38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Ellie, what are you using to down reg and how long will you do it? Hopefully you will not need to stim and get a miracle BFP.

Samersue, best of luck on this crazy journey.

Star, how are you feeling?

Hi to everyone else. Mighty quiet around here lately :winkwink:

Have my appt in a couple hours and hoping for great news! Just figured my first stim will have to be done while I am in the PHX airport. That should be interesting. Good thing I know that airport well and feel comfortable there.

HA! Shooting up in the airport. Mark that off your bucket list.

Mdc- all the best with the appt and first day of stims. l bet you are excited:)

Hi everyone sorry I have not been on . Oh has been away since last Tuesday . To says its been busy is an understatement !! Home tonight thankfully and I can catch up properly xx

Hi!! So sorry I've been quiet too - just busy.
No surprise babies but green light in the Letrozole IUI. AFTER I get a mammogram! So I guess this cycle is lost too. Ugh.
DH also said we could swing DE if we wanted, we had the adoption talk but aren't quite in the same page as far as age of child (???) and he didn't quite balk at overseas DE. So tons to figure out, as far as best option for us. Sigh...

I'll post more tomorrow but I'm so excited for our new IVF girls to get started!!

Great news about the letrozole and possible abroad donor eggs, Wish. If only I could send some to you. The mammogram is not really sore, just a bit uncomfortable. I hope they get it booked in soon.

Left, sounds like crazy times for you, coping with new baby and a toddler on your own... How was single parenthood?

Mdc, I'm so happy that you are good to go. I hope it is a smooth process from now.

Afm, we had our information and planning meeting with Carrie Lomax last night. She's lovely and will be looking after me throughout the process. It seems likely I'll be starting a week tomorrow, with the norethisterone tablets for 7 days and the buserelin nasal spray from Friday week for 14 days. Then I get a baseline scan on 9th June and hopefully get the green light to start the Gonal-F injections. This for about 2 weeks and only 150iu (my high AMH means I'm at risk of OHSS but apparently lower dose means greater success rate) with regular scans to check progress. When things are looking good, I trigger with Ovitrelle and retrieval is 35 hours later, under general anaesthetic. They use embryo glue and they will use assisted hatching if they decide to go to blast and they need a hand hatching. I should be PUPO by the end of June!

One thing that's a bit annoying... If I do get pregnant this cycle, I still have to pay for the meds! In a way, I kind of don't want to now, as I worry I will miscarry if I'm not directly under their care and I'm all psyched up for IVF now. We did bd last night, but I might not push it for lots this week, maybe on my birthday on Thursday (!) and just see what happens. I'm fairly sure my body won't cooperate without IVF anyway...

Oh yes, apparently they will be hoping to transfer 2 embryos/blasts! Yikes :oneofeach:

mdc - loving that you get to experience the weird shoot-up places too!! hahaha

ellie - that's so exciting!! ahhhhhh!! :happydance:

left - sorry you've been so crazy with two! My sister always says that if you're outnumbered, you're screwed! :haha: that's why she only had 2 kids :)

hi to everyone else! I miss you girls!

Wish, you have so many choices I bet your head is spinning. Between IUI, DE, adoption (domestic or international) it has to take a while to sort out the options. I may or may not have looked into international adoption a tad. :winkwink: I had a friend that I lost touch with that adopted from Russia. I know they were trying for a while as she asked me drug questions, but I was so naive then I have no idea what all they tried. From the outside it was a quick process. Although looking online so much to think about as some countries require one or both parents to have an extended trip (like 60 days) to be immersed in the culture. Maybe that was just the site I saw though. Either way you are so a mommy in the near future!

Ellie, I totally hear you about skipping the cycle before IVF. I purposely did not try because I thought I am so close and so worried if I got preggo and if something would happen I would not forgive myself.

Hi to everyone else.

So I did get the green light and drugs and syringes are packed (except the fridge one) so we are good. Three goals: #1 don't forget the med in the fridge, #2 don't panic while going through airport security bc I feel like I am smuggling drugs. I have a note (thanks Wish) and all but a 1 1/2 inch syringe for mixing the Menopur has to be suspicious :haha:, #3 don't forget to shoot up in the PHX airport.

Mdc, I'm so very excited for you. This is it!

I got a +opk and temp dip this morning, so I'll probably ovulate today. It's my birthday tomorrow, so we'll probably skip bd today and just see what happens. We did bd on Monday, so still a chance, but I'm not going to give it a proper go. With my high NK cells, I'd just rather get it all closely monitored and have the best chance with my lining being treated etc. There is a part of me that's a bit disappointed not to be trying now, but I know it's for the best.

