38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

I am not sure if the mammogram is b/c I'm asking for Letrozole and per mdc, this is actually a drug used for breast cancer. Or if it's b/c I'm 40 now and it's a requirement for doing fertility treatment like an updated pap is. Either way, I hope I can jump to the top of that list too!! until then, i'm going to continue to work out, eat right, take my vitamins and maybe have a little wine. I'm probably screwing this all up with the wine. Ugh.

Wish, ugh that is not fair. Just a little boobie squeezie should not take that long to get scheduled. :haha: I hope you get rocking and rolling on this cycle. I bet there will be a cancellation from someone before then. No one really wants to do that.
Glad the day 3 us was good to go!

Ellie, happy birthday and glad you got em in! I was so going to post on your FB the question about what our vagina is called based on the last movie you saw but...mine would be called Room. :rofl: Not sure my FIL would find that entertaining so I could not post, but honestly too funny not to post here.

Star, glad you are doing well and your weekend does not sound fun. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Cristy, hopefully we can make some people laugh will all this craziness. Ha!

Hi Dandi and left!

No stims for me yet I start tomorrow. Yikes! I swear I keep checking to make sure my meds do not randomly disappear like a crazy person. Anyhoo, ready to get this show on the road and REALLY ready to go home. One more client meeting and then of course the thousand follow up items. Never ending.

Aargh, it must be torture waiting to start stimming. I thought it started as soon as you get the all clear? Room, hehehe! I got Jungle Book, which is really not true at all!

Someone on an IVF thread I'm on got to find out the gender straight away because she had the embies tested. Isn't that amazing and a bit weird? I think I'd want to wait until a scan at least! Then again, I bet people found it odd when scans first happened and you could find out before birth. Henry VIII would have beheaded his wives even quicker had they had scans back then (sorry, Tudors obsessed)!

So I'm just waiting. I have 2 waits now, as I ovulated yesterday. I have a 5 day wait for starting DR and then the usual 2ww, but will probably start testing at about 7dpo for that, because every day will count if I am as I will need to stall the IVF. Gulp.

Have a good Friday everyone :) xxx

Ellie that's hilarious re Henry and the wives !!!! I've started my day with a smile now :)

Ellie :haha: good call on Henry VIII!! And I loved the Jungle Book reference - all I could think of was maybe you needed a Brazilian! :rofl:

mdc - Room!! :rofl: holy crap, this is funny. I hope you get to go home SOON and have a fun and/or relaxing weekend.

yeah, it's pretty cool that you can know the gender straight away. My kickboxing instructor was saying that they can actually even tell if you're having a girl, how successful SHE'LL be at having kids. Like we're all born with a certain # of eggs, etc. It's crazy.
Actually I think someone on here (Dandi?) was notified of the gender of her miscarriage, without her asking. That was horrible. :nope:

No, not me, but I remember that. Mdc I think? I would have been ok with finding out, but I wouldn't want them to just throw that information at me without warning.

Hi all. I am new on the babyandbump. I'm just getting used here but I have seen your posts and I wanted to join here saying a big birthday wish to you Ellie and big and many many hugs to all!!

Thank you Cristy. I'd love to hear your story. Are you TTC? Where are you from etc etc...

oh that's right - it was mdc. We actually talked about it at lunch when we met up too. #awesomememory

welcome, cristy! yes, please share your story with us. We're always ready to cheer on another!

I got my treatment schedule through today!
Down regging to start next Wednesday.
Baseline scan 10th June and likely to start stimming that day too.
With the Gonal-F, I'm only having 150iu one day, 75iu the next to avoid OHSS.
Scan on 17th June.
Retrieval expected around 24th June.
I should be PUPO by the end of June! Come on!

Ellie, I am on that thread too, but it was moving so fast I lost track. I probably should jump back in now that I am ready to go. Fingers crossed for all the opportunities you have! Either way preggo is what you will be. I will hopefully be there with you.

Wish, yeah that was me. Which reminds me I want to make sure in the pgs report they do not tell us the gender. #weneedtomeetupagain

Hi Christi, left, dandi and everyone else!

Tminus 5 hours to shot up. Yikes!

I'll be using prednisolone against my natural born killers! Will be great.
I look at the success rates for IVF today and was saddened at first. But then I saw the number rise significantly after transfer of healthy embies and blasts. When you add in assisted hatching and embryoGlue, both of which I'm using, the results look amazing! I think with my egg store and DH's swimmers, we should ok once they sort out my hostile lining!!!

