38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Morning ladies,

Tui your chart was indeed looking good! And as for your test - a line is a line! :wohoo: :happydance:

Lola - any news on your side? FXed AF stays away!

Booger - enjoy all the naked time you can get!!

AFM - I'm childless today! yay ME time so have booked a hot stone massage for this afternoon. Thinking of getting a pedi too. But before that I have a house to clean ggrrr
On the TTC front still no sign of O but still have a few days - Think I might O over the weekend.

Hope everyone else is doing well

Hi ladies,

Just heard today that my sister has had a miscarriage. She went for her 12 week scan and there was only a sac, no baby.
I would like to treat her to help lift her spirits. What can I do for her?

Oh, Skweek - so sorry to hear about your sister! I'm horrible when it comes to these types of situations. Are you close enough that you can visit and just spend some time with her? When this happened to my brother and his wife a few years back I just sent them a nice, personal note telling them how much I loved them and they were in my thoughts (they live 2000 miles away from me). But it's different when it's your sister, especially if you guys are close.

Booger, tbh, She is one of those sisters who gets on my nerves most times but do we do get on most of the time.
It is also her 40th birthday at the end of next week and we have already got a surprise birthday planned for her. My brother is coming over with his family from Dublin.
Was thinking I can take her out the week after for lunch or afternoon tea or something.

Hi ladies,

Just heard today that my sister has had a miscarriage. She went for her 12 week scan and there was only a sac, no baby.
I would like to treat her to help lift her spirits. What can I do for her?

Such a horrible way to find out isn't it. Poor thing.

Gift wise it depends how she is taking it. She may just want chocolate and a dvd, and big hugs from her sis.

sorry about your sister.. It depends how she takes it, maybe she'll want some time alone and you can send her texts to show her you're around if she needs it. Or as Tui said, chocolates, a dvd and a spending an evening together could be nice too.

It's terrible and scary to see how much that happens..I hope we'll all get a healthy pregnancy one day.

Skweek - So sorry about your sister. You could just let her know that you are there for her if she needs you. Even though my losses were early, I needed some alone time but I know some people want others around so they can cope with their losses. I hope she feels better soon.

Booger - I hope your appointment with the RE goes well.

Lola - Fx'ed that AF stays away.

Tui - You are still early and Fx'ed you get darker lines.

AFM - on CD 9 today. Should be ovulating in 4-5 days so the bedding marathon starts from today.

Hi everyone! Sorry i have been absent for a while. Last three weeks were tough. Finally packed our house for our move to London and started our six week tour with families. Last cycle was a disaster. I got sick on CD 10 and did not get better until CD 17, so there was practically no chance. Got my period yesterday, which is, again, an early cycle. I just learnt that my mom has hypothyroidism, which can be genetic, so of course, I am wondering if my sudden short cycles are not due to hypothyroidism, since FSH was ok. In any case, if nothing happens in a couple more cycles, I will go check it out. I am wondering whether I am ovulating at all in these short cycles.

On the brighter side, we are going on a sailing vacation August 9 to 16 right on my next fertile window (theoretically). Hopefully that will help with the BD.

Sorry about your sister skweek, it's sad. I am sure just talking to you will help.
Tui and Lola keeping fingers crossed! Booger, sorry to hear about your blocked tube. It's great to have IVF as an option. Sometimes I regret all this worrying we have to do. But only fifty years ago, women worried as much, but had only prayers to help them, not technology...:)

Best of luck to everyone. I'll sneak in to see how you are all doing.

Thanks so much ladies. I spoke toher briefly last night and she seemed in good spirits. Her bf keeps saying they are not coping at all but then he is always so negative!
Nikki - enjoy all the naked time you can get. FXed you catch that egg!

Gonimi - good to hear the packing is all done. Hope the sailing trip is a fruitful one! When do you arrive in London?

Tui - have you tested again?

Lola- How's is your cycle going?

AFM - I'm expecting to o this weekend but opk's are still negative. Will try getting some make time in soon.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Sorry Tui. I'm out too, Af arrived this morning.. my cycles are longer now, I don't know why..they used to be 26 days long now they are 29...