One good thing is that I'm apparently ovulating without clomid. I did worry that 4 months of that might mean my body didn't know how to do it alone, but I do feel quite swollen still this month. If I don't get lucky with the IVF, I can still kept trying naturally.

This is so nerve wracking!

GL Ellie with getting what you really want either a surprise perfect BFP or IVF. You are right it is all so stressful.

So goal 1 done...I did check to make sure I had my meds like 5 times though :haha: First Tsa screening did not bat an eye at anything, so part way there.

Hope everyone else is well!

Go girls! Go Girls! hahaha

mdc - I SO feel what you're going through. it's all so nerve-wracking!!

ellie - I hear you about being sad not trying. Perhaps something magical will happen, though! ;)

sugar - how are you feeling? I have to check the Buddies thread. I hope you're well and baby is coming soon!!!

Did chipie leave us for good or just until she gets married? You're awfully quiet, hon!

I had my day 3 appt today to get alllll of my blood taken again for new baselines. I have a pap scheduled for next Thurs. And I got my mammogram scheduled today - for June 23rd!!! COMEON! I asked her if I could get put on a list to have it done sooner if someone cancels b/c my IUI is dependent on getting this done and I'm OLD so I don't want to waste another cycle and doing this on 6/23 would postpone another one. She understood and said she'd put me on a list. Ugh. Hell, we could have an adopted baby by the time this whole thing aligns!

Yay Mdc! Go get 'em!

Wish, 23rd June? :saywhat: That's so unfair.

So, I turn 39 tomorrow. I'm determined to give birth before I turn 40 and I'm cutting it fine! We decided to give this month a go. I've had sore ovaries all day, blazing positive opks and ewcm for a few days, so we have as good a chance as any other time. It would be quite ironic...

no updates today but missed one yesterday - I had the day 3 ultrasound too and all looked good. So my body will be ready for my letrozole cycle - just need that dang mammogram to come in earlier than 6/23.
Oh well.

I hope everyone is having a great day!! Ellie - sounds like you're getting spoiled for your bday, I love it!

Hi girls,
Happy birthday Ellie. I hope you have a baby befors 40! I see you are doing all things possible to make it happen. Fx that it all works out. Go Ellie!

Wish- Yay for the femara and IUI. That is so exciting. I know this will be a breeze compared to ivf. I have everything crossed out for the mammogram and the IUI.

Mdc- you have become a legit drug trafficker:). Was today day one of stims? You are a champ doing all your travels and stimming at the same time.

Left- your littls ones do keep you busy but am sure its a joy taking care of them.

Hello to the rest of the ladies.

Afm, nothing new to update other than an US tomorrow and a release to my ob. Work has been super busy of late but still tugging along. I have a SIL coming to visit from out of state this weekend and not looking forward to it. She has been insisting on coming for a visit for the last 2 yrs and we finally gave in. I thought it is better to let her come now than when we have a baby. She is super hyper and 'know it all' Kind of a person. She doesnt know am expecting and we are not planing to tell her for she will start giving unwanted advice. This is how l will spend my weekend. I hope you all have a relaxed weekend.

Oh bless you Star! She sounds like my MIL. Best of luck with the visit and the ultrasound tomorrow!

Great news Wish. Come on medics, get Wish an earlier mammogram!

Star, good luck with us. Will you show us piccies?

Hi Cristy. How are you?

Mdc, how's stimming going?

Afm, I had a good birthday, if you block out the 8.30-3 part (where I deal with a few ungrateful teenagers and a few unpleasant colleagues). DH and I went to see Jungle Book at the cinema and it was great. We also relaxed the diet tonight and I had sweeties and a pizza!

Birthday present from DH was also amazing! I've got tickets to see Roger Taylor's Queen tribute band in October. I absolutely cannot wait!!!

Hi everyone :) it feels like forever since I've been on :)

Ellie huge birthday wishes and I make a special wish for you that this will be the year you meet your LO xxx

Wish one step forward .... One back uh ! Why the need for a mammogram ? Or is it just proceedure ? I need education !! In any case I hope you get put on the top of the list and are called in the next week or so x

Mdc , what can I say .. Super women !! Can't be easy travelling and keeping all the balls in the air .

Star I don't take one second with my little blessings for granted :) they were hard fought for . I'm so excited for you it MUST have sunk in at this point ;) lol..... Good luck for tommrow . Sil sounds like a pain in the bum !!! Have fun ..........

Dani where did that time go !!!!! Nearly into single figure countdown !!! You won't feel it !!

Huge hugs to everyone else xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->