38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Hi ladies,

Mdc- hats off for you for the doing your injections in the airport.

Ellie- you on your way to get your baby. By this time next year you will have your lo. Happy anniversary!

Wish- all the best with finding all you need on adoption. I am praying for the IUI too. On research, my DH also just signs the papers. Though he tries to ask about stuff.

Dandi- You days are getting closer. Excited for you.

I finally had my US today instead of Friday last week and got released to my Ob. My Sil also left today so back to my peaceful house.

Have a good evening ladies.

Congratulations Star! Does it feel more real now? How many weeks are you now? xxx

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/a...406-my-journey-meeting-next-love-my-life.html

I don't know if that is going to work - pothole this is for you. If it doesn't work, maybe you can look up her name and find her blog that way - tag74. She has just started the adoption process and is apparently kicking a$$ at it, so I intend to follow her lead if we move forward with this!

congrats on graduating from the RE, star!!! Only a couple more weeks until the 2nd tri, already, right??

Good morning,

It does seem real but sometimes l still wake up and check if all is well. Still anxious once in a while. I am 11w 3d today.

I am cheering you all and l know that one of these days we will all be holding our little ones.

Star, that is so amazing 11w3days and so close to second tri! You do have this! My re said initially she usually dcs at 8 weeks to ob but I asked to stay longer with what happened last time. So glad you got that automatically.

Wish, going to have to check out her blog. Thanks!

45 min and counting to my ultra positive ultrasound. Yeah, totally zen and feeling good about this. Hope my gut feeling is right!

Hoping for a good report Mdc! My RE stated because of my age he wanted to keep me until 11 or 12 wk. He also made sure l had biweekly US. I am glad l stayed that long with them too. Hope you get to stay long with yours longer than 8 wks.

Thanks star, she said she would do weekly and keep me as long as I wanted. Now insurance may be a different issue, but I am too superstitious to go back to my obs practice until we are past 11 weeks.

So....we have 12 follies! Three-quarters are between 9-12 and a couple 6-8 so I am very pleased. I am not a gamer but I feel like I just unlocked the next level of a game...enter level 3 ultrasound bonanza :haha: So now I wait for my e2 results and a call from my RN about my dose. Then keep eating well (lots of organic protein), minimal carbs, tons of water, and avocados. I feel this is going to happen. The last time I had such a good feeling was my first iui when we got preggo!

Yay Mdc! Thats a great start. Keep on going follies! I have a good feeling about this too. When is the next US.

Hope it works out with insurance for longer monitoring with your RE.

I'll third that good feeling Mdc. You've been so strong and patient and now it's your turn. The funny thing is that I got duffed just a few weeks after you last year, so I think we'll do that again, but with happy outcomes this time.

I'm so happy for your ultrasound report, mdc!!! how did your e2 come back? I'm sure it's fine, it has to be.
It doesn't sound like you'll have to stim for too long either - that's incredible. You're on....day 5 today?
i have such a great feeling about this too! I hope you have so many eggs, you can freeze some just in case! Not that you'll need to use 'em! :)

star - I can understand your anxiety. I'd be that way as well. But you're almost there - you can do this!

How is everyone else doing? It's a gorgeous spring day here today, I want to work from outside!

Star, I love the optimism...hope the insurance let's you stay past 8 weeks. So yes, baby on the way and damn straight they will let me stay :winkwink: Just curious did you do the Panorama? I know you did pgs. Also are you going to find out the gender Panorama or at the 20 week scan?

Ellie, yes we are totally destined to be sticky, fat, preggo, nauseated bump buddies!

Wish, the did not give me an E2 level, but I will ask. They just said stay course with the same dose. I wonder if follies grow faster with IVF drugs...also do the big ones slow down and the little ones catch up? Ahhh, so many variables for my type A personality to figure out. I hope I have some to freeze because we are doing pgs :winkwink:

So as above I am in the same dose as before. My next appt is Thursday, and then I think we will have a better idea on retreival day. I am thinking Sunday or Monday but I also have Cetrotide to slow things down :shrug: I will say with all the water I am drinking I am peeing every 15 min, and oddly enough down a couple pounds. Probably the combo of little carbs and high protein...sure those little bloat pounds will catch up to me soon. Toodles!

I didn't know you were doing pgs, Mdc. How long does that take? We may be even more bump buddies, as I'm doing a fresh one (hopefully!) If all goes according to plan, I should be having ET last week of June.

I'm so excited! A few months ago, I filled in a questionnaire that my wedding photographer sent me for a magazine feature. I didn't hear anything and forgot about it. I've just received the copy to check through and it will be in the autumn issue! The current issue has a taster picture of me and my doggie :)
https://west-weddings.co.uk (3rd picture down)

awww, Pip!!! That picture is adorable, that's so awesome!

mdc - yeah, sometimes the big ones will stop hogging all the meds and the little ones will catch up. I don't know if that happens, though, until the big ones get to about 20. However, what they shoot for is for all follies to grow about 2mm/day, I think. So I'd say you should be good to go for Sunday/Monday if all keeps up. Are you starting to feel them yet?

ugh, i could stand to lose a few. These 3 that I acquired over vacation aren't budging and I SWEAR I'm eating better and either getting out for a run or going to kb class most days!! I can even almost make it for a run around my block without stopping! But no budgey in the scale dept.