Hello ladies

I am somewhat disappointed. My screen on my phone cracked and I couldn't see anything on it. Which means my calendar is gone. I don't remember my exact date I had my last AF, what day I got my happy face.

On July 17th I had a doctors appointment and I remember the form asking when I got my past period. I remember writing last week. That is the only thing I can kind of base off when my tww is near or past.

However, I did notice for the past 2 or 3 months my bf would get her a 1 day before mine so I have been asking if she has gotten it. But I haven't asked in the 2 days.

Lola - so sorry to hear af is visiting again. Did you say you are seeing the doctor next week?

AFM - well there is no denying I'm ovulating I the next 36 hours! Have been doing opk's up to 3 times a day for the last 4 days and omg the one I just did is darker than the control line.
I did grab OH lay night. Will if I can convince him again tonight.
Hope everyone else has had a good start to the week.

Hello Ladies!!

I found this thread by googling...lol I am so glad I did! Well here is a little about me, 37 ttc #1 have been trying for about a year. Went to Dr in June had an HSG on July 15th which found that one of my tubes has a polyp so I am scheduled for a D&C/ Hysterocscopy to remove polyp on the 8th this Friday.

Of course I initially freaked out because I thought there was something seriously wrong with me but after reading about other ladies(on another thread) success after procedure I am hoping this is a step towards my BFP. I welcome any feed back on the procedure(if anyone has had a D&C or Hysterocscopy)

Hi Tui!! I was on here before as Redbird but I forgot my login info and created another one. It's been a world wind for me the last few months but I am back!!! I am glad you are staying positive and hopeful all will work out in time :) I am exciting for ALL of us!!! :) :)

Hi amil, welcome back. I don't know anything about your procedure sorry, but I hope it goes well and you get your bfp after.

Lola - Sorry stupid AF got you. :hugs: Not sure what to say about your cycles getting longer - that's strange. Hopefully this cycle will go back to normal for you.

Skweek - Hooray for ovulation!Hope you have some good naked time with your OH. I hope your sister is doing okay, too.

Tui - Sorry about the stupid back and forth tests. Grrrrrrrr. How annoying. As if TTC wasn't stressful enough all on it's own! :hugs:

Gonimi - Good to see you check in. Your sailing trip sounds like fun. You know what they say "When the boats a rockin....." Let us know when you're settled.

Hi Amil - Welcome back! I hope your polyp removal goes well! I hear that having them removed can really improve your chances as they seem to be a pretty common cause of infertility. Good luck.

Nikki - Good luck catching the egg this cycle! Have fun in your naked time marathon. We need some good luck again on this thread.

Thanks ladies. Yes my sister had her D&C today. She was apparently sore afterwards (which I would expect). Now just waiting on the lab results.

Welcome back Amil. Hope the polyp removal goes well. FXed you get BFP soon after that

On no! Tui and Lola I am really bummed. I am quickly checking in from not much internet access. I was thinking of you hoping to get some good news. Oh well. Chin up for all of us and on to the next try. I know we will get good news soon!

Skweek I am moving to london on aug 18th...scary but exciting!

lots of hugs to everyone!

It's official, AF has arrived. Stupid tests are in the bin. Beware of ICs, they lie! I got 2 positive lines this tww.

Tui - Sorry stupid AF got you. :nope: Glad you threw away the IC! Hopefully this next cycle will be kinder to you.

Gonimi - You're oh so close to being a Londoner! Although I wonder if it's like where I currently live - in order to add the "er" part to our location when describing where you are from you have to have been born here. Funny little quirks of places.

How is everyone?

Ugh. I am almost certain that AF is just around the corner. I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up later this afternoon or tomorrow based on how I am feeling. I am crampy, bloated, along with tender, swollen breasts. I'm also ragey (watch out poor co-workers) which is my surefire symptom that AF is imminent. If she shows tomorrow, that gives me an 8-day luteal phase this cycle. That would be my shortest yet! Just another sign that my ovaries are shriveling up and dying. Sigh. I am going at lunch to get a big, fat cookie - I don't care. I have been craving one for days and it's time!

We head out this evening for the RE appointment. It's not until tomorrow morning but seeing as it's 4 hour drive over there we have to make it an overnighter. That's okay - maybe we can find a nice place to have dinner. We'll come back tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->