Thank you Mdc. I was also scared looking at them long needles and thinking that the whole thing will go inside me. After the first injection, everything is smooth. I am not a small girl either (5 7" 150lbs) with a good size behind so i guess that helps:)

Chipie i went for my first US and bloodwork after 6 days of stims i believe. Yes, this circle will not fail! Am with you sister!

Good luck for tommrow Star :) ill be thinking of you and your little emby :) snuggle down LO :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->