I've lost 8 lbs in a week. Cruel irony that when I shouldn't be losing weight, it's just sliding right off. Ugh! Trying to control this gestational diabetes is like a full time job. One of my doctors told me today that I need to eat more carbs! Aye aye captain, consider it done.

Ellie, first I love the wedding pic with pip! Second yes....going all in on this IVF. Last time the LO was chromosomally normal, but too scared to push our luck this time. Hope is that I still have a lot of high quality eggies in there. I just got my mock fet calendar and with a lot of optimism the hope is the et will be the last week of June or early July. Yes, bump buddies!

Wish, I do feel a little more bloated at night and a little full below the belly button, but it could all be in my head :haha: I hate it when the scale does not budge...sucks the big one! Hang in there and they will start to fall. Got my e2 from my RN...a respectable 278.

Dandi, carbs yippee! Funny how weight does not ever do what you want and get eating some complex carbs girl.

Still staying positive and zen telling the little follies to grow nice and plumpy not too fast or not too slow...just right. Omg I am officially nutso :rofl:

The past couple of months, DH and I have cut our portions back a lot and he's lost about 9kg (20lbs). My weight loss didn't happen while on clomid, but I've managed a very respectable 3.1kg (7lbs) this month. I don't want to lose too much, I have to be careful with my history, but another 4kg will take me to my wedding weight! That would be great. The best thing is, we aren't dieting. Just stopped eating crap and drastically reduced our portions.

Congrats on the weight loss Ellie! I agree try not to lose to much more. I read somewhere the optimal bmi for trying to conceive. I cannot remember the number but it was high than the lower end of normal bmi range, but I think the upper end was at the top of the normal range. If that makes sense.

Hi everyone else!

So went to the loo this morning and low and behold EWCM. Looks like my little growing follies are starting to pump some e2 out. Off to my scan to see my 12 little ones...maybe a couple more :winkwink:

how did your scan go today, mdc? I can't wait to hear! Grow, follies, GROW!!

girls, you are inspiring re: the weight loss! portion control - that's one thing I have to get back to. Even when I make a salad, I think. Though I load it up with veggies and chicken, that's it! My biggest thing is avoiding carbs and going to bed hungry. I need to not snack during my witching hour of 7-8pm. If I have a really good dinner of protein and veggies, I'm hungry during that time. So if I can just make it through then, we go to bed and watch TV in there for a couple of hrs and I can just nod off.

Went to the doc's today for my pap:
lost a pound
grew an inch (I think it was the flip-flops)

Called to get the rest of my baseline blood results:
FSH went down as noted the other day from 10 to 7
AMH went up from .34 to .51 (still horrible)
everything else is normal

just have to get this mammogram done now.

Can I just say that I also had one of the most horrifyingly embarrassing moments at the doc today? I don't even know why I'm saying this, more b/c I don't want to feel like it's this horrible secret. My doc, when performing the pap, says 'do you use tampons? I see a string...' and then uses some forceps or something to pull it out. A WHOLE TAMPON. WTF. I must have put one in in the middle of the night one night during AF last week and didn't take the other one out first! omg, so. embarrassing. And DH and I BD'ed over the weekend! ARGHHHHHHH! I apologized so many times for putting her through that. Awful.

Omg Wish! :laugh2: I laugh not because it's funny, but because it's truly one of my biggest fears. I feel like a nut job for worrying about it most of the time, so it's funny to read of it really happening to someone I know. I'm always so stressed that I've forgotten to take one out, especially in the middle of the night or early in the morning when I'm not really focusing and just on auto pilot. I've googled about it enough to know that it happens all the time, so I'm sure the dr wasn't really phased by it much. It's good that you had an appt though before that rough tampon started causing trouble!

An AMH increase too? Whatever you're doing, you must be doing something right! Yes, it's still not a good number, but it's an improvement and that can't hurt. And just remember that I'm at .6 something and still got pregnant, so screw amh numbers anyway!

Oh Wish, I'm sorry I had to laugh a bit at that story! I can imagine it was really embarrassing, but it's really not a terrible thing. Very good that she found it and took it out! I bet it's not the first time that's happened.
I once lost a tampon (the string broke and I got all panicky and managed to push it in even further) and had to get doctor to get it out. I was mortified, but he (yes, it was a he) said it happens a lot. Last time I ever used that brand though!

Great that your hormone numbers have moved in the right direction. I wouldn't get too hung up on your weight - from the pics I've seen, you are on the slimmer side anyway. I'd let myself go so badly since the cp that I desperately needed to shift a few pounds.

How's everyone? Mdc, any results yet?

My DH did a sample today and it was in a hospital over an hour away and he got lost trying to find his way around the site. He texted me in the middle of my Year 7 lesson, to say he'd missed his appointment... Then again to say he'd found it and it was in time... Then a third time to say he'd done it and felt stressed out!

Seriously, you'd think he'd been asked to do something really complicated. Trying not to be cross with him, but he keeps going on about how stressful it was... I offered to swap... Let's see...

Have a w*nk into a pot or...
Take 8 different meds, including spraying something into your nose 5 times a day for a month, injecting yourself for 2 weeks and putting something in your hoo-ha twice a day for 12 weeks; have your eggs taken out under GA and then put back in. Hmmmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->