I really think you're both going to do so well with IVF. I can't wait to see the BFPs come rolling in!!
Get them Woody Harrelsons and Juliette Lewises!!

YES, mdc - when are you coming to Boston? I should be due for a trip to CA in July or August. The client is (hopefully) going live 8/31, so I should be out there a couple of times going through testing with them.

I need to get going on looking into adoption. I haven't done ANY research yet. I've really just been trying to concentrate on working out and work has been KILLING me. I haven't had any spare time to get online and when I log off from work, the last thing I want to do is more 'work'. DH certainly isn't going to do the research. I wonder why that is - I never hear any of us (anyone on this website!!) saying DH is doing the work to look into Assisted Conception/Adoption/whatnot.

It's definitely hormonal, Wish. Our men want children and all, but they don't have the clock ticking, hormone screaming desperation that we have. Even when they know it needs sorting out, the urge to do so just isn't there. Plus, these things are a real hassle. Why would they bother going through that when they know we will? Sometimes it does get me down the way DH blunders through things, letting me sort things out: tidy his mess, make appointments, cry the tears. I just have to remember what my hairdresser told me the other week: men are fundamentally like big babies. They need lots of encouragement and praise and they will rarely do things without these. It's annoying, but I have to accept it or I'll wear myself out.

Mine just put a great big guitar amplifier on the kitchen table to repair. When he finished, he'd made 3 holes in MY (I paid for it) beautiful tablecloth. What a pillock.

Anyway, Stork (the fertility meds company) rang today and are delivering tomorrow! Just as well, since I start the next day! They then called my dad to take payment and it was half what I'd expected... phew!

It's our first wedding anniversary today. Next year, we will have a small baby. Determined.

How's everyone else? xxx

If/when I start a preggo journal I think the title will have to be 'who knew my first step to have my baby would be shooting up in a airport bathroom' :rofl: The picture below is my on the airport toilet with my iPad to spread out my meds so they did not fall on the floor. Ewwwww! Not sure if that is what Steve Jobs had in mind when he created the iPad, but he must approve of my creativeness.

Ellie, happy anniversary and good luck with the meds. What is your down reg drug?

Wish, my trip was last week. Since I did not know what my schedule was going to be I booked a flight that left here late so I landed after midnight and then out that afternoon for a Chicago meeting. Next time I will make it longer. Let me know when you are in CA again. Although I am quite certain there will be no vino allowed for either of us. FX'd.

I survived the first inj although my hands were shaking so bad and that was mostly because I was paranoid of dropping stuff on the gross floor. Overall 3 days of inj down and appt tomorrow morning. Yikes! Good thing I have acu today! Not many side effects yet so I hope all is going as expected. How did everyone feel after day 3 of stims?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 5
Wish, forgot to agree with the research part and DHs. When we signed all the paperwork he did not even read it and said he trusted my judgement. Really?!?! I would say likely part of it is that they know we will do it so it is easy to get off easy. Small glimmer of hope the other day I purposely did not pick up something from the living room and a couple days later DH said 'why is this still here?' Insert :growlmad: and he said 'well I guess I could have picked it up too.' Good boy...pat on the head (not literally :haha: ) but baby steps.

Lol!
Down regs: I'm on norethisterone tablets for 7 days starting Wednesday, to enable withdrawal bleed a few days after I stop it. I start buserelin nasal spray on Friday. Got to spray it 5 x daily, including at school.
Injections of Gonal-F probably from 10th June, depending on outcome of baseline scan that day.

HA! that looks so familiar. If you have to keep doing it, you'll learn how to take shortcuts. I think you can prep a menopur syringe and just take that with you. And if you're able to combine the Follistim in with the menopur - BAM, one syringe for all.

Re: the research - sure, I guess I don't research the best snowblowers or lawn mowers or whatever. And I'm home during the day with no one walking up to my cubical behind me to see me on an adoption website, so I guess I have more of the flexibility. And yes, I do think that he thinks I'll just be on top of all of this and feed him the info. Which I guess is fine, I just thought it was funny.

Happy anniversary, Ellie! I absolutely LOVED that gift that DH got you!!

Way to go Mdc! I can't imagine doing my first injection under such stressful circumstances. I was in the comfy confines of my office and was still a nervous wreck. You rock! Good luck at your appt tